• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WandaVision

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So...

Even Peters was nothing but stunt casting? Seriously?

One of the reasons I didn’t like Mr Robot was because the entire 2nd season was just the writers flat out lying to the audience. That left such a bad taste in my mouth, I never finished the series. They lost my trust.

I have a similar feeling now. They know everyone is super excited about Mutants coming into the MCU. And they know that fan theories have been abundant since both universes introduced their own versions of the Maximov twins. So what do they do? They flat out play on that by casting Even Peters as just some random Joe who got hijacked into playing Wanda’s dead brother? Seriously? That is crossing a line, imho. They could have played the EXACT storyline, but with someone like Aaron Paul in the role instead and I would have been totally OK with it. But casting Even Peters was a blatant, dishonest piece of stunt casting.

Remove the entire Pietro arc, and I might give the season on a whole of a 6.5 or 7. It started super slow and stayed in that gear about twice as long as it should have. But once it got of that motif, the action picked up and the story was somewhat OK.

But factoring in the fact that the entire Pietro thing was a red herring, I don’t think I can rate the show higher than a 4 or 4.5. My excitement for Falcon and Winter Soldier just went WAY down.

I agree, when i saw that it wasn't Quicksilver, i made a notable sigh in disappointment... you never want your audience to be disappointed in your story telling... I do think there is a way out of this though... Similar to the last second of the post credit scene where the son asked for help, if the sons exist, then there has to be another dimension of some sort... and maybe there we will find a living quicksilver... and it will be easier to use evan peters as that quicksilver than the one from this universe since Evan peters is a more popular actor.. and maybe it will tie in the x-men world then...

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this;

People are gonna be disappointed with the finale of WandaVision

Not because its bad, it's not by any means it's not, but because they've read too many theories and headlines so they think any number of people might show up in the last episode.

Its a self contained show, with a few Easter eggs and name drops, and isn't reliant on other material to make up its runtime. I don't know how that lends itself to being rewatched but I didn't feel like I wasted my time with the show.

7/10

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this;

Not because its bad, it's not by any means it's not, but because they've read too many theories and headlines so they think any number of people might show up in the last episode.

Its a self contained show, with a few Easter eggs and name drops, and isn't reliant on other material to make up its runtime. I don't know how that lends itself to being rewatched but I didn't feel like I wasted my time with the show.

7/10
I intended to rewatch it this weekend, but the major character point has really made me irked with the whole show and I am not sure I will do a rewatch.

Trolling your audience is generally not a good idea, me thinks.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I intended to rewatch it this weekend, but the major character point has really made me irked with the whole show and I am not sure I will do a rewatch.

Trolling your audience is generally not a good idea, me thinks.
see I think the red herring was great.

and the fact that is irks you so much kind of makes me smile to know that they were successful.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why only 9 episodes though?

that's weird

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and the fact that is irks you so much kind of makes me smile to know that they were successful.

Successful at what?? Being as blahhhhhhhhhhh as possible??

I am defintely not as outraged as Cal(maybe cause I was only semi invested in this show to begin with) but hes right that it was lazy and stupid. Also, predictable

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Successful at what?? Being as blahhhhhhhhhhh as possible??

I am defintely not as outraged as Cal(maybe cause I was only semi invested in this show to begin with) but hes right that it was lazy and stupid. Also, predictable
what is lazy and stupid about it?

they did a reveal that got people talking and thinking "oh shit!"

That's great! What a good misdirection! I love it.

I don't think there was anything blah about it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is lazy and stupid about it?

they did a reveal that got people talking and thinking "oh shit!"

That's great! What a good misdirection! I love it.

I don't think there was anything blah about it.

Lazy and stupid??.....That it literally amounted to nothing. Thats kinda the definition of lazy writing.

But it wasn't really a misdirection. Again, it was pretty predictable he was just a phony(obviously I didnt 100% predict he was some neighbor guy). MOst of the "misdirection" was just due to diehard fanboys HOPING it was the introduction of Xmen joining this universe.

So it wasn't a fake out, but more a slap in the face. Like when some hottie flaunts her titties in your face then chuckles and walks away.

You're right, it did get people talking, for a couple weeks. Now because they failed to stick the landing its gonna get people talking for a lot longer.........negatively.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the MCU can continue to produce quality product time after time while the DC world can’t get out of the gate defies logic.

Bring on Falcon & The Winter Soldier!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

im still not sold that it was 100% red herring...

fake pietro had his own memories about their childhood, makes me believe that he channeled a pietro from another dimension...

that may have even been proven by the post credit scene from the finale, where Wanda's sons were asking for help... and with the hints that this show was going to tie into the Dr Strange movie...

i fully believe that fake pietro was easy to control because he was a conductor to the x-men pietro, who we know is alive still...

still either way it was a cheap trick... but maybe they just couldn't make a significant change in the marvel universe in a television show...

and this acted as a hint for what's to come..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll say this;

7/10

It's a good show and a ton of the backlash about the finale is centered on people being pissed it didn't match up to their head canon. That's a problem on them, not the show.

If we're looking for real faults though, the finale was a little rushed. All the secondary characters basically got handwaved away with abrupt, simple conclusions so they could spend more time on the Agatha/Wanda fight. And even that time could have been better served going into some more detail and nuance about each character like

What Wanda did was really fucked up. She tortured an entire town. And while they touched on it some, they still basically treated her like she's the hero and she worked out her grief. It's more complicated than that. They should have dove into those layers more. We needed similar expansion of Agatha's motivations as well. Instead, they basically just made her a simple bad guy that wanted power despite in the previous episode hinting she had reasons to prevent the unleashing of the Scarlett Witch beyond just pure bad guy stuff

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im still not sold that it was 100% red herring...

fake pietro had his own memories about their childhood, makes me believe that he channeled a pietro from another dimension...

that may have even been proven by the post credit scene from the finale, where Wanda's sons were asking for help... and with the hints that this show was going to tie into the Dr Strange movie...

i fully believe that fake pietro was easy to control because he was a conductor to the x-men pietro, who we know is alive still...

still either way it was a cheap trick... but maybe they just couldn't make a significant change in the marvel universe in a television show...

and this acted as a hint for what's to come..

Agatha said in an earlier episode she was just leeching of Wanda's memories. She didn't think the fake Pietro thing would work but Wanda's grief was so strong, she just went along with it. He didn't really have those memories. He was just Ralph Boehner that was under Agatha's spell.

And the fact that it was Evan Peters is just a winking joke about the Fox/MCU stuff.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This next phase of Marvel is going to be crap except for blade, black panther 2 and guardians of the galaxy
They're bringing Blade back? Word. The TV show with brah man from Onyx didn't get enough love n was cancelled too soon.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where did white Vision go to?
It's a good show and a ton of the backlash about the finale is centered on people being pissed it didn't match up to their head canon. That's a problem on them, not the show.

If we're looking for real faults though, the finale was a little rushed. All the secondary characters basically got handwaved away with abrupt, simple conclusions so they could spend more time on the Agatha/Wanda fight. And even that time could have been better served going into some more detail and nuance about each character like

What Wanda did was really fucked up. She tortured an entire town. And while they touched on it some, they still basically treated her like she's the hero and she worked out her grief. It's more complicated than that. They should have dove into those layers more. We needed similar expansion of Agatha's motivations as well. Instead, they basically just made her a simple bad guy that wanted power despite in the previous episode hinting she had reasons to prevent the unleashing of the Scarlett Witch beyond just pure bad guy stuff
I really don't know what people wanted. It gave a good story about two lesser known characters and gave us more info on why Wanda is Wanda. She doesn't fully know her powers and that was made clear in the show.

I was satisfied as it made me want to see more of her as they flesh her out little by little.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will the Twitter Avengers assemble and realize the men used reason and discussion to resolve their feud while the women used magic and manipulation?

Can't wait for Cancelled Wars!

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When will the Twitter Avengers assemble and realize the men used reason and discussion to resolve their feud while the women used magic and manipulation?

Can't wait for Cancelled Wars!
:yawning: :yawning: :yawning:

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the earlier episodes were pretty good by the last 2 or 3 were pretty meh. Episode 8 in particular was pretty bad. 30 minutes of exposition to basically explain who Wanda is and who the fairly random bad gal of Agatha is. Which I guess they had to because they spent the 1st 6 episodes doing head fakes as to what was going on with little or not explanation.
I'm not sure how we are supposed to view Wanda in a positive way. From the perspective of the townsfolk, this was a horror movie and Wanda was the monster. Trying to suggest that losing her fake kids and robot husband somehow makes that a wash is pretty ridiculous.

I've watched most of the MCU movies but I don't really care about the canon. This story was ok but had some pretty major flaws.

Cave_Johnson

R.I.P. Bob Saget
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty meh final episode.

They tried reaaaalllly hard to make that SWORD guy and Agatha out to be these terrible people. Even had the dude in cuffs at the end and Agatha basically getting tortured. Damn homie.

At least they didn't mind r*pe and torture thousands of people for several weeks like our hero.

ill

THRILLHO
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the earlier episodes were pretty good by the last 2 or 3 were pretty meh. Episode 8 in particular was pretty bad. 30 minutes of exposition to basically explain who Wanda is and who the fairly random bad gal of Agatha is. Which I guess they had to because they spent the 1st 6 episodes doing head fakes as to what was going on with little or not explanation.
I'm not sure how we are supposed to view Wanda in a positive way. From the perspective of the townsfolk, this was a horror movie and Wanda was the monster. Trying to suggest that losing her fake kids and robot husband somehow makes that a wash is pretty ridiculous.

I've watched most of the MCU movies but I don't really care about the canon. This story was ok but had some pretty major flaws.
They are here real kids.

And that's kind of part of her character. She was bad before joining the avengers and she is kind of a headache for them while on their team. Plus she is so overpowered that it can be problematic.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are here real kids.

I guess we are just supposed to assume some sort of multiverse type thing here? I mean, I guess that's fine. Dr. Strange certainly played into that. But with all the exposition in the last 2 episodes they didn't spend any time on that. How exactly did she have kids with Vision?

And that's kind of part of her character. She was bad before joining the avengers and she is kind of a headache for them while on their team. Plus she is so overpowered that it can be problematic.

Like I said, I don't really follow the canon/mythology of the MCU in general. And I've watched probably about 70% of the MCU movies. So I really don't know anything about the back story of the Scarlet Witch. But I definitely thought the ending was pretty problematic.
Honestly, making Hayward the big bad was pretty ridiculous given that he's basically saying that she is way too powerful to have something like Vision and she pretty much is proving that with how she is treating the people of Westview. This wasn't the case of unintended consequences. She willfully was torturing them.