• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walter football's 1st round mock dynasty draft

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you here counting on 49ers WRs be it Pettis or Deedo , Hurd ......sorry for you all because it's not happening.....:D
Shouldn't hurt much since we have no 49er fans here.
Don't like any of them?? Me neither.. But I do like Deebo from Friday :)

I'm intrigued by Hurd, Pettis and Deebo though..meh

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I can't understand why a guy like Metcalf would be ranked higher than a guy like Mercole.
I can only assume that Metcalf was a better collegiate athlete.

I think 99% of the people taking Metcalf early realize he could be Kevin White 2.0, but also realize he has the highest ceiling of any player in this draft. Metcalfs upside is TO minus the diva personality, Mecoles upside is Tyler Lockett.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 99% of the people taking Metcalf early realize he could be Kevin White 2.0, but also realize he has the highest ceiling of any player in this draft. Metcalfs upside is TO minus the diva personality, Mecoles upside is Tyler Lockett.
Tyler Lockett on the Chiefs ain't bad.

Metcalf is definitely a high ceiling, low floor player. I do think it's somewhat alarming to see him drop so far in the draft. I figured he was going top 15 and someone who could be TO should go that high.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For all you here counting on 49ers WRs be it Pettis or Deedo , Hurd ......sorry for you all because it's not happening.....:D
Shouldn't hurt much since we have no 49er fans here.
and why is that?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that expect Hardman to magically walk into Hill's 130+ targets are smoking some amazing shit, please pass this way when you're done puffing.

The upside is totally there, but he's still a raw project player for the NFL game. Even less polished than Hill 3yrs ago, and Hill was a WAY better prospect, more talent and more baggage unfortunately.

I'm officially in the "need to see it before I believe it" camp on Mecole. Give me Demarcus Robinson 5+ rounds later, every format please. If you're going to stab at the KC WRs, take the one that's learned Reid's offense the past few yrs over the one they reached for to draft a couple wks ago.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People that expect Hardman to magically walk into Hill's 130+ targets are smoking some amazing shit, please pass this way when you're done puffing.

The upside is totally there, but he's still a raw project player for the NFL game. Even less polished than Hill 3yrs ago, and Hill was a WAY better prospect, more talent and more baggage unfortunately.

I'm officially in the "need to see it before I believe it" camp on Mecole. Give me Demarcus Robinson 5+ rounds later, every format please. If you're going to stab at the KC WRs, take the one that's learned Reid's offense the past few yrs over the one they reached for to draft a couple wks ago.
:agree::peace::salute::amen:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think 99% of people also think that Hardman isn't going to walk in day 1 and get all of Hill's targets. Hill had 83 targets in his rookie season and was a pro bowl level special teams player. I'm expecting that to be Hardman's ceiling in year 1 and his floor is quite a bit lower.

Demarcus Robinson's floor is getting Chris Conley level targets (50-70) and his ceiling is pretty darn high so its hard for me to hate but he does fit the profile of disposable WR that the Chiefs have been churning through every year.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think 99% of people also think that Hardman isn't going to walk in day 1 and get all of Hill's targets. Hill had 83 targets in his rookie season and was a pro bowl level special teams player. I'm expecting that to be Hardman's ceiling in year 1 and his floor is quite a bit lower.

Demarcus Robinson's floor is getting Chris Conley level targets (50-70) and his ceiling is pretty darn high so its hard for me to hate but he does fit the profile of disposable WR that the Chiefs have been churning through every year.
Yep..he's a place holder until someone better comes along. That could be Hardman week 1, week 6, week 15, or next year...or it could be virtually anyone else off the street between now and then. He may seem safer, but that's some serious fools gold that could tarnish at any given moment. Caution should definitely be advised on Hardman, but outside of Watkins, he's the best bet to actually have a role, a roll likely to grow, all season long.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a few reasons why I think rookie Tyreek received the touches he did vs why rookie Hardman won't:

-Injury: Maclin missed 4 games, Charles only played in 3, leaving behind the uninspiring duo of Ware/West in the backfield and Conley/Wilson at WR, so of course Hill gained some early snaps out of the backfield over those 2 and was at least the de facto WR3 for 25% of the games as well, even if his receiving skill set was redundant to Wilson at the time.

-Lack of Weapons/Talent: after Maclin, Chiefs only had Albert Wilson and Chris Conley to compete with. Watkins was a legit top 5 draft pick, and is head and shoulders about the talent level from what the Chiefs had in '16, and Robinson is every bit as good as Conley, who had a decent year when replacing Watkins as the WR2 last season, but not so much as the WR3 when all were healthy. Hardman is simply walking onto a team that has more talent than what Hill was drafted onto a few yrs back. Hyde/Williams duo will be harder to steal touches from in the backfield as well compared to Ware/West.

-Draft Pedigree: Hill was a fringe 1st round talent that fell down draft boards due to off-field concerns. Hardman was a Day 3 prospect that most teams had as a 4th/5th round guy, that the Chiefs reached for on Day 2, after learning that Hill would be suspended and possibly done with them. Say what you want about that, often times it does become a factor for rookie playing time.