• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Walter football's 1st round mock dynasty draft

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Round 1

1. Josh Jacobs, RB, Raiders
  2. N'Keal Harry, WR, Patriots
  3. David Montgomery, RB, Bears
  4. Miles Sanders, RB, Eagles
  5. T.J. Hockenson, TE, Lions
  6. D.K. Metcalf, WR, Seahawks
  7. Darrell Henderson, RB, Rams
  8. A.J. Brown, WR, Titans
  9. Parris Campbell, WR, Colts
  10. Kyler Murray, QB, Cardinals
  11. Mecole Hardman, WR, Chiefs
  12. Deebo Samuel, WR, 49ers

Read more: WalterFootball.com: 2019 Fantasy Football Mock Draft - Dynasty Rookies

Read more at WalterFootball.com: 2019 Fantasy Football Mock Draft - Dynasty Rookies

Yes per walt i got the top 3 rooks, so you know they are gonna stink...............walts high on hockensen
@The Foot

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I hate rookies, I'd like to discuss this.

See, I believe that anyone who follows NCAA is perhaps consciously or unconsciously swayed by what they saw when these guys played college ball.
Because I can't understand why a guy like Metcalf would be ranked higher than a guy like Mercole.
I can only assume that Metcalf was a better collegiate athlete.

Unfortunately, Metcalf went to a run-first, pass-UNfriendly Seahawks team. (Wilson ranked 20th in passes attempted.)
Meanwhile, Cheifs moved up to get Mercole and rumors are he will immediately slide into Tyreek Hill's position. (Hill had 137 targets in Reid's offense. Only 12 other players across all positions had more.)
The landing spot clearly benefits Mercole over Metcalf.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I hate rookies, I'd like to discuss this.

See, I believe that anyone who follows NCAA is perhaps consciously or unconsciously swayed by what they saw when these guys played college ball.
Because I can't understand why a guy like Metcalf would be ranked higher than a guy like Mercole.
I can only assume that Metcalf was a better collegiate athlete.

Unfortunately, Metcalf went to a run-first, pass-UNfriendly Seahawks team. (Wilson ranked 20th in passes attempted.)
Meanwhile, Cheifs moved up to get Mercole and rumors are he will immediately slide into Tyreek Hill's position. (Hill had 137 targets in Reid's offense. Only 12 other players across all positions had more.)
The landing spot clearly benefits Mercole over Metcalf.
Metcalf was not a better athlete, hurt a lot and outproduced by aj brown. He has physical traits but herdman was a great college player. If he didn’t go to the chiefs no
One
Would be hyping him

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Metcalf was not a better athlete, hurt a lot and outproduced by aj brown. He has physical traits but herdman was a great college player. If he didn’t go to the chiefs no
One
Would be hyping him
Sorry joe meant herdman wasn’t a great college olayer

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya Joe..its easier to see Metcalf project more like a DHB, or Braylon Edwards, or David Boston, and that was before he ended up in Seattle. His agility and lateral quickness are severely lacking. And in the NFL, you can't just "out athlete" everyone, you've gotta have some tricks, and at the moment, he doesn't, and his measurables suggest he might not ever.

Hardman is pretty much exclusively raw speed and agility at this point. But, with those unteachable attributes, the nuances of route running and creating separation and whatnot, can be coached. And until then, hes in an offense designed, in large part, around a guy with those exact same attributes. Its easy to see early success, and if hes coachable, sustained success.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with ya Joe..its easier to see Metcalf project more like a DHB, or Braylon Edwards, or David Boston, and that was before he ended up in Seattle. His agility and lateral quickness are severely lacking. And in the NFL, you can't just "out athlete" everyone, you've gotta have some tricks, and at the moment, he doesn't, and his measurables suggest he might not ever.

Hardman is pretty much exclusively raw speed and agility at this point. But, with those unteachable attributes, the nuances of route running and creating separation and whatnot, can be coached. And until then, hes in an offense designed, in large part, around a guy with those exact same attributes. Its easy to see early success, and if hes coachable, sustained success.
I was comparing Mercole over Metcalf.
SP derailed the comparison.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well either way, I agree Mecole is a better bet for success in the NFL, no matter what way the comparison is framed :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was comparing Mercole over Metcalf.
SP derailed the comparison.

All things being the same, as in QB, team etc I'd go Metcalf over Mecole easily.
Since it's not all the same....Mecole on a pass throwing offense with a gaping need at WR to replace Hill vs Metcalf on a run happy team with a need at WR to replace Baldwin.
I go Mecole here based on the offense being pass happy. Both WRs need some polish.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Hardman

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things being the same, as in QB, team etc I'd go Metcalf over Mecole easily.
Since it's not all the same....Mecole on a pass throwing offense with a gaping need at WR to replace Hill vs Metcalf on a run happy team with a need at WR to replace Baldwin.
I go Mecole here based on the offense being pass happy. Both WRs need some polish.
Why metcalf? Other than he’s a seahawk? The college tape doesn’t support it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why metcalf? Other than he’s a seahawk? The college tape doesn’t support it

Mecole played QB in high school , then defensive back in college until he got moved to WR. He's mostly just a speed player. Not big, not polished and not the athlete Metcalf is, not even close. Metcalf >Mecole. If the Seahawks drafted Mecole instead of Metcalf, nobody would be high on him, not even a little.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mecole played QB in high school , then defensive back in college until he got moved to WR. He's mostly just a speed player. Not big, not polished and not the athlete Metcalf is, not even close. Metcalf >Mecole. If the Seahawks drafted Mecole instead of Metcalf, nobody would be high on him, not even a little.
I agree he’s hype because of the chiefs I’m on record as stating that. I just think there’s way more metcalf hype than his actual play justifies. I also think him falling in the draft shows it too. If he was as big of a monster as the hype stayed, he’s the first wr off the board, and a first rounder

I also fully admit when I asked that question I forgot about the position changes. Thank you for re educating me, seriously

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he’s hype because of the chiefs I’m on record as stating that. I just think there’s way more metcalf hype than his actual play justifies. I also think him falling in the draft shows it too. If he was as big of a monster as the hype stayed, he’s the first wr off the board, and a first rounder

I also fully admit when I asked that question I forgot about the position changes. Thank you for re educating me, seriously

I don't own Metcalf in a single league so guess I'm not drinking the cool aid yet. For the right cost I won't mind owning him though.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the value of Sternberger at 21.

Deebo Samuel is a grown man. I'd be stunned if he didn't produce immediately.

Mecole Hardman is obviously a bit of a wildcard because ideally he would slot in for Tyreek Hill but maybe he ends up more of a special teams guy like Devin Hester. Still, the eyeball test has him as probably the 3rd most talented person who could catch footballs from Mahomes and if Watkins gets banged up like he always does then that quickly jumps to #2. It'd be hard to not have Hardman as the 2nd WR off the board.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not the athlete Metcalf is, not even close. Metcalf >Mecole. .
Not at all how the numbers says it.

Hardman's, faster, quicker, more agile, all the combine drills bear witness to that...and as you stated, a QB, a DB, and a WR..more versatile...I can't see how that doesn't equate to better athlete..or at the very bare minimum, a push. Just because he's huge and can run fast, doesn't mean he's a better athlete..means he's a good sprinter

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all how the numbers says it.

Hardman's, faster, quicker, more agile, all the combine drills bear witness to that...and as you stated, a QB, a DB, and a WR..more versatile...I can't see how that doesn't equate to better athlete..or at the very bare minimum, a push. Just because he's huge and can run fast, doesn't mean he's a better athlete..means he's a good sprinter
Parris Campbell was the only WR with a faster 40 at the combine.

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good topic of discussion here. I think the greatest thing about both Hardman and Metcalf is their landing spots. Baldwin (and possibly Hill) bowing out opens up a real opportunity. I know as a sheer prospect (before the nfl draft and combine) Metcalf was waaay higher to me for the simple fact he can get off press coverage. Hardman looks more like a gadget player, so his team fit was more critical.

When I look at college wrs, I want to see how well they can slip past press, how well they can turn a DB around or fight thru contact running their route. I try not to get caught up with level of competition, but it is a small factor as is the QB throwing the balls. One other factor is I want to see who the team goes to on 3rd down or in the red zone. I saw Metcalf as a much better player in this comparison. But now today, knowing Hardman landed with Mahomeboy, somehow I feel like the gap between the 2 is closer. Still take Metcalf though.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot - 5_24_2019 , 2_50_38 PM.png

Top performer in Vertical Jump and Broad jump. The guy a stud athlete.