• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2000 it made no sense to even sign a QB as a UFA, let alone draft one. Brady was drafted because he was wanted by the brain trust (which included Rehbein, but excludes Kraft). Clearly everyone remembers how highly regard Bledsoe was prior to 2000 before his façade began to crack that year and Michael Bishop was highly regarded as a developmental QB, plus Damon Huard was a seasoned backup.

It is impossible for me to overstate how much I loathed watching Bledsoe play. It was fucking painful. I would've taken anybody over Bledsoe. And on the rare occasion that we won a game it would all be about Bledsoe's "late game heroics".

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is impossible for me to overstate how much I loathed watching Bledsoe play. It was fucking painful. I would've taken anybody over Bledsoe. And on the rare occasion that we won a game it would all be about Bledsoe's "late game heroics".
I can't stand when someone is credited for getting themselves out of the corner they painted themselves into, and completely overlook the god damn footprints in the paint.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill may be hold up in the blizard or is sailing around somewhere in the Caribbean. Either way, it's time to start looking for some fresh blood. Call Bill O'Brien who's in Alabama running Nick Saban's offense and call Brian Flores and get them back to Foxboro. Nobidy wants Stevie as the DC and we certainly don't want a newbie that's never had any front line experience trying to shove a totally new offense down Mac's throat.

Johnthan Kraft must get off his ass and make sure that Bill puts the pieces in place to insure that there's a smooth transition if something else happens.
"The New England Patriots have not announced their coaching staff for the 2022 season yet, and will likely not do so until the start of training camp in July."

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill is toying with BigKen!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe some coordinators or some position coaches...?
I coached youth sports for 44 years and the only teams I could pretty much coach by myself were Girls 17U Basketball. Always had assistants in Baseball, Boys Basketball and Offensive and Defensive coaches in football through high school. As HC, you always have input, but you also have to be able to listen to your staff. Trying to make all of the calls would have been impossible, especially in tight critical games.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Excited Lets Go GIF by New England Patriots

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill is toying with BigKen!
“Ultimately, it’s my responsibility,” Belichick said. “… I’ve done a variety of things. I’ll do what I feel like helps the team the best, whatever that is.”

The Patriots are expected to operate without an official offensive or defensive coordinator this season.

Stevie and Mayo will be the semi-DCs. Troy Brown interim OC???

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Ultimately, it’s my responsibility,” Belichick said. “… I’ve done a variety of things. I’ll do what I feel like helps the team the best, whatever that is.”

The Patriots are expected to operate without an official offensive or defensive coordinator this season.

Stevie and Mayo will be the semi-DCs. Troy Brown interim OC???
Conjecture - he will tell us when he wants to. Maddening, no?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Conjecture - he will tell us when he wants to. Maddening, no?
Or with the turmoil within, he's decided to say, "I'll take the heat and the blame if this thing goes south."

With Bill, it's always been a mystery wrapped in a myth in a jar of unknowns.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kraft addressed the media at the Owners Meetings in Palm Beach.

"Bill has own way of running the team. He's been doing his job for over forty years. I try not to get involved in how he runs the team."

In regards to hiring and OC and DC.

"Bill has always had his own way of hiring coaches since he took over. He may have already given his staff their assignments for the season. I think it's worked pretty well."

Basically, Bob Kraft trusts the way Bill is doing things and will not step in. He sorta forced BB to implement a more inclusive attitude last year and Bill said it worked well having a more 'open door' approach. Tough three days at the Breakers.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tom Curran and Phil Perry on Early Edition last night, the following is being put into place.

Nick Caley will have overall offense responsibility.
Joe Judge will have QBs and RBs
Matt Patricia will have the OL
Troy Brown have WRs

Steve Belichick and Jerrod Mayo will share Defense as they have in the past.
Mayo will also have the LB

Curran says that there is weird excitement in Coaches Row.

Something of note. Players parking lot has been full every day since the end of February. Entire training staff and Strength and Health Coaches are pretty much living in Gillette.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Tom Curran and Phil Perry on Early Edition last night, the following is being put into place.

Nick Caley will have overall offense responsibility.
Joe Judge will have QBs and RBs
Matt Patricia will have the OL
Troy Brown have WRs

Steve Belichick and Jerrod Mayo will share Defense as they have in the past.
Mayo will also have the LB

Curran says that there is weird excitement in Coaches Row.

Something of note. Players parking lot has been full every day since the end of February. Entire training staff and Strength and Health Coaches are pretty much living in Gillette.
Hopefully they are doing some speed drills