• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The local sports media finally had a chance to talk with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge yesterday. As is the BB style, not a lot of meat on this bone. Could be payback for the little click stories about not giving coaches specific titles.

Patricia. I've been working some of the time with offensive line. Have started working with Cole Strange and his ceiling is way up there. He's got a lot of work to do. All of the new guys have got to find their way.

Judge. I've been working with Mac, primarily. Spent a lot of time with all of the skill units. It's early but very promising.

They pretty much gave about a penny back on a dollar. This we now know. Matt is working with the OL and could be working with them on individual skills and not the entire line. Judge is the QB coach and will be putting in work most likely on RBs running screens and getting passes out of the backfield.

Nothing earth shattering, but there was just a hint of a "fuck you" and the negative and unnecessary click bait BS.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The local sports media finally had a chance to talk with Matt Patricia and Joe Judge yesterday. As is the BB style, not a lot of meat on this bone. Could be payback for the little click stories about not giving coaches specific titles.

Patricia. I've been working some of the time with offensive line. Have started working with Cole Strange and his ceiling is way up there. He's got a lot of work to do. All of the new guys have got to find their way.

Judge. I've been working with Mac, primarily. Spent a lot of time with all of the skill units. It's early but very promising.

They pretty much gave about a penny back on a dollar. This we now know. Matt is working with the OL and could be working with them on individual skills and not the entire line. Judge is the QB coach and will be putting in work most likely on RBs running screens and getting passes out of the backfield.

Nothing earth shattering, but there was just a hint of a "fuck you" and the negative and unnecessary click bait BS.
Yet you are writing about it. I'd say they accomplished their objective.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sort of does read to me as if there are defined roles. IMO

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sort of does read to me as if there are defined roles. IMO
Well if our experienced O-line coach is working with Strange and makes a statement to the effect he has a huge ceiling and a long way to go, makes me feel his title is O-Line coordinator. If Judge is working with Mac and the skills guy seem his title assigned or not is O-Coordinator

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Judge is working with Mac and the skills guy seem his title assigned or not is O-Coordinator
And still at Gillette is the lurking shadow of Bill O'Brien, OC of the Alabama Crimson Tide, former OC of the NEP and Head Coach of the Houston Texans.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article on NFL.com about the Patriots not naming coordinators.

the writer said that most coaches work their way up the ladder often jumping from team to team. The Patriots over the past twenty two have done things differently and have forced every coach to cross train on all aspects of coaching. Every Patriot coach has coached offense, defense and special teams. That includes Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennell and Josh McDaniel. The writer said that Belichick has always put the team concept first, especially for coaches. "Every coach has a job to do that is his or her first priority. They must also assist other coaches who are handling other positions within their responsibility on offense, defense or special teams.

Having a title according to BB doesn't change what Bill wants that person to do or that person's responsibilities. The best point was that many of the coordinators,and coaches want the title for self promotion for consideration for the next job in hopes that it will led to the head coach or GM position. In Belichick's system, he doesn't want coaches to get more attention than the team or he guides them to the exit and wishes them well. Can't be concentrating on winning football and winning a new job somewhere else.

The guy put some research and effort into defending what's going on in Foxboro. It makes complete sense. The article wouldn't allow me to copy the URL or I would have posted it.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great article on NFL.com about the Patriots not naming coordinators.

the writer said that most coaches work their way up the ladder often jumping from team to team. The Patriots over the past twenty two have done things differently and have forced every coach to cross train on all aspects of coaching. Every Patriot coach has coached offense, defense and special teams. That includes Charlie Weiss, Romeo Crennell and Josh McDaniel. The writer said that Belichick has always put the team concept first, especially for coaches. "Every coach has a job to do that is his or her first priority. They must also assist other coaches who are handling other positions within their responsibility on offense, defense or special teams.

Having a title according to BB doesn't change what Bill wants that person to do or that person's responsibilities. The best point was that many of the coordinators,and coaches want the title for self promotion for consideration for the next job in hopes that it will led to the head coach or GM position. In Belichick's system, he doesn't want coaches to get more attention than the team or he guides them to the exit and wishes them well. Can't be concentrating on winning football and winning a new job somewhere else.

The guy put some research and effort into defending what's going on in Foxboro. It makes complete sense. The article wouldn't allow me to copy the URL or I would have posted it.
That's how BB did it. He was special teams coach when Parcels was DC. They shared a desk and at some point BB starting passing concepts to BP. When BP was promoted to HC, he knew who to hire as DC, and at first the players didn't like it because to them he had no pedigree.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its killing the media that BB wont name some one lol:suds:

he Athletic's Jeff Howe reports Matt Patricia is the early favorite to take on the Patriots' offensive play caller role in 2022.​

Howe reports that New England head coach Bill Belichick "has not yet decided who will call the plays during the season, but it’s trending in Patricia’s direction, according to a source." Patricia and Joe Judge, who has worked with the team's QBs this offseason, "are each preparing for the possibility of calling plays, but Patricia’s workload this spring has suggested he’s the early favorite to handle that responsibility." It's a curious development, as both Patricia and Judge presided over horrendous offenses in their brief head coaching tenures. The team is simplifying its offensive play calling language, per Howe, after the departure of longtime offensive coordinator Josh McDaniel. It sure seems like a dicey situation for Mac Jones as he enters his sophomore season.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The media has declared that all indications point to Matt Patricia calling the offense this year.

The media has dec;lared that BB is the best professional coach and can do more with much less than other coaches with much more. Interesting point made was that the Buffalo Bills over the past three years would be SB Champs if BB was coaching such a talented group. They put Sean McDermott in the lower levels of pro coaches. One guy said the Bills would be the moist hated NFL team if BB was coaching them because they would have been the first team to win 3 SB in a row and would be the favorites for the next three or four.

I have to agree with Reb. If you want any kind of Patriots news down here, you have to work to find it. I'm an hour away from Jacksonville and haven't seen a single comment on TV about the Jags. Nothing about the Bucs and very, very little mention of the Dolphins. Sports news is about thirty seconds of the broadcast.

Glad the Pats have four prime time games in a row this year.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was reading a short blurb about who would be the possible play caller from the sideline this season. The author believes that BB will entrust that job to Matt Patricia. Oddly enough, he was also talking about the mini camp and just how involved Belichick was in the offense. Since most of the media was focusing on Bill this guy decided to look in the other direction to see exactly what was going on with the defense. From his point of view, Jerrod Mayo appeared to have more say with all of the defensive coaches than anyone else including Steve Belichick.

He was still questioning BB's lack of coordinators, but then reversed himself and said, "Belichick has always been one step ahead of everyone else in the NFL. From this writer's point of view, he may be signaling a new methodology where coaches will not have specific titles or limited responsibility. All of the coaches will have equal opportunities to make suggestions and adjustments on either offense or defense. Maybe Bill will allow cross coaching because the opposite side sees things from a different angle."

Are we witnessing an entirely new way of running an NFL team on the field? If the Patriots finish the season 9-8 or better, how many other head coaches will adopt the Belichick coaching system?