• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bill! A running coach is cheap and teaching non-track guys how to run is very helpful! Something to think and plan before camp!

Hey @Yankee Traveler, can you vouch for the fact that even most runners do not know how to run?
LOL My wife an I laugh at this every time we go to the beach, what is it about the beach that makes people feel like they need to go out for a run. My wife is a runner and I ran well for years but some of the people we are seeing you can tell that shit aint real

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL My wife an I laugh at this every time we go to the beach, what is it about the beach that makes people feel like they need to go out for a run. My wife is a runner and I ran well for years but some of the people we are seeing you can tell that shit aint real
I trained a young Navy Lieutenant for Marathons. He was in very good shape.
He could not get the mental aspect. You cannot believe you are tired. Your mind will lie to you for saving something for when the shit hits the fan.
I told him to start running sprints. He thought "running" 10 miles would help him.
I told him not to run every day and run sprints. Try running 5 miles fast!
He'd run 8 miles slow and keep doing it.
He tried a marathon before he was ready. "fell on his face"

Last marathon I raced I won by 22 minutes. I was not into running. I was into winning!
Starts with reprogramming the brain.
An exhausted young man asked why I didn't even look tired, I told him it was simple, He had run for 4 hours, I had only run for 2.
He thought that was weird.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Bill! A running coach is cheap and teaching non-track guys how to run is very helpful! Something to think and plan before camp!

Hey @Yankee Traveler, can you vouch for the fact that even most runners do not know how to run?
Fact.

Stride length, foot placement, heel strike, toe runners, stiff hip movement.
So many runners just try to power through or just dog it out.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I fucking hate running and always have. I never understood how or why people enjoy running but now my 8 year old is totally into it and just won some award at school for running more laps than anybody at school. I hike nearly everyday where I live now but there ain't no running involved.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fucking hate running and always have. I never understood how or why people enjoy running but now my 8 year old is totally into it and just won some award at school for running more laps than anybody at school. I hike nearly everyday where I live now but there ain't no running involved.
I hear you. I hate running anymore too

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish I could run.
Injuries and knees prevent it.
I could not run out of a burning building!
I wish I could run too. November 2019 was my last race, Ragnar Tennessee.

My 8 mile night time run was FANTASTIC. Temps about 20, no wind.
I had a light tee, a long sleeve tee, both "performance material, and a heavy cotton hoodie.
Just about every time I would start to think about the heat of that hoodie a tractor trailer would go by at 70 and the wind would cut right through me and set my body temp right again.
I had my third run the next morning, another 8 - 9 miler that was all uphill or downhill. I literally have not run since.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been able to trot for twenty years.

Now that I'm down 55 lbs. I just walk for two or three miles.

Don't want to chance waking up my heart.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The local talking heads are pretty much convincing themselves that NICK CALEY will be calling the offensive plays. On the other hand, their hedging their bets and are beginning to say out loud that they believe that jOE jUDGE will be named OC.

Plenty of experience in this coaching staff.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mehh at this point seems more like old friends getting together in the offseason. I am not averse to this happening though.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of player evaluation. Have to make plans for each player before you can beging training / teaching.
The more evaluations the better this time of year.

Miami does the opposite. Sart with no idea and then 20 people throw their 2 cents in when they should be refining.....