• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breer said that the most sought after guy when this season ends will be Brian Johnson QB Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles' He will an OIC or HC somewhere in 2023.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrbel may appear good in the eyes of some, but the owners haven't won much with him at the helm. This year has been a disaster. Breer made a good point. He basically said that nthere are a shit ton of defensive coordinators looking for HC jobs and owners are looking for guys that can help their multi-billion dollar quarterbacks be the best that they can be.

Perfect example might be right in Foxboro. Mac Jones lost Josh and Joe Judge took over as QB coach , The team has no OC and Mac took two steps backwards.

You own a five billion dollar NFL franchise in one of the fastest growing areas in the U.S.. The people moving in are not from New England and have little knowledge of Mike Vrabel's past. Like kids and electronic games. They want reults and rewards immediately.
Vrabel has taken a perpetually .500 team and brought it to the playoffs with an 11-5 and 12-5 record in the past two years.
What did Bill O'Brian do?
Not saying Vrabel is the greatest and shouldn't be concerned, but anybody that would replace him with BO'B would be a fool.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying Vrabel is the greatest and shouldn't be concerned, but anybody that would replace him with BO'B would be a fool.
Starting all of the backups and resting Henry against the Cowboys and losing 6 games in a row doesn't bode well.
It's almost as if he's given up and daring the owner to fire him.

I like Vrabel and would love to see him come to th Patriots as the DC and Ass't. HC. Last night was horrible. I went to bed before the second quarter was over.

Vrabel was laughing on the sidelines and when he did the quickie interview at the start of the second quarter, it was as if he was throwing his game decisions in the face of the owner and the fans. That, I didn't like at all.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting all of the backups and resting Henry against the Cowboys and losing 6 games in a row doesn't bode well.

I like Vrabel and would love to see him come to th Patriots as the DC and Ass't. HC. Last night was horrible. I went to bed before the second quarter was over.

Vrabel was laughing on the sidelines and when he did the quickie interview at the start of the second quarter, it was as if he was throwing his game decisions in the face of the owner and the fans. That, I didn't like at all.
And while I can see that perspective, Bill O'Brian is not the answer.
I'm not even sure he's the answer for OC for the Pats.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It was 17-13 in the 3rd quarter. Dobbs had arguably a better game than Dak.
Elliot had 37 yards on 19 carries.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was 17-13 in the 3rd quarter. Dobbs had arguably a better game than Dak.
Elliot had 37 yards on 19 carries.
I was fast asleep, before the half.

The score was 10-3 when I shut it off.

Then again, the Titans still lost. I think the Cowboys let down because they knew that the Titans weren't at full strength.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was fast asleep, before the half.

The score was 10-3 when I shut it off.

Then again, the Titans still lost. I think the Cowboys let down because they knew that the Titans weren't at full strength.
Dak "let down" 2 picks?
Elliott "let down" by averaging 1.9 yards percarry?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vrabel has taken a perpetually .500 team and brought it to the playoffs with an 11-5 and 12-5 record in the past two years.
What did Bill O'Brian do?
100% they showed a stat where his team had the most players on IR in the last few seasons or so and he still had a #1 seed last season. Guy has offered his balls to get a Lombardi , all his guys love him. Obrien has been ehh in his career and notice that Bama's offense hasn't been the same since he went there?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% they showed a stat where his team had the most players on IR in the last few seasons or so and he still had a #1 seed last season. Guy has offered his balls to get a Lombardi , all his guys love him. Obrien has been ehh in his career and notice that Bama's offense hasn't been the same since he went there?
So Brady made O'Brien? Asking for a friend.....

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B O'B admitted as much on his Man in the Arena interview.

Not verbatim, but pretty close to "The job was easy, all I had to do was stay out of Brady's way"

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Tom made Belichick, Arians and would have made McDaniels, Weiss, Mangini, Cremmell, Flores, Judge, Patricia etc if he was their starting QB. BB was a fired Cleveland coach that started 5-13 here in NE and yet to reach success w/o 12, hopefully will

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also Tom made Belichick, Arians and would have made McDaniels, Weiss, Mangini, Cremmell, Flores, Judge, Patricia etc if he was their starting QB. BB was a fired Cleveland coach that started 5-13 here in NE and yet to reach success w/o 12, hopefully will
I've never heard you say that before!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some interesting things........

If the Patriots make the playoffs, they will be at least one week behind everyone else looking for coaches.

Bill O'Brien loves Boston because he has a medical special needs son and the Boston hospitals have been excellent with his son. Problem is that Bill has to act quickly and should have called him already. Saban is already interviewing for his replacement.

Nick Caley is has been doghoused down the ladder and is the Patriots TE coach. He was Josh's ass't. and Josh will most likely call him for the OC position in LV. He'd be the perfect OC, but Bill may have cut that cord.

Jerrod Mayo will not be back unless BB gives him the DC position. Right now, Steve Belichick has pretty mush gotten the job. Another coach who could be in LV as the DC. Mayo wants to get a HC job but doesn't have the resume yet.

The biggest problem is that Bill hates to pay coaches. It's hurt his abiity to get guys like Dan Quinn in the past. IT's also why he tends to keep promoting from within.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If the Patriots make the playoffs, they will be at least one week behind everyone else looking for coaches.

Bill O'Brien loves Boston because he has a medical special needs son and the Boston hospitals have been excellent with his son. Problem is that Bill has to act quickly and should have called him already. Saban is already interviewing for his replacement.

Nick Caley is has been doghoused down the ladder and is the Patriots TE coach. He was Josh's ass't. and Josh will most likely call him for the OC position in LV. He'd be the perfect OC, but Bill may have cut that cord.

Jerrod Mayo will not be back unless BB gives him the DC position. Right now, Steve Belichick has pretty mush gotten the job. Another coach who could be in LV as the DC. Mayo wants to get a HC job but doesn't have the resume yet.

The biggest problem is that Bill hates to pay coaches. It's hurt his abiity to get guys like Dan Quinn in the past. IT's also why he tends to keep promoting from within.
If coaches do not count against the cap space WTH wouldn't he pay them?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If coaches do not count against the cap space WTH wouldn't he pay them?
Great question. No one seems to have an answer. Media types like Breer and Curran have talked to guys who interviewed and either refused a job or were turned out because of salary.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are considerong B O'B. Should we be?
Nick Caley is all but gone. He is upset with not getting the offer of OC. Should he be? He is one of existing offensive coaching team
Jerod Mayo is all but gone. He will get head coaching offers / promises.
Steve Belichick is doing a fine job with the defense coaching team.
Most good coordinators are not looking for a long-time position!
When interviewing, I always ask about long-term goals. Should we consider somebody for 1 year?

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are considerong B O'B. Should we be?
Nick Caley is all but gone. He is upset with not getting the offer of OC. Should he be? He is one of existing offensive coaching team
Jerod Mayo is all but gone. He will get head coaching offers / promises.
Steve Belichick is doing a fine job with the defense coaching team.
Most good coordinators are not looking for a long-time position!
When interviewing, I always ask about long-term goals. Should we consider somebody for 1 year?
Either way the issue with Bill hiring an OC is that our QB will have had three different OCs in three years. People seem to dismiss that as not being significant, but it is. Not only the QB but any guy there on offense the last three years. Repetition and consistency are vital to an NFL offense. BB Screwed the pooch when he hired an OC with Zero exp, NONE! People can be as frustrated as they want with the offense but this came down the arrogance of BB, and now it seems the offense will again face a new system. That is a formula for failure

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I still think Patricia will be the "OC" next year. I don't think Belichick will admit he screwed up and will convince Kraft that the system is new and needs more time to work.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Either way the issue with Bill hiring an OC is that our QB will have had three different OCs in three years. People seem to dismiss that as not being significant, but it is. Not only the QB but any guy there on offense the last three years. Repetition and consistency are vital to an NFL offense. BB Screwed the pooch when he hired an OC with Zero exp, NONE! People can be as frustrated as they want with the offense but this came down the arrogance of BB, and now it seems the offense will again face a new system. That is a formula for failure
Bill O'brien coached Mac in college. The system they used was closer to what Patriots have previously done than what we got this year with Patricia. Getting the new kids back to a real offense will be easier than normal!