• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'brien coached Mac in college. The system they used was closer to what Patriots have previously done than what we got this year with Patricia. Getting the new kids back to a real offense will be easier than normal!
And there is more to coaching than the system.
Communication, chemistry etc.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill O'brien coached Mac in college. The system they used was closer to what Patriots have previously done than what we got this year with Patricia. Getting the new kids back to a real offense will be easier than normal!
That's great for Mac but there are ten other starters out there

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing is, we are two lousy plays(the laterals and Stevenson fumble) from being 10-6. This system is staying. Mac Suh Jones
and Patricia just have to learn how to manage it better.
This.
And also countless passes 5 yards short of a first down.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.
And also countless passes 5 yards short of a first down.
Or the countless slides or go out of bounds short of the sticks. Oh what could've been.

Regardless BB needs to get this team back to the basics of taking care of the ball, playing situational football and fixing the ST blunders.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Buried in an article about the schedule:

to address the media on Thursday, per the team. New England also cancelled video conferences with three assistant coaches, which had been scheduled for Tuesday morning.

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be okay with Kliff

Me too.

I believe it was last season we were playing the Cardinals and Bill and Kliff were gushing over each other and it seemed somewhat genuine and not just typical stroke your opponent kind of shit.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Kliff a try.

Also read this morning the Pats were in negotiations with Mayo to lock him up long term. Didn't mention any title he might be given.

It would be great if they gave him the DC job. Otherwise I think he walks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd give Kliff a try.

Also read this morning the Pats were in negotiations with Mayo to lock him up long term. Didn't mention any title he might be given.

It would be great if they gave him the DC job. Otherwise I think he walks.
Yeah Cleveland has requested an interview for DC if BB is not offering DC I suspect he walks

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots have announced they plan to hire an offensive coordinator for the 2023 season and will begin interviews next week.​

Matt Patricia was never officially hired as offensive coordinator — his official title is "senior football advisor and offensive line coach" — and it now appears he will be unofficially fired. It is unclear if he will remain with the team in a different capacity, but he likely will. The Pats have not announced he is moving on. Defensive-minded Patricia somehow becoming the offensive play-caller was unsurprisingly a fiasco, particularly in the game-day operations department. Patricia literally could not get the plays in on time. He wasn't much better in the play-design department. With Mac Jones now entering a make-or-break third season, the Pats are wisely finally getting serious, though it is probably most likely coach Bill Belichick hires an "old friend" like Bill O'Brien.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Patriots have announced they plan to hire an offensive coordinator for the 2023 season and will begin interviews next week.​

Matt Patricia was never officially hired as offensive coordinator — his official title is "senior football advisor and offensive line coach" — and it now appears he will be unofficially fired. It is unclear if he will remain with the team in a different capacity, but he likely will. The Pats have not announced he is moving on. Defensive-minded Patricia somehow becoming the offensive play-caller was unsurprisingly a fiasco, particularly in the game-day operations department. Patricia literally could not get the plays in on time. He wasn't much better in the play-design department. With Mac Jones now entering a make-or-break third season, the Pats are wisely finally getting serious, though it is probably most likely coach Bill Belichick hires an "old friend" like Bill O'Brien.
I read Kliff Kingsbury and O'Brien were the frontrunners. Either way it's better for Mac and the offense. Still sucks he's had three OC's in three years IMO

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are working furiously to keep Jerrod Mayo.

Mayo has declined to interview for the Browns DC position.

Carolina Panthers will interview Mayo for the Head Coach position.

What can the Patriots offer that's equal to or better than the HC of CP??

Shitload of speculation and guessing going on. One thing is known. Patriots have offered the extension and Mayo is talking to someoine.

Is that someone BB? Johnathan Kraft? Robert Kraft.

Possible offers?

Ass't HC with promise of the job when BB leaves?
Ass't HC/GM with same promise as above?
Ass't HC and DC with promise of above?
Ass't HC, GM and DC?

Whstever is offered has to be equal or better than what the Panthers can offer.

Got to be some scrambling because Mayo intends to interview with the Panthers this week. Odds are 80/20 that the Panthers will offer him the job.