• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All rumors aside.

Offensive Coordinator:

Bill O'Brien has a successful tenure here as an assistant and as the OC before going to Houston.

Bill Belichick likes having guys around him that make him comfortable and can do the job. O'Brien would like to come to Foxboro because he has a special needs son who needs very special medical supervision. He found those people in Houston and his family has stayed there while he has coached at Alabama. The team at Brigham and Women's in Boston have actually consulted with the Houston medical team since O'Brien left.

For Bill O'Brien, it's the perfect job. For Bill Belichick, it's the perfect choice.

Defensive Coordinator:

Jerrod Mayo turned down the Cleveland DC position and interview when BB (or Kraft) extended his contract. The shock is that he turned down the interview for the Panthers' HC position. WHY?? Who promised him what??

Mayo has publicly stated that he wants to be a HC. Kraft has to be in on this. We all know BB has never stood in the way of anyone interviewing and/or taking a better position. The Panthers recently fired HC had never coached in the NFL and was given a $12M a year contract. Mayo would be the perfect minority, qualified and capable Head Coach. WTF is really going on in Foxboro? There are a million scenarios and only the Krafts, BB and Jerrod Mayo know.

BB is what, 19 wins from tying Don Shula's coaching record? Did Kraft give BB a drop dead two year window? Did they agree that BB will step aside when he gets the record? BB is 71 and will be 72 when the season starts. Was there an agreement that BB will retire or leave in two or three years? Mayo is 36. How long is he willing to wait? Is he willing to just stay in the background? Steve Belichick has been calling the plays but Mayo actually schedules and runs the defense for all practices and both have minor titles.

If Mayo is willing to wait because he's been guaranteed the GM/HC position, will he be the GM now? Will he be the Assistant GM/HC will equal power to Bills now??

This mess has everyone from the fans to the media to the rest of the NFL wondering the same questions.

You’re consistent with your belief that Kraft thinks BB is a worthless piece of shit. I’ll give you that.

That said, the GOAT will decide when he’s going to retire. Nobody else. If Bill decides to stay til he’s 80 and leave Shula’s record in the dust then that’s what he’ll do. There’s no reason to believe that we are not one OC move away from contenders again especially when you consider our cap position.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is this so hard to grasp for so many people?
why do people keep responding to ken hes the only one saying this nonsense:suds:

as for obrien

The former Houston Texans head coach confirmed the lack of communication with the Patriots in a news conference Wednesday prior to Alabama’s Sugar Bowl matchup against Kansas State this Saturday. These were the coach’s first public comments since August as head coach Nick Saban traditionally does not allow his staff to conduct in-season interviews.

NESN 360 in-article asset
“The focus for me and this coaching staff and for these players has really been on these games that we’re playing — this game coming up, the games that we played this year, the games that we played last year,” O’Brien told reporters, per video from Nick Kelly of The Tuscaloosa News. “I think those things, almost every year that I’ve been in coaching — at least over the last 12 years for me — have come up a lot. And those are things that are addressed after the season. We are very focused on this game. We’ve been focused on every game that we’ve played here this year and last year.

“Like I said, it’s kind of that time of the year when things come up and things pop up. I haven’t spoken to anybody in New England since probably last April when I went by and saw those guys when I was up there. I wish them well in however many games they have left. We’re very focused on this game and focused on coaching this team to the best of our ability.”

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why do people keep responding to ken hes the only one saying this nonsense:suds:

as for obrien

The former Houston Texans head coach confirmed the lack of communication with the Patriots in a news conference Wednesday prior to Alabama’s Sugar Bowl matchup against Kansas State this Saturday. These were the coach’s first public comments since August as head coach Nick Saban traditionally does not allow his staff to conduct in-season interviews.

NESN 360 in-article asset
“The focus for me and this coaching staff and for these players has really been on these games that we’re playing — this game coming up, the games that we played this year, the games that we played last year,” O’Brien told reporters, per video from Nick Kelly of The Tuscaloosa News. “I think those things, almost every year that I’ve been in coaching — at least over the last 12 years for me — have come up a lot. And those are things that are addressed after the season. We are very focused on this game. We’ve been focused on every game that we’ve played here this year and last year.

“Like I said, it’s kind of that time of the year when things come up and things pop up. I haven’t spoken to anybody in New England since probably last April when I went by and saw those guys when I was up there. I wish them well in however many games they have left. We’re very focused on this game and focused on coaching this team to the best of our ability.”
Old news.
There are plenty of new reports that keep saying the same thing. No news.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree we assume some or conject wishful thinking. Most of us are anxious for a replacement and worried BB may not move fast enough so we think out loud. I for one hope there is a new OC named this or next week. BB may also be looking at someone who is still and the playoff race and cannot be contacted.

We all assumed O'Brien because of the history and what the media is spewing. We talked about Kliff because of what the media is speculating. We all have to wait until we get actual word of a signing. In the end BB has done a lot of odd things over the years no reason to think he won't this time.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To a degree we assume some or conject wishful thinking. Most of us are anxious for a replacement and worried BB may not move fast enough so we think out loud. I for one hope there is a new OC named this or next week. BB may also be looking at someone who is still and the playoff race and cannot be contacted.

We all assumed O'Brien because of the history and what the media is spewing. We talked about Kliff because of what the media is speculating. We all have to wait until we get actual word of a signing. In the end BB has done a lot of odd things over the years no reason to think he won't this time.
I stop short of anxiety since it's a situation I can't control. But yes I'd like a reasonable resolution sooner than later and prefer not to think of a scenario that seems like last year, aka, just blowing in the wind.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stop short of anxiety since it's a situation I can't control. But yes I'd like a reasonable resolution sooner than later and prefer not to think of a scenario that seems like last year, aka, just blowing in the wind.
Only in America do we stand in front of the microwave and stop our feet!

tenor (6).gif

Carnzo

Go Pats!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in...............

In my best Sgt Shultz.
I know know nothing!

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to discuss real potential OCs the first thing you have to look at is how many teams are looking for one.
According to PFF, eight or nine teams are looking to change their OCs.

If that's true, then the most sought after men will have tremendous advantages dealing with those teams.

They will demand that they, not the GM, not the HC will pick their staff. OL Coach, QB Coach, RB Coach, WR Coach, TE Coach and they may not want anyone on the present staff. They will also want input as to the acquisition of FA and who is drafted on the offense.

This is the way things are going to swing and that's going to be very tough for any GM or HC to deal with. Just a fact of life.

Pff thinks that the two most probable OCs for the NE Patriots are:

1. Bill O'Brien
2. Doug Marrone

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to discuss real potential OCs the first thing you have to look at is how many teams are looking for one.
According to PFF, eight or nine teams are looking to change their OCs.

If that's true, then the most sought after men will have tremendous advantages dealing with those teams.

They will demand that they, not the GM, not the HC will pick their staff. OL Coach, QB Coach, RB Coach, WR Coach, TE Coach and they may not want anyone on the present staff. They will also want input as to the acquisition of FA and who is drafted on the offense.

This is the way things are going to swing and that's going to be very tough for any GM or HC to deal with. Just a fact of life.

Pff thinks that the two most probable OCs for the NE Patriots are:

1. Bill O'Brien
2. Doug Marrone
Isn't Marrone an O Line coach? O'Brien as OC and they pay Marrone for his O Line services makes sense to me. Put Patricia on the food service line

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Marrone an O Line coach? O'Brien as OC and they pay Marrone for his O Line services makes sense to me. Put Patricia on the food service line
yes for the saints:suds:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It has been widely reported (spewed) that Bill O'brien contract ended after Sugarbowl - not true!
His contract runs to Feb 28th. B O'B has been out recruiting for Alabama.
That makes me squirm, thinking about waiting until end of next month.....

sharkymcwrath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm confused about Caley. If he's a good candidate why wasn't he promoted last year instead of going with the train wreck?
He was actually demoted. Josh had him working with the QBs and the TEs grooming him. When Bill brought back Patricia and Judge, Caley got pushed aside and was pissed. He didn't say anything and let Patricia do his OC thing and shove the TEs into the back seat, like forgotten children.
Odd thing was that Bill didn't say anything to Patricia. If he did, it was ignored.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are four candidates as of yesterday:

1. O'Brien
2. Caley
3. McCardell
4. Adrian Klemm

Yep, BB's first ever Patriots' draft pick, Adrian Klemm will interview. He had a one year stinit with the Steelers as their OL Coach, something happened and he quit. He went to the Un. of Hawaii and then to Oregon, where he is now the Ass't HC, Run Game Coordinator and O Line Coach.

Kraft told Bill to interview immediately, and BB is pushing the envelope. Every one of these guys has played for or served under BB previously.

Another thought. BB has never allowed a coach who was a player to call plays in games.

Is BB doing this to see how far he can push Kraft into a corner?

Question? Why isn't BB looking at teams that have given his defense the most trouble with their offensive game and called one of their assistants for an interview?

As previously stated in here, O'Brien's contract is not up until Feb. 28. Saban has already interviewed and probably made an offer to his next OC. He'd most likely let OB go, but right now, OB is out recruiting for Alabama. I'd think that trying to sell the U of A might be a bit tough if you're not going to be coaching there next year.

IMO, O'Brien appears to be the only one of the four who has done anything close to what the Patriots' need.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are four candidates as of yesterday:

1. O'Brien
2. Caley
3. McCardell
4. Adrian Klemm

Yep, BB's first ever Patriots' draft pick, Adrian Klemm will interview. He had a one year stinit with the Steelers as their OL Coach, something happened and he quit. He went to the Un. of Hawaii and then to Oregon, where he is now the Ass't HC, Run Game Coordinator and O Line Coach.

Kraft told Bill to interview immediately, and BB is pushing the envelope. Every one of these guys has played for or served under BB previously.

Another thought. BB has never allowed a coach who was a player to call plays in games.

Is BB doing this to see how far he can push Kraft into a corner?

Question? Why isn't BB looking at teams that have given his defense the most trouble with their offensive game and called one of their assistants for an interview?

As previously stated in here, O'Brien's contract is not up until Feb. 28. Saban has already interviewed and probably made an offer to his next OC. He'd most likely let OB go, but right now, OB is out recruiting for Alabama. I'd think that trying to sell the U of A might be a bit tough if you're not going to be coaching there next year.

IMO, O'Brien appears to be the only one of the four who has done anything close to what the Patriots' need.
Again we really do not know what BB is or is not doing. The aforementioned 4 candidates are media projections not known candidates. We are still very early in all of this and none of us need assume what the media is telling is gospel, in fact I would tend to ignore most of that.