• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wake Up Bill. Time to Hire Some help

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patriots are working <removed furiously> to keep Jerrod Mayo.

Mayo has declined to interview for the Browns DC position <since it's the Browns?>.

Carolina Panthers will interview Mayo for the Head Coach position <, though could be a rooney rule interview>.

What can the Patriots offer that's equal to or better than the HC of CP <if the line above is incorrect>??

< this line is too obvious to be needed -Shitload of speculation and guessing going on. > One thing is known. <is it actually known?>Patriots have offered the extension and Mayo is talking to someoine.

Is that someone BB? Johnathan Kraft? Robert Kraft.

Possible offers?

Ass't HC with promise of the job when BB leaves?
Ass't HC/GM with same promise as above?
Ass't HC and DC with promise of above?
Ass't HC, GM and DC?

< this speculation is uneccessary - Whstever is offered has to be equal or better than what the Panthers can offer.>

Got to be some scrambling because Mayo intends to interview with the Panthers this week. < Vegas set these odds? or just made up?>Odds are 80/20 that the Panthers will offer him the job.
As always, I feel the need to edit to remove some of the overly dramatic emphasis

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Perry says that Kraft and BB met Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of last week before anything was even said.

Perry says that Kraft ordered BB to get the OC interviews done immediately and to keep Mayo on the staff. No ifs, ands or buts. Too much snow at the top of Patriot Mountain. Kraft isn't stupid. (Please don't ask me to explain. If you don't get it, it's on you.) Kraft does not want hitrings or appointments to drag into spring or worse into mini camps. He wants things done now.

Perry thinks all of this amenable sharing of ideas is BS and the Kraft demands sound more like Johnathan talking though his father.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Mayo and how these new things will be announced. Will it be Kraft and BB arm in arm or will it be the Krafts and Bill not there. Or will it be BB making the announcements like it was back in 2005? "I" think those announcements will be very telling of the relationship between BB and RK.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phil Perry says that Kraft and BB met Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of last week before anything was even said.

Perry says that Kraft ordered BB to get the OC interviews done immediately and to keep Mayo on the staff. No ifs, ands or buts. Too much snow at the top of Patriot Mountain. Kraft isn't stupid. (Please don't ask me to explain. If you don't get it, it's on you.) Kraft does not want hitrings or appointments to drag into spring or worse into mini camps. He wants things done now.

Perry thinks all of this amenable sharing of ideas is BS and the Kraft demands sound more like Johnathan talking though his father.

I'm waiting to see what happens with Mayo and how these new things will be announced. Will it be Kraft and BB arm in arm or will it be the Krafts and Bill not there. Or will it be BB making the announcements like it was back in 2005? "I" think those announcements will be very telling of the relationship between BB and RK.
You forgot to mention who got fired for providing Phil Perry such detailed information.

Was it Kraft? I doubt it, good leaders keep "forced actions" in-house. Was it BB? We know he's well known for his loose lips. Was Phil Perry invited as part of "an Office like documentary"? Was there a hidden mic? My two bets are either someone close and they got fired or this is bs speculation.

cheerupcharlie

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who the heck knows what was said.... I'm sure it was Bill telling everyone.. that's his thing... he likes to open up to the world. Those reporters know shit.

This Gaylord Perry reporter dude was probably dressed as a server with the "old hidden microphone trick" sticking out of his collar in a flower and kept stopping at the the table to refill their water glasses...leaning way over the table so he could hear better.

Last edited:

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You forgot to mention who got fired for providing Phil Perry such detailed information.

Was it Kraft? I doubt it, good leaders keep "forced actions" in-house. Was it BB? We know he's well known for his loose lips. Was Phil Perry invited as part of "an Office like documentary"? Was there a hidden mic? My two bets are either someone close and they got fired or this is bs speculation.
I'm going with the bullshit!

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like BK but I don't agree in ay way shape or form that Kraft talks down to him.
I like BK too. He gives a lot of discussion fodder. I wish he's appreciate my point of view more and be less contentious about my feedback... but it is what it is.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let be clear about one thing. There are two maybe three people in the entire world that know what Kraft and BB discuss behind closed doors that would Kraft, BB and maybe Johnathan Krafy. No one else.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So RUMORS are Kliff K is on a one way trip to Thialand how people know it's a one way trip is beyond me. What they are saying is he is not interested in interviewing, how they could know that I have no idea. Pretty sure he could Skype, or Teams in interview if that needed to be the case. Would like to someone named this week, someone with experience would be nice.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All rumors aside.

Offensive Coordinator:

Bill O'Brien has a successful tenure here as an assistant and as the OC before going to Houston.

Bill Belichick likes having guys around him that make him comfortable and can do the job. O'Brien would like to come to Foxboro because he has a special needs son who needs very special medical supervision. He found those people in Houston and his family has stayed there while he has coached at Alabama. The team at Brigham and Women's in Boston have actually consulted with the Houston medical team since O'Brien left.

For Bill O'Brien, it's the perfect job. For Bill Belichick, it's the perfect choice.

Defensive Coordinator:

Jerrod Mayo turned down the Cleveland DC position and interview when BB (or Kraft) extended his contract. The shock is that he turned down the interview for the Panthers' HC position. WHY?? Who promised him what??

Mayo has publicly stated that he wants to be a HC. Kraft has to be in on this. We all know BB has never stood in the way of anyone interviewing and/or taking a better position. The Panthers recently fired HC had never coached in the NFL and was given a $12M a year contract. Mayo would be the perfect minority, qualified and capable Head Coach. WTF is really going on in Foxboro? There are a million scenarios and only the Krafts, BB and Jerrod Mayo know.

BB is what, 19 wins from tying Don Shula's coaching record? Did Kraft give BB a drop dead two year window? Did they agree that BB will step aside when he gets the record? BB is 71 and will be 72 when the season starts. Was there an agreement that BB will retire or leave in two or three years? Mayo is 36. How long is he willing to wait? Is he willing to just stay in the background? Steve Belichick has been calling the plays but Mayo actually schedules and runs the defense for all practices and both have minor titles.

If Mayo is willing to wait because he's been guaranteed the GM/HC position, will he be the GM now? Will he be the Assistant GM/HC will equal power to Bills now??

This mess has everyone from the fans to the media to the rest of the NFL wondering the same questions.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All rumors aside.

Offensive Coordinator:

Bill O'Brien has a successful tenure here as an assistant and as the OC before going to Houston.

Bill Belichick likes having guys around him that make him comfortable and can do the job. O'Brien would like to come to Foxboro because he has a special needs son who needs very special medical supervision. He found those people in Houston and his family has stayed there while he has coached at Alabama. The team at Brigham and Women's in Boston have actually consulted with the Houston medical team since O'Brien left.

For Bill O'Brien, it's the perfect job. For Bill Belichick, it's the perfect choice.

Defensive Coordinator:

Jerrod Mayo turned down the Cleveland DC position and interview when BB (or Kraft) extended his contract. The shock is that he turned down the interview for the Panthers' HC position. WHY?? Who promised him what??

Mayo has publicly stated that he wants to be a HC. Kraft has to be in on this. We all know BB has never stood in the way of anyone interviewing and/or taking a better position. The Panthers recently fired HC had never coached in the NFL and was given a $12M a year contract. Mayo would be the perfect minority, qualified and capable Head Coach. WTF is really going on in Foxboro? There are a million scenarios and only the Krafts, BB and Jerrod Mayo know.

BB is what, 19 wins from tying Don Shula's coaching record? Did Kraft give BB a drop dead two year window? Did they agree that BB will step aside when he gets the record? BB is 71 and will be 72 when the season starts. Was there an agreement that BB will retire or leave in two or three years? Mayo is 36. How long is he willing to wait? Is he willing to just stay in the background? Steve Belichick has been calling the plays but Mayo actually schedules and runs the defense for all practices and both have minor titles.

If Mayo is willing to wait because he's been guaranteed the GM/HC position, will he be the GM now? Will he be the Assistant GM/HC will equal power to Bills now??

This mess has everyone from the fans to the media to the rest of the NFL wondering the same questions.
We cannot know that O'Brien wants to come here, or want to coach with BB again. There are medical facilities in every major city so not sure that is a real incentive.,

As for Mayo. This is interesting not sure why anyone thinks he is HC material, not sure if he did turn down HC interviews I have not seen that anywhere, not sure why he would turn them down. The Pats are loyal to no one you get the call you should take it.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We cannot know that O'Brien wants to come here, or want to coach with BB again. There are medical facilities in every major city so not sure that is a real incentive.,

As for Mayo. This is interesting not sure why anyone thinks he is HC material, not sure if he did turn down HC interviews I have not seen that anywhere, not sure why he would turn them down. The Pats are loyal to no one you get the call you should take it.
Mayo did decline to interview for the Panthers HC position.

A possible scenario is he did not feel it was a good win/win situation with his level of experience.
Why would he want to go into a job with a high likelihood of failure and resulting termination just to tarnish his brand?

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay let be clear about one thing. There are two maybe three people in the entire world that know what Kraft and BB discuss behind closed doors that would Kraft, BB and maybe Johnathan Krafy. No one else.
Why is this so hard to grasp for so many people?