• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wade: Lebron will never pass MJ

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They expected Mo Williams to fill that role and Kyle Lowry was a malcontent during that time period.

I think it all went wrong for the Cavs when they brought Shaq in.

Shaq led to Jamison, instead of Amare.

Now, that's actually a good thing now that we know Stodemire was a lemon.

But, at the time, he had no desire to play with Shaq after their time together in the VAlley of the Sun.

****Off topic Alert ******

On our last board, we actually had a Cavs can who insisted that Jamison was a HOFer...he was dead serious!

******back on topic *******

I don't think Lebron would have a ring if he stayed in Ohio.

They would have never sucks enough to get those #1 picks and those guys you mentioned would not have gotten him over the hump.
Yea I remember that Jamison will be a HOFer debate. Didn't that last like over a few days?? :crazy:

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, every now and again you get lucky and a guy like David West is willing to play clemEntines to chase a ring.

But, that's the exception, not the rule.

Usually, you fill the roster with journeyman, cast offs, has beens, minimum salary guys and draft picks.

After signing your big 3, there usually isn't much money left for anything else.

That should read " play for peanuts" to chase a ring.

Maybe I was stroking out when I typed that.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That should read " play for peanuts" to chase a ring.

Maybe I was stroking out when I typed that.

Well, I'm sure David West would be willing to play clementines for a ring.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? Either you're completely ignorant, or you just see what you want to see. Two names that spring to mind are @WiggyRuss and @lebron23james

In fact, ask pretty much any cavs fan...

Wiggy does not think LeBron is better than Jordan.

The other poster you mentioned probably does, but I have not seen him on this thread. So who are you arguing with?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Is that why in their first year together LBJ, Kyrie AND Love made it all the way to the Finals?

Listen, I don't disagree about LBJ and his talents. I but I do disagree that Kyrie & Love weren't developed players when they teamed up. Love had been in the league since the 08-09 season and Kyrie since 11-12 season. They were developed. Maybe you could argue they hadn't been challenged to elevate their game to playoff levels, but please don't say they weren't developed as basketball players.

There is a huge difference between being a developed player and being battle tested in the playoffs. Neither player was, and that matters a lot.

Last year the Cavs got to the Finals for 2 reasons:

1) LeBron
2) the east sucked

This year they were healthy and actually had the experience that made them more ready for GS

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You failed to answer the question. I'll post it again as it must be a slow day for you:

You're ruling out the #1 team in the East couldn't have attracted ONE top free agent with a player like lebron there?
LeBron James Admits He Failed At Recruiting In First Stint With Cavs

During his last few seasons, LeBron James has been the best recruiter in all the NBA. However, it didn’t start that way for the King. When he was a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers (the first time), LeBron James admitted toESPN’s Dave McMenamin that he failed at recruiting numerous times.

LeBron said during his first stint in CLE, he failed recruiting Michael Redd, Joe Johnson & Chris Bosh. Larry Hughes was the one guy he got.

LeBron was also quite open on recruiting: "I recruited (before) I left here, but I just didn’t win nothing so nobody wanted to play with me"

Ultimately, LeBron James’ inability to recruit players to join him in Cleveland was the reason that also drove him to Miami. He was an unproven commodity while in Cleveland, and not many were willing to sacrifice so much to join a player that had not proved anything in the NBA. He went to Miami, joined a winner (in Dwyane Wade) and gained his own winning pedigree.

Now, LeBron James is recruiting anyone he wants – including himself back to Cleveland. He got Kevin Love to agree to go with him back, who had previously said he wanted nothing to do with Cleveland.

It’s amazing what a little winning can do to a player’s reputation. LeBron James is now the best recruiter in sports. All it took was a little winning.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiggy does not think LeBron is better than Jordan.

The other poster you mentioned probably does, but I have not seen him on this thread. So who are you arguing with?

Ask him and prepare to laugh...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

During his last few seasons, LeBron James has been the best recruiter in all the NBA. However, it didn’t start that way for the King. When he was a member of the Cleveland Cavaliers (the first time), LeBron James admitted toESPN’s Dave McMenamin that he failed at recruiting numerous times.

LeBron said during his first stint in CLE, he failed recruiting Michael Redd, Joe Johnson & Chris Bosh. Larry Hughes was the one guy he got.

LeBron was also quite open on recruiting: "I recruited (before) I left here, but I just didn’t win nothing so nobody wanted to play with me"

Ultimately, LeBron James’ inability to recruit players to join him in Cleveland was the reason that also drove him to Miami. He was an unproven commodity while in Cleveland, and not many were willing to sacrifice so much to join a player that had not proved anything in the NBA. He went to Miami, joined a winner (in Dwyane Wade) and gained his own winning pedigree.

Now, LeBron James is recruiting anyone he wants – including himself back to Cleveland. He got Kevin Love to agree to go with him back, who had previously said he wanted nothing to do with Cleveland.

It’s amazing what a little winning can do to a player’s reputation. LeBron James is now the best recruiter in sports. All it took was a little winning.

So basically he gave up after a season or two of recruiting. Got it.

#WhenTheGoingGetsTough

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So basically he gave up after a season or two of recruiting. Got it.

#WhenTheGoingGetsTough

Yep.

Decided that since he couldn't bring the gang to Cleveland, he'd join the one in Miami.

Let's be honest here.

Young Millionaires sign in Cleveland to play with Lebron.

That's where that destinations lure begins and ends.

Miami?

Wade, Riley, umbrella drinks and butt naked freaks.

Much easier to sell to a guy like Bosh.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey If anyone is interested - I started a second nba fantasy league and need ten more players for it - send me a pm if you're interested

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, well look at that......

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

Decided that since he couldn't bring the gang to Cleveland, he'd join the one in Miami.

Let's be honest here.

Young Millionaires sign in Cleveland to play with Lebron.

That's where that destinations lure begins and ends.

Miami?

Wade, Riley, umbrella drinks and butt naked freaks.

Much easier to sell to a guy like Bosh.

He seems like he could get guys there but they were just role player types. At the time he was recruiting he was still young, a star but he wasn't an accomplished star. Kinda hard to recruit stars to Cleveland in general. it definitely wasn't a problem recruiting role players lol

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Is that why in their first year together LBJ, Kyrie AND Love made it all the way to the Finals?

Listen, I don't disagree about LBJ and his talents. I but I do disagree that Kyrie & Love weren't developed players when they teamed up. Love had been in the league since the 08-09 season and Kyrie since 11-12 season. They were developed. Maybe you could argue they hadn't been challenged to elevate their game to playoff levels, but please don't say they weren't developed as basketball players.

With these comments you are pretty much telling everyone why Lebron IS so great lol. Yes, Lebron made it to the Finals with no Love and a hobbled Kyrie in his first year, they were together in the regular season. Then he won 2 games in the Finals, by himself. He is that great.

Remember, Lebron took a team full of scrubs to the Finals. You can only carry a team so far. I guess you forget Love was injured in the playoff and Kyrie was nowhere near 100% and the East wasn't as strong as most years 2 years ago. Kyrie and Love had zero playoff experience and until this year Love basically had no playoff experience, that makes a huge difference, the playoffs is a different battle.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like he could get guys there but they were just role player types. At the time he was recruiting he was still young, a star but he wasn't an accomplished star. Kinda hard to recruit stars to Cleveland in general. it definitely wasn't a problem recruiting role players lol

Yeah, I remember when you got Hughes.

He had upside. But, his shooting never developed.

I wish Wagner wouldn't have gotten sick/injured.

It would have been fun watching him run with Bron.

Sadly, he never got the chance.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with this, but I'm not sure i understand the difference between recruiting then and now? He was still the best player (talent) in the NBA at that time. Even with "role players" he got to the Finals way before MJ did. How many role players did MJ have?