• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: W2: Now the Drive begins. @ San Franscisco 4:05/1:05 Fox/CTV

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks need to draft a QB and a stud DT in the first round! They need someone to be a take over type player in the middle of that Dline to run a 3-4. Would love to find a combo of Tez and Adams style players LMAO! Thats what a 3-4 needs. Also wtf is up with our Linebackers!?!?! Might need a couple of those also lmao. Brooks and Barton both got 11 tackles but why are they always 6 to 8 yards down field before they tackle someone!

I loved Poona Ford in the 4-3 but he has been almost invisible as a 3-4 DT, COME ON POONA! lol He is to small to play as a 3-4 DT :(

The Hawks run a Hybrid of a 3-4 more like a bear front ( the linebacker positioning is slightly different )but still it's a 3-4 concept as they almost always drop at least one.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrS

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Woolen is just oozing superstar, all he has to do is put it all together. That was a unreal block he had, he is so quick and LONG! People don't normally block a Kick from the 2 yard line, just goes to show you how quick he is to even get close enough on a chip shot Kick.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Best thing that could have happened for this 49er team. It sucks to say that as i feel bad for Trey but Jimmy G is a better QB than he is and it really is not close. Issue is how long will Jimmy G last before he is hurt?

Also Lance is out for the season do they try and do the SAME THING next year?? They can't can they? Did they see anything that made them believe Lance can be a successful STARTING QB in the NFL? An athletic QB sure no doubt but successful? nah i am not sure about that.

I would take him over Geno but thats not saying much haha as i would take a LOT if not every single starter in the NFL over Geno.

Lance has played 3 games and this was his 1st season being the unquestioned starter. I don't see how anyone can form any conclusions on him good or bad.

I'm bullish on his prospects but I can't tell you for sure if he's going to be a star. There's a lot to like about him and there are things that concern you and hope he can iron out with reps and hard work.

Some QBs can be like Mahomes and explode out of the gate in year 2 or some are like Allen who might need some time and work before they really hit their stride. Lance's path is closer to Allen so if he does become a star it's probably going take a couple years of growing pains and taking lumps which unfortunately he completely lost a year because of the ankle.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we knew sooner or later this would happen in losing a game due to the offense not moving the ball. It didnt help turning the ball over 3x by half time with the Geno INT, Dallas INT (which was terrible) and the botched punt return. I am pretty disappointed that we couldn't get our run game going this is now 2 weeks in a row.

I am not a fan of Lance he kind of reminds me of a poor mans Kaepernick I think we had a better chance at winning that game if he was still playing. I know as soon as I saw Jimmy G go out there with a smile on his face looking relaxed I knew it was over and now the 49ers are legit a threat to get back to the super bowl. I know Jimmy G isn't Josh Allen and is not the guy you want trying to throw for 400 yards in a shoot out but he is a great QB to have in a system where all the pieces are in place to drive the offense and minimize turnovers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll start off by saying this, do not blame that game on the defense, okay? I don't care, who you play, whether it's a High School Team, a Junior College team, a College Team, much less an NFL team.... when you turn the ball over 3 times, 2 interceptions, 1 in the endzone, you ain't gonna beat anybody I just talked about. And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game, we gave it away. We gave em' the freakin' game. In my opinion that sucked. Holy crap I don't know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. 3 turnovers.... playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs, you kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the good news is I only had red zone coverage of the game here in north Texas since it was at the same time as Dallas, and they didn't show it much at all. I probably would have switched to the Mariners game if I didn't have guests over for football, but they sucked too. We sort of in jest talked about the Denver game like it was our SB, and that's about my only takeaway from what little I saw of yesterday's debacle. It's likely all downhill from here, and maybe the next big thing for this season is the point where Lock gets his shot.

You gotta feel for Trey Lance....but I couldn't help but think this is the best thing that could have happened to the niners. Jimmy G is the far superior player, and now SF gets to have him as the starter the rest of the way without having to yank the youngster. It wouldn't shock me at all if Lance never ends up being the week 1 starter for that team again.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have a good D and I think yesterday showed what happens when you have league average QB facing off against a quality defense.

The defense looks porous as well. Especially early on when the game was close. The team still looks like a 7-9 win team for me but I'm leaning more towards 7 wins now.

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I'll start off by saying this, do not blame that game on the defense, okay? I don't care, who you play, whether it's a High School Team, a Junior College team, a College Team, much less an NFL team.... when you turn the ball over 3 times, 2 interceptions, 1 in the endzone, you ain't gonna beat anybody I just talked about. And that was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that game, we gave it away. We gave em' the freakin' game. In my opinion that sucked. Holy crap I don't know who the hell we think we are when we do something like that. 3 turnovers.... playoffs? Don't talk about playoffs, you kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game! Another game!

This...diatribe seems vaguely familiar...hmmmm

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners have a good D and I think yesterday showed what happens when you have league average QB facing off against a quality defense.

The defense looks porous as well. Especially early on when the game was close. The team still looks like a 7-9 win team for me but I'm leaning more towards 7 wins now.

I think we win 3 or 4…. The league is also enforcing the no contract rule and that’s gonna hurt our young secondary, tick tack PI calls are back in full force … NFL pissed me off because it wants more offense and it’s gonna punish defesne to get it … No contact rule is bad for the game..

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we win 3 or 4…. The league is also enforcing the no contract rule and that’s gonna hurt our young secondary, tick tack PI calls are back in full force … NFL pissed me off because it wants more offense and it’s gonna punish defesne to get it … No contact rule is bad for the game..

3 or 4 seems pretty unlikely.

The next 4 games are the Falcons, Lions, New Orleans, and Arizona. We will probably get 2 wins from that batch. Maybe 3.

The Giatns, Jets, Carolina and Arizona again likely will result in 2 or 3 more wins. And then we will sneak a win against a better team most likely.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You think Geno is "league average" :eek:?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The next 4 games are the Falcons, Lions, New Orleans, and Arizona. We will probably get 2 wins from that batch. Maybe 3.

The Giatns, Jets, Carolina and Arizona again likely will result in 2 or 3 more wins. And then we will sneak a win against a better team most likely.
this makes sense
but then they do things like let a 5'8 RB throw in the redzone and you begin to wonder if they arent intentionally tanking.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

League average isn't a compliment. League average QBs lose more than they win.

Is Geno notably worse that Mayfield or Winston or Goff or Mariota or Danny Dimes or Wentz or Brisset or Trubisky or Ryan or Mills? If you think he is worse than all of them that's fine. I'm not really trying to defend him.

You either have a really good QB or you have a league average QB and you are going nowhere.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would think so if you name your top 15 starting QBs I would put Geno maybe 19th so just a tad bit below average ish

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes sense
but then they do things like let a 5'8 RB throw in the redzone and you begin to wonder if they arent intentionally tanking.

No chance.

Teams that go 2-15 or 3-14 are teams that usually have new coaches the next year.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this makes sense

That was god awful I think the game was pretty much over as soon as that happened.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geno can do some good things, he can be accurate and he has a nice deep ball. but when you need him to make a play, he wont rise to the challenge.

No chance.

Teams that go 2-15 or 3-14 are teams that usually have new coaches the next year.
I think Pete is going to finish out his contract regardless.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
geno can do some good things, he can be accurate and he has a nice deep ball. but when you need him to make a play, he wont rise to the challenge.

Agreed. He's never going to lead a team to wins. But he can avoid leading them to losses occasionally.

I think Pete is going to finish out his contract regardless.

Maybe. A lot will depend on what sort of agreement he and Jody have. If he gave her assurances that they will be competitive this year and back int he playoffs, then a 2 or 3 win season will be a bad look. If he said to here that this season will be a down year then maybe he will be ok.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don’t think so, Giants playing well, AZ just got a huge emotional boost, Jets Carolina is a push, we might get 1 outta those 4 … This year we’re a team that’s gonna be hard pressed to make any comebacks, we lost one of our best defender’s, secondary is young, LB core also.. It’s most likely gonna be a long season of disappointment… I’m just hoping like hell Pete doesn’t do something stupid and trade a top pick for a player, just accept this year as a loss and keep rebuilding with young drafted talent !

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
League average isn't a compliment. League average QBs lose more than they win.

Is Geno notably worse that Mayfield or Winston or Goff or Mariota or Danny Dimes or Wentz or Brisset or Trubisky or Ryan or Mills? If you think he is worse than all of them that's fine. I'm not really trying to defend him.

You either have a really good QB or you have a league average QB and you are going nowhere.
I guess I take your point, but I would rather have each and every one of those guys as our starter over Geno (some for different reasons... Ryan might be cooked, but if he's not, he's definitely better. Trubisky, Mills & Jones all still have the potential to be better than they currently are, and are generally at least as good as Geno now. The rest are just better than Geno, but with limited upside).

In my head, Geno is a low end backup and has no business starting. The only reason he wasn't panned for his week 1 performance was a few should have been turnovers that weren't and the fact that we won, in-spite of him.