• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VS. Green Bay

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok! We all know about the Eagle game. Chip Kelly's offense, our defensive woes, RGIII and the offense looking bad, the loss, etc. We get it! Now, we need to discuss the upcoming opponent, which is the Packers. I'm not trying to jinx us, but I believe we have a much stronger possibility of winning at Lambeau. Here's why..... The first thing is the defense does not have to face an unknown element, which was Chip Kelly's high-tempo offense. I believe RGIII will use the momentum of the 2nd half of the last game to play a phenomenal overall game against the Packers' defense. I saw Kaepernick go up and down the field against them. Not to mention, their defense is not very stout vs. the run.

I believe the gameplan will switch up in the passing attack. I believe RGIII will be asked to throw from the pocket a little more, as he did in the 2nd half of the Eagles game. Of course, he'll be asked to use the read-option, but not as much. I would say that I'm worried about the pass-rush of Clay Matthews, but I believe Trent Williams will handle him. Pass-rush by committee must also be looked out for, though. I expect Alfred Morris to have a better game, as well. I am primarily worried about Rodgers, Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb against the secondary. Nelson caught everything against the 49ers. Rodgers will find the weakest link on the secondary and expose him, just like he did against Nnamdi Asomugha. I believe DeAngelo Hall will have his hands full.

The Packers' running game does not worry me, much. However, Eddie Lacy still has to be accounted for. Tackling is going to have to improve or he'll run over some people, especially in the secondary. Rambo and Biggers need to get it together. Overall, thing that makes this game a must-watch is the fact that you have two 0-1 teams playing each other. No team wants to start 0-2. I honestly believe RGIII and company will want it a little more. I can't wait.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Redskins have the offensive match up to give Green Bay fits. The Packers have struggled against teams that run read option for the last year. That said, SF just lined up and ran their base O against them.
Washington could put a lot of points on the board, provided RG3 is ready to take off. They are going to have to score a lot, because the Skins secondary will have their hands full. I think Skins cover 7 but lose a high scoring game

enkay21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat - Packers are 20 - 1 in their last 21 home games during the regular season, and I think 20 - 3 including play offs. They are very formidable at home, be it at the beginning of the season or the end.

Last year a LOT of streaks were broken by this team, if you recall, so I am hoping this will be another one. If we do lose this game the 0-2 start will be extremely disappointing. I had us, on paper, going 3-1 in the first 4 games with a Loss to Green Bay, but now I am thinking 2-2 is the most likely out come (Oakland doesn't scare me, Detroit a bit more now than before the season kicked off). There is a legit shot that all 4 NFCE teams lose this weekend, so it may be no harm no foul.

I am the eternal optimist when it comes to the Redskins - I didn't leave until the clock showed 0:00 at FedEx on Monday - but this is our hardest game in the first 6 by far.

34 - 24 Green Bay. Let's go anti-jinx? :)

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting a MUCH better game out of our offense....the Running game in Particular.....Run the ball and keeping a high powered offense and QB on the sideline has proven to be a very effective way to win ball games.....I say Lean On Morris......Run that fu**king ball down their throats.....force the Safetys to come up and stop it, then See what kind of Passes can be completed......Win have to Sustain drives and score points......Win the Time of Possession and limit turnovers, and we can beat them.....

sublime4eva

Westcoast Redskin fan....
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see, Still wish we had an easy schedule to start the season, RGIII is still not game ready, people better be paitent with him, we knew this was coming, I can understand his rust needing to come off but there was no excuse for the fumbles, bad play by special teams and penalties, Griffin's teammates let him down.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see, Still wish we had an easy schedule to start the season, RGIII is still not game ready, people better be paitent with him, we knew this was coming, I can understand his rust needing to come off but there was no excuse for the fumbles, bad play by special teams and penalties, Griffin's teammates let him down.

No doubt that Griffin isnt to where he was last year, but you could see the improvemwent in his play in the 2nd half which is encouraging.....and you are absolutly correct that the TEAM lost that game....fumbles happen from time to time....it was just the timing of those fumbles that made it even worse....and Special teams Killed us.....Running Kickoffs out of the endzone 8 yeards deep is NOT ACCEPTABLE....Catchign Punts at the 5Yard LINE is INEXCUSABLE........Our Returner had better get his head out of his ASS and play smart...

kai, missing the FG was just more icing on the cake....40yd FG and he misses that....PERFECT.....

If this team plays as a team, we can play with anyone, even with a Griffin not back to 100%...

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok! We all know about the Eagle game. Chip Kelly's offense, our defensive woes, RGIII and the offense looking bad, the loss, etc. We get it! Now, we need to discuss the upcoming opponent, which is the Packers. I'm not trying to jinx us, but I believe we have a much stronger possibility of winning at Lambeau.

This is 100% correct, but mostly because the result of week 1 has already been determined and the result of week 2 has yet to be.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the Eagles are as good as the Packers though. I said during the offseason that our defense has significant issues and that we would be mediocre at best. I stand by that - mediocrity on defense would be a bonus at this point. Make no mistake that our secondary has been and is still complete garbage. That said, I think we can still be a solid team if the offense gets it turned around, which I think they will.

But this week - I'd put our chances of winning at about 10%. On the road, against a great team that just lost, and I think it's going to take until after the bye week to see RG3 back at his old self.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
week 2 prediction

Packers 27 Skins 24

Griffin 275 yards, 3 TD 75 rushing yards 1 rushing TD
Morris 100 yards
Garcon 120 yards, 1 TD
Hankerson 50 yards, 1 TD
Davis 50 yards
Moss 50 yards 1 TD, 1 fumble
Forbath 1 of 1
Defense 3 sacks 1 fumble recovery, 1 INT

Rogers 300 yards 3 TD 1 INT, 25 yards rushing
Lacy 50 yards
Cobb 100 yards, 2 TD
Nelson 80 yards, 1 TD
Jones 100 yards
Finley 20 yards, 1 fumble
Crosby 2 of 2
Defense 2 sacks, 1 fumble recovery

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers 34
Skins 31

It will be a shootout. Morris will have over 100 yes and rg3 will have again over 300 yds passing. Garcon will have 6 catches for 90 yds and 2 TDs. But at the end of the day, we can't stop Rogers. They score on last possession to win the game.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is 100% correct, but mostly because the result of week 1 has already been determined and the result of week 2 has yet to be.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the Eagles are as good as the Packers though. I said during the offseason that our defense has significant issues and that we would be mediocre at best. I stand by that - mediocrity on defense would be a bonus at this point. Make no mistake that our secondary has been and is still complete garbage. That said, I think we can still be a solid team if the offense gets it turned around, which I think they will.

But this week - I'd put our chances of winning at about 10%. On the road, against a great team that just lost, and I think it's going to take until after the bye week to see RG3 back at his old self.

I'm not saying that the Eagles are as good as the Packers. However, the Redskins were sort of at a disadvantage because nobody had seen that offense, before. With that being said, I bet we'll see different results on November 17th, when the Skins go to Philly. Meanwhile, I just believe the Redskins can have some kind of sigh of relief by not having to go up against an unknown, no-huddle, high-tempo offense. The problem with playing the Pack is the Skins are playing them at Lambeau. Not to mention, Aaron Rodgers knows how to throw the heck out of the football to his WRs. In this game, it's all about who plays the best defense. That's going to determine the outcome of the game.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying that the Eagles are as good as the Packers. However, the Redskins were sort of at a disadvantage because nobody had seen that offense, before. With that being said, I bet we'll see different results on November 17th, when the Skins go to Philly. Meanwhile, I just believe the Redskins can have some kind of sigh of relief by not having to go up against an unknown, no-huddle, high-tempo offense. The problem with playing the Pack is the Skins are playing them at Lambeau. Not to mention, Aaron Rodgers knows how to throw the heck out of the football to his WRs. In this game, it's all about who plays the best defense. That's going to determine the outcome of the game.

I don't think you can underestimate how much of a disadvantage our D was in not knowing the Eagle's offense. I mentioned this on the thread before the game that I was very concerned about it and got slammed by most saying that the Eagles suck and we will rout them. I agree that the next time we play them, we will be much more prepared.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think we will get this win, primarily because its at Lambeau. Thats a pretty strong home field advantage. I would like to beat them there since the last time was in 88 i think. And we've shown we can beat GB (wasnt it 2010?) I do think it will be competitive but I think GB gets us by 3 points. However, I'd be thrilled to be wrong!

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright, STATING the obvious I know. To have a shot of winning this game:

Skins need to get after Aaron Rodgers and get real pressure, consistently. He can't have all day to throw, our secondary is still shite. Rak and Kerrigan and our front 7 need to have a huge day to offset.

Griff and our O have to produce. It can't be one dimensional with just Morris on the run or they'll just stack the box. It cant be plain old pocket passing, our line is not built for that. Short, quick passes early and often to open up the field, with some runs tossed in, if no read option is going to happen, to keep the D honest. GB has shown some weakness in the middle of the field, exploit it.

Have to get better field possession with special teams and make any FGs. I actually have the least confidence here, given our punt returning issues and now Kai.

Most importantly, win the turnover battle and limit penalties.

Tough challenge, no margin for error. Can our team do it, sure. Will they, we will know soon enough.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh yea, we gotta contain Clay Matthews, he's a beast...

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This will definitely be a very tough game, I expect that the Redskins will lose this game; considering that this game is at Lambeau and the Packers don't usually lose at home..I would love to be wrong though, but I highly doubt it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tdog21Skins

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Meriweather won't get hurt during pre game warm ups.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we have a shot at it

1st games can be strange . i think if we pressure rogers and control, clock we can win

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked at the amazing job the rookie LT has done already for Rogers. Certainly hope we can make things uneasy there though. We beat the Packers in 2010 with much less, who knows...its unlikely but possible that we can get the W