• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

VOTE NOW! New Lions banner

Which banner should rep the D on the Hoop?

• A

Votes: 21 58.3%
  • B

Votes: 15 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
(A) layout looks great, but suggestion. Change out the city shot with a cheerleader. Nobody wants to look at the city of Detroit.

I got a suggestion for you, but it's not at all appropriate and involves your latent homosexual tendencies and that Russel Wilson life-sized fathead you keep on the wall next to your bed.

We don't talk shit about all the hipster douchebags clogging up Seattle, don't talk shit about our city. That's a great shot of the downtown skyline, it looks awesome.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been to Detroit? I promise you it's not the place smug dickholes like you think it is.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a PM and was under the impression I was supposed to add that banner as the winner? :noidea:

Did the polls close as soon as #2 took the lead then?

We didn't set a deadline, as far as I knew...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Suh, and his badassedness, but I don't really like celebrating him being a dipshit and hurting his team by being suspended. (Schwartz hurling the red hanky is a notch below it on the stupidstupiddumbdumb scale, Not finishing the process is in the same group of low points to me)Nearly Beheading DellHomie is/was awesome though. And I'm a big fan of the skyline aspect, and not so much Staff. (You can totally see moob). As in three separate representations.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a suggestion for you, but it's not at all appropriate and involves your latent homosexual tendencies and that Russel Wilson life-sized fathead you keep on the wall next to your bed.

We don't talk shit about all the hipster douchebags clogging up Seattle, don't talk shit about our city. That's a great shot of the downtown skyline, it looks awesome.

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been to Detroit? I promise you it's not the place smug dickholes like you think it is.

I wish I had the opportunity to give this post a thumbs up, cuz I would. For future reference.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Suh, and his badassedness, but I don't really like celebrating him being a dipshit and hurting his team by being suspended. (Schwartz hurling the red hanky is a notch below it on the stupidstupiddumbdumb scale, Not finishing the process is in the same group of low points to me)Nearly Beheading DellHomie is/was awesome though. And I'm a big fan of the skyline aspect, and not so much Staff. (You can totally see moob). As in three separate representations.
I agree Smitty.

I think it'd look much better with the "smiling" Stafford and the "partying" Stafford replaced w/ that awesome skyline shot, and the "stomping" Suh swapped out for Reggie Bush...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Smitty.

I think it'd look much better with the "smiling" Stafford and the "partying" Stafford replaced w/ that awesome skyline shot, and the "stomping" Suh swapped out for Reggie Bush...

How about Suh rag dolling Cutty?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think option A is far more classy and represents the city of Detroit much better.

Plus, it was made by one af our own boardies...

it can still be changed depending on which one wins at the end of the day on the 29th ok ... :suds:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Poll is set to expire in 2 weeks. I was pretty high when I made it.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn! haha

I kinda agree with the dude. City skylines are generic. The kind of thing chicks get framed in their first apartment. I don't hate it but this is a Lions banner not a city of Detroit banner. If we did a banner with all the logos lions, stones, wings, tigers I'd say put the city behind it. But since it's just the Lions I like the players being the focus.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Suh rag dolling Cutty?

Yes! Everyone could get behind that! Still would like to see some Reggie Bush in there, maybe in place of the partying Stafford.

Alternately we could put some All-Time greats up there. I think it had 6 seperate guys up there (3x Stafford, 2 Suh's and a Megatron).

Suh, Staffy, Megatron, Bush, Barry and Herman Moore would be a nice set...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes! Everyone could get behind that! Still would like to see some Reggie Bush in there, maybe in place of the partying Stafford.

Alternately we could put some All-Time greats up there. I think it had 6 seperate guys up there (3x Stafford, 2 Suh's and a Megatron).

Suh, Staffy, Megatron, Bush, Barry and Herman Moore would be a nice set...

Only prob with Reggie is there are no Lions game pics of him yet to use. He could be shopped in later maybe. I can swap the stomp for Cutty getting drilled and maybe replace Stafford with Barry? Something like that.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it can still be changed depending on which one wins at the end of the day on the 29th ok ... :suds:
No prob, I was just trying to sort out with the other posters what the plan of attack was.

It sounds like we all like certain elements of both. I like the overall look of option B a bit more, just not a fan of the way the pics represent our team. I'm just one guy, though, whatever the group decides is fine by me, I just figured a bit of campaigning was in order.

We'll figure it out, I'm sure...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn! haha

I kinda agree with the dude. City skylines are generic. The kind of thing chicks get framed in their first apartment. I don't hate it but this is a Lions banner not a city of Detroit banner. If we did a banner with all the logos lions, stones, wings, tigers I'd say put the city behind it. But since it's just the Lions I like the players being the focus.

I think we can compromise then and go no skyline if the Suh-stomp can get pulled. That's my $0.02 anyways...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only prob with Reggie is there are no Lions game pics of him yet to use. He could be shopped in later maybe. I can swap the stomp for Cutty getting drilled and maybe replace Stafford with Barry? Something like that.

I think there's probably some OTA shots of Bush in action in a Lions uni that could be isolated for our purposes...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we can compromise then and go no skyline if the Suh-stomp can get pulled. That's my $0.02 anyways...

Working on getting the stomp replaced with Cutty getting crushed, and Stafford partying swapped out w Barry running around and Ziggy getting drafted. See how it turns out.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Check that last PM I just sent you- I think I have a nice, balanced set-up based completely on what you have up there now.

Long story short- I think those two "background" ones (Suh stomp and Partying Stafford) would be cool replaced with a black and white Barry and a black and white Herman Moore.

Then swap the smiling Stafford on the right end for Ansah on the podium and we've got 6 different Lions in a very balanced pattern- two current defense and two current offense, plus two all-time greats mixed in the background...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On second thought I'd switch the places of Barry and Herman in the background so we don't have the two WRs catching passes right next to eachother...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be game for a bloody Corey Truckinger. That fucker was awesome. And I don't give a fuck if it makes me girly or not, I had skyline photos on the wall, back when I had a wall to have have skyline photos on. (Upside down autographed by Jimmy Leyland no less). Mike Utley Thumbs Up, mini-fro Barry, Ansah with 3D shades, Johnny Morton throat slashin', Websters Dad, a photo of us at the upcoming home opener, Cutler crying,.... Spielman, mauling banging field goals, roarie lightin fools up, chubby downriver girls in Chuck Long jerseys... Can we cycle this shit up? (I don't give a fuck if you don't like... My shit. Cuz I was high when I wrote this... So suck... My dick). But Staff moobs staying would be nice, just so I have a daily reason to talk about his man juggs.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone hasn't voted yet, please hold off till Swarm gets his new offering up. We've been messaging back and fourth taking all these comments into account to try to come up with something everyone can agree on...