• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vogt on Intentional Talk !!

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok... admittedly i've kinda taken the season off and not paying very close attention...

however if the giants had vogt and garcia on their roster at the beginning of the season, could someone explain erik kratz?
Both started the season in Sacramento. Vogt because he was still coming back from his surgery (he barely caught any games in spring training) and Garcia because the Giants had acquired Kratz (and Tom Murphy, who was quickly dfa'd and flipped to Seattle) late in spring training. Both Garcia and Vogt were called up around the same time when both Posey and Kratz went down with injuries. Kratz didn't last much longer on the roster, got dfa'd, shipped to Tampa and they released him before the Yankees stashed him in their AAA affiliate.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both started the season in Sacramento. Vogt because he was still coming back from his surgery (he barely caught any games in spring training) and Garcia because the Giants had acquired Kratz (and Tom Murphy, who was quickly dfa'd and flipped to Seattle) late in spring training. Both Garcia and Vogt were called up around the same time when both Posey and Kratz went down with injuries. Kratz didn't last much longer on the roster, got dfa'd, shipped to Tampa and they released him before the Yankees stashed him in their AAA affiliate.

thx.... so Kratz was just an insurance policy until either Vogt or Garcia showed they were ready. i like that better than believing Kratz was somehow the answer

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thx.... so Kratz was just an insurance policy until either Vogt or Garcia showed they were ready. i like that better than believing Kratz was somehow the answer
I would assume so but it was strange that they felt Garcia wasn't ready out of spring training. He didn't look overwhelmed and, coupled with his late season production last year, it seemed odd that the Giants felt the need to grab a bunch of veteran catchers late in camp. It became a bit of a joke around here.