• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Down on the Farm 2024

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really makes one wonder. Personally I'm not sure who is actually making the decisiom to not play him ... FZ or Melvin.
None of this makes sense ...
I have to believe the people who are making the decisions actually have pulses and that they are able to remember to breathe consistently. Therefore, there must be a logical reason for not playing him. They just are not communicating that reason (while at the same time telling everyone that he WILL play regularly “tomorrow”).

I don’t get it at all. It makes zero sense to me. There HAS to be a pretty big piece to the puzzle that they simply are not allowing us to see. And they are keeping it from the beats as well, since even they are asking why he isn’t playing.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But would FZ actually tell our manager not to play him? Or is this our manager making this decision?
That is part of the “we have no idea”.

But I doubt FZ would just blindly say “don’t play him” without some reason behind it. No one claims that FZ isn’t very smart. And doing something like that (sitting him just “because”), is not smart. There HAS to be a reason behind it.

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is part of the “we have no idea”.

But I doubt FZ would just blindly say “don’t play him” without some reason behind it. No one claims that FZ isn’t very smart. And doing something like that (sitting him just “because”), is not smart. There HAS to be a reason behind it.
I’m thinking that would be more likely and true with Kap. But Melvin is a seasoned well respected manager who has a positive managerial record. I’m thinking if anything Melvin has a reason and has spoken to FZ letting him know why he is sitting Lucy. On our side we can’t think of a good reason way they are not playing him but there must be some logical answer in there from Melvin. I’m guessing of course but I think I’m right, which counts for something.

Or is that basically what you are conveying?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m thinking that would be more likely and true with Kap. But Melvin is a seasoned well respected manager who has a positive managerial record. I’m thinking if anything Melvin has a reason and has spoken to FZ letting him know why he is sitting Lucy. On our side we can’t think of a good reason way they are not playing him but there must be some logical answer in there from Melvin. I’m guessing of course but I think I’m right, which counts for something.

Or is that basically what you are conveying?
That isn’t basically what I am saying.

That is EXACTLY what I am saying.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Whisenhunt's Triple-A season probably did not go as expected. You can draw a pretty fine line in the sand with his home/road splits
Home: 57.2 IP, 2.34 ERA, 1.28 WHIP, 12.3 K/9, 2.72 SO/W
Road: 52 IP, 8.31 ERA, 1.90 WHIP, 10.7 K/9, 2.30 SO/W

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When international signing period opens Jan 15, the Giants are expected to sign the #1 overall international player - Josuar De Jesus Gonzalez

Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 60 | Run: 50 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50 | Overall: 60

Switch-hitting shortstops with a polished approach at the plate from a young age are sure to draw lofty comparisons, and there’s no shortage of them with it comes to Gonzalez, whose ceiling has been held in the same regard as All-Stars Francisco Lindor and José Reyes. A year ago, Leodalis De Vries drew similar hype en route to being ranked as the top international prospect, and he quickly took the Single-A California League by storm at just 17 years old. Gonzalez boasts many of the same top-end attributes as De Vries and has the overall package to be the jewel of the ‘25 class if it all comes together for him.

Gonzalez is a much more polished product from the left side of the plate (his natural side) and displays plus bat speed with an advanced feel for the barrel. Starting from an open stance before he closes off with his stride, the timing of his leg kick enables him to tap into power that could grow into an above-average asset as he gains experience.

Boding well for his future up the middle, evaluators often first discuss Gonzalez's instincts for playing shortstop. He has a potential plus arm, coupling that with quick hands and twitchy actions. Gonzalez was regarded as the standout performer of the 18U World Cup in Panama during early August. During a seven-game stint, he went 8-for-22 with four extra-base hits, more walks than strikeouts and five stolen bases.

FZ is doing something right.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 73 innings split between the minors/majors, Landen Roupp has allowed just 2 home runs this year. That comes out to a 0.25 HR/9 rate. Not many pitchers have a better rate than that.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baseball America named Bryce Eldridge the Giants' 2024 Minor League Player of the Year

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When international signing period opens Jan 15, the Giants are expected to sign the #1 overall international player - Josuar De Jesus Gonzalez

Scouting grades: Hit: 60 | Power: 60 | Run: 50 | Arm: 55 | Field: 50 | Overall: 60

Switch-hitting shortstops with a polished approach at the plate from a young age are sure to draw lofty comparisons, and there’s no shortage of them with it comes to Gonzalez, whose ceiling has been held in the same regard as All-Stars Francisco Lindor and José Reyes. A year ago, Leodalis De Vries drew similar hype en route to being ranked as the top international prospect, and he quickly took the Single-A California League by storm at just 17 years old. Gonzalez boasts many of the same top-end attributes as De Vries and has the overall package to be the jewel of the ‘25 class if it all comes together for him.

Gonzalez is a much more polished product from the left side of the plate (his natural side) and displays plus bat speed with an advanced feel for the barrel. Starting from an open stance before he closes off with his stride, the timing of his leg kick enables him to tap into power that could grow into an above-average asset as he gains experience.

Boding well for his future up the middle, evaluators often first discuss Gonzalez's instincts for playing shortstop. He has a potential plus arm, coupling that with quick hands and twitchy actions. Gonzalez was regarded as the standout performer of the 18U World Cup in Panama during early August. During a seven-game stint, he went 8-for-22 with four extra-base hits, more walks than strikeouts and five stolen bases.

FZ is doing something right.
Still a lot of time between now and the ink drying, but let’s assume we get him.

Have the Giants ever gotten the #1 overall international amateur? Fox? Cabrera? Villalona? I don’t think any of them were #1 overall…

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we need to trade Luciano while he still has a lick of value...maybe he becomes some great DH somewhere, but he feels like a bust.

Package him with Matos (we got plenty of OFers) and a pitcher prospect and you can get a legit starter somewhere.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a lot of time between now and the ink drying, but let’s assume we get him.

Have the Giants ever gotten the #1 overall international amateur? Fox? Cabrera? Villalona? I don’t think any of them were #1 overall…
I believe this would be the first time.

And he's a SS. This is a really good sign.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really think we need to trade Luciano while he still has a lick of value...maybe he becomes some great DH somewhere, but he feels like a bust.

Package him with Matos (we got plenty of OFers) and a pitcher prospect and you can get a legit starter somewhere.
I don't know. I'm not sure Luci + Whiz + Matos gets you say, Garrett Crochet (just to pick a name).

If I'm the Sox, I probably don't make this trade.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. I'm not sure Luci + Whiz + Matos gets you say, Garrett Crochet (just to pick a name).

If I'm the Sox, I probably don't make this trade.
I meant starter as position player. If we sign Snelk we don’t need another of those. I meant a legit starting hitter. Maybe Roberts can be had after he just had a down year

sf1giantfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No reason to go political here. Trans teams are teams just like all the others.
It’s not politically I just heard they need love too. But what about other baseball teams. Sounds like a really good signing if we can make it happen.