• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vincent jackson?

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys on the main board are saying he's trying to be traded by the Bucs. Others have suggested Seattle as a possible landing spot now that Harvin is a Jet.

He's 32 years old and would get about $10M next year I think. Would he be worth it if the trade wasn't too steep?

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some guys on the main board are saying he's trying to be traded by the Bucs. Others have suggested Seattle as a possible landing spot now that Harvin is a Jet.

He's 32 years old and would get about $10M next year I think. Would he be worth it if the trade wasn't too steep?

This was being discussed on one of the sports talk (KJR, I think) this morning as well.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This was being discussed on one of the sports talk (KJR, I think) this morning as well.

I'd love to have him, but it would depend on the cap hit and what we'd have to give up to get him that has me worried.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. Im tired of throwing money at the WR spot. Time to develop our own guys.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to have him, but it would depend on the cap hit and what we'd have to give up to get him that has me worried.

How exactly would that work? Seattle took some of the hit on Harvin in the form of dead money after the trade. I assume something similar will happen when the Bucs trade Jackson.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How exactly would that work? Seattle took some of the hit on Harvin in the form of dead money after the trade. I assume something similar will happen when the Bucs trade Jackson.

I don't think this year would be the problem. It would be basically replacing Harvin with Jackson. Next year is where it might hurt. We'd have to give a draft pic to TB (I'm hearing a 3rd is what they want), and then we'd need to negotiate a salary. I think he's due to get about $10M next year and that would be too much I think. He'd need to be willing to take a pay cut next year to make it work.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think this year would be the problem. It would be basically replacing Harvin with Jackson. Next year is where it might hurt. We'd have to give a draft pic to TB (I'm hearing a 3rd is what they want), and then we'd need to negotiate a salary. I think he's due to get about $10M next year and that would be too much I think. He'd need to be willing to take a pay cut next year to make it work.

I dont see them getting a 3rd for him, not as his age and cap number.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still fall back on my thought that it is the lineman on both sides that win games. What good is a speedy wr if the QB has no time to get him the ball cause the O line can't pass block?

What good is a cornerback if the defensive line gets no pressure on the QB?

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still fall back on my thought that it is the lineman on both sides that win games. What good is a speedy wr if the QB has no time to get him the ball cause the O line can't pass block?

Take it from a Vikings fan... the team that Minnesota is currently fielding could seriously have a prime Randy Moss added to it, and they'd still be terrible because the O-line is just that horrendous. You'd be better off trying to take care of the offensive line and develope your own WRs than trade picks and put big cash into big names. Seattle just got out of the Harvin fiasco with very little to show for it (he had very little to do with their SB run last year, and they would have creamed Denver with or without him), why would you want to trade for an old, big $ WR already?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to say that even though the defense has sucked so far, I'm very happy with paying Sherman. This is the 2nd worse RZ defense in the league, and he hasnt given up a score there. There was a lot of talk about how he is a product of the team around him, that's BS, he's the best player on defense.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pass. Im tired of throwing money at the WR spot. Time to develop our own guys.

Ditto.

1)What you saved in Percy this year you will pretty much dump on V Jax if acquired and you wont carry any $$ over to cover the cap hit for Percy next year. Plus you will lose a draft pick. If you to decide to keep him next year you will have to pay him a large cap# along with Percy's 7 mil in dead money

2) This system isn't one where a WR can just in and play right away. Look at previous receivers like Rice, Tate, Percy, Miller and P Rich this year.) Receiver is tough to learn, you cant just toss him there

3) You have a young team that should compete for a while. You don't need to make a move to for this year for future year consequences.

4) You just got rid of a receiver with attitude problems, why risk acquiring another?

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it all depends on what the bucs want for him I wouldnt give up a first day draft choice for someone that a team is trying to get rid of but lets face it our recievers SUCK dont get me wrong doug and kearse are great guys but they are just complimentary recievers they were all undrafted for a reason, Ill give doug more credit he is a solid #3 in the slot type player but russ has nobody to throw too im so sick and tired of russell wilson putting this team on his back to win games by scrambling around and buying time for recievers to get open. Everybody wants to develop Paul Rich and hopes he can be the next DeSean Jackson on the field but there is a good chance that he will be the next deon butler.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Jackson isn't looking to good this year, he's up there in age, expensive salary, would take draft pick to get, and obviously won't know the system here. I really don't see any logical reason to trade for him.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vincent Jackson isn't looking to good this year, he's up there in age, expensive salary, would take draft pick to get, and obviously won't know the system here. I really don't see any logical reason to trade for him.

Agreed! Lets give our young WR's a shot. Besides, we're going to need that money to resign RW and stock pile draft picks to get depth back in certain positions.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed! Lets give our young WR's a shot. Besides, we're going to need that money to resign RW and stock pile draft picks to get depth back in certain positions.

Yep. If you want stud receivers, you have to develop them 99% of the time.

People act like if you aren't tearing it up as soon as you step on the field as a rookie, you won't be a good player. V-Jax took til his 4th year before he was a difference maker.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said this after Harvin got traded, but I'll say it again... I think we're fine with the group of receivers that we have and don't need to add a guy like Jackson, especially since it seems to blow up in our face every time we get a pricey receiver. Richardson and Norwood will now have more of a chance to play, Baldwin is capable of making clutch catches and Kearse is a solid receiver as well. When we get Willson and Miller back, our pass protection will be better than it's been and better pass protection means more time for Wilson to find an open receiver without having to scramble around so much.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save the money you got from trading Harvin and use it to resign the many important FAs already on the team coming up next year. Jackson's cap hit is way too high because of the stupid backloaded deal he has.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If this team want's WR help then Draft one earlier than the 2nd or 3rd rounds ( like the first ) Just saying is all.

Problem i see is they have issues finding talent that converts to the NFL. Tate was a good one but not the prototypical size i believe the Hawks are looking for. To bad the Hawks didn't draft Allen Robinson instead of Richardson. At his size ( 6-2 211 ) he would fit in nicely with Kearse ( 6-1 210) Baldwin ( 5-10 190 ) Lockette ( 6-2 211 ) Norwood ( 6-2 200 )

TE Brackett i am excited to see him play. He doesn't have Willson's speed or jumping ability but he is a solid blocker. Willson i feel has had issues "catching" the ball and looks a little stiff out there. He needs to work on his flexibility some, I believe it would help him out a ton as it would make him more fluid in and out of his cuts.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. If you want stud receivers, you have to develop them 99% of the time.

People act like if you aren't tearing it up as soon as you step on the field as a rookie, you won't be a good player. V-Jax took til his 4th year before he was a difference maker.

You are right about developing the WR's, it does take a little bit of time. There's 10 games left and Seattle is still very much in the mix, so I say lets take the training wheels off our young WR's and see what we have.