• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vince Young Trying Out for Packers?

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why, but I just don't care about this at all. I may need fan rehabilitation or something.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's the most important back-up position on the team, so I'm not sure what would pique your interest if not this.

apratt21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy has more lives than a cat. Why do teams always think a guy who sucks will suddenly get good again, but really, has he ever been good. Not sure what the packers are thinking.:noidea:

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm pretty much expecting him to bomb.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, I'm not sure why people are so bent out of shape about this.

This is a low-risk deal. He sucks, he gets cut. The end.

He may never see the field, that would be the ideal scenario because that means the league's best QB is out there.

Clearly the Packers wanted a veteran back-up, or at least someone with some game experience. Pretty sparse out there, fellas. Here's a list of guys who are available:

1) Trent Edwards
2) Charlie Batch
3) Matt Leinart
4) Byron Leftwich
5) Tyler Thigpen

Of that bunch, who would you have taken over Vince Young? For me, maybe Leftwich, but that's it.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm pretty much expecting him to bomb.

Me too, I thought you meant the overall status of our QB back-ups.

It's definitely true that there's not much out there free agent-wise, which is why you need to keep those roster spots open for young, in-house guys - especially if you have one of the top QB coaches/programs in the world.

cyorgan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what happens when you stick with a questionable back up for too long. Harrell has proven time and again that he's not NFL material. Idk what the coaches see in him TBH but he really should not have stuck around for this long. That said, the bigger mistake was not letting Coleman get enough reps last preseason.

I'm actually OK with this move. If Vince has to take over at some point, he, like Rodgers, can make plays with his legs and if we give him conservative play-calling with the passing game, he should have some success. He's a short-term solution to a potentially long-term problem if we do not address the position in the next draft.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should start making point spread predictions and posting them here so I can bet against them and win a shit-ton of cash. It's uncanny how your predictions tank over-and-over-and-over during the last decade. You just don't understand the game of football.

ForkEmBucky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, I'm not sure why people are so bent out of shape about this.

This is a low-risk deal. He sucks, he gets cut. The end.

He may never see the field, that would be the ideal scenario because that means the league's best QB is out there.

Clearly the Packers wanted a veteran back-up, or at least someone with some game experience. Pretty sparse out there, fellas. Here's a list of guys who are available:

1) Trent Edwards
2) Charlie Batch
3) Matt Leinart
4) Byron Leftwich
5) Tyler Thigpen

Of that bunch, who would you have taken over Vince Young? For me, maybe Leftwich, but that's it.

There were a lot of great posts in this thread, but this is the one that reached me. So far I'm still expecting some kind of social-emotional breakdown, but I hope he finds his place with the Pack.