• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vilma suspended for the entire season

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also, LOL at the Packers and browns as well

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His two year contract that he signed had most of the money in the 2nd year. I wonder if they cut him? or if they are allowed to

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I have a feeling Vilma has been far from apologetic throughout this whole thing. It doesn't surprise me. Hell, his twitter avatar is a picture of him on the front cover of SI's bounty scandal issue.

http://twitter.com/#!/jonvilma51

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just realized Vilma restructured his deal to assist the Saints. So I doubt they cut him.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What these allegations are not 1000 percent false?

optimist4720

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Im a fan of due process..the right to face the accuser..the right to refute the evidence and cross examine any and all witnesses..the proper airing of grievences and allegations...and their cross-examination by leagal representation. The right to have a judge and jury of one's peers listen to and come to a fair conclusion. The commish is seriously abridging the rights of players and coaches in this regard handling this situation as an internal matter of the NFL only in which he serves and prosecutor, judge and jury handing down sentences which are a bit arbitrary and possibly excessive. BTW IM a 49er fan and hate the allegations of what the Saints are accused of doing..but it needs to be aired and tried in a fair manner.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man when this shit was going on I said they were trying to hurt players,everyone said I was just crying about it,,,,these guys did this shit and now they are paying for it

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im a fan of due process..the right to face the accuser..the right to refute the evidence and cross examine any and all witnesses..the proper airing of grievences and allegations...and their cross-examination by leagal representation. The right to have a judge and jury of one's peers listen to and come to a fair conclusion. The commish is seriously abridging the rights of players and coaches in this regard handling this situation as an internal matter of the NFL only in which he serves and prosecutor, judge and jury handing down sentences which are a bit arbitrary and possibly excessive. BTW IM a 49er fan and hate the allegations of what the Saints are accused of doing..but it needs to be aired and tried in a fair manner.

He has the right to appeal... to Goodell. Because of the collective bargaining, I believe the NFLPA could sue, but not the players individually (on football/league matters). They agreed to it, so I don't know what to say. As far as the punishment (not the finding of guilt), there seems to be nothing constitutionally wrong about the laws that allow the NFL and NFLPA to agree to punishment guidelines (though these guidelines really are whatever the commish thinks is right). The player's contracts also give the league and teams this power. If there's a federal law or constititional challenge, let's see it. This isn't state action.

As far as due process and fair opportunity to refute the evidence, this isn't the government and this isn't something where the government has to act to stop the injustice like slavery or racial discrimination. Private matters are less likely to be under the government's perview. They could pass some law if they chose to and say that this affect interstate commerce, perhaps. But where's the incentive to do so?

I'll get on board once someone is losing their property due to something other than cheating or trying to injure others.