• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vilma suspended for the entire season

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
David Akers weighs in:

"I am just blown away by the decision to suspend Vilma for an entire year. All I can say is WOW!! I hope the @NFLPA @DeSmithNFLPA fight this!"

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
David Akers weighs in:

"I am just blown away by the decision to suspend Vilma for an entire year. All I can say is WOW!! I hope the @NFLPA @DeSmithNFLPA fight this!"

What s loser.

They act with total disregard for the rules, lie about doing so, get punished, bitch about it and everyone circles the wagons. Business as usual for the NFL.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What s loser.

They act with total disregard for the rules, lie about doing so, get punished, bitch about it and everyone circles the wagons. Business as usual for the NFL.

Yeah, I wasn't thrilled to see this either.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what did manning say about kickers? ....

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's rough but he deserved it since he had no regard for other players' careers. The suspension will surely be reduced though once some arbitrator, using some absurd logic, gets ahold of it and finds that there were extenuating circumstances.

The NFL doesn't operate that way. Appeals go through the guy who just handed down the suspensions. It's in the CBA and the players foolishly accepted it.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What s loser.

I don't know why other players are coming to the aid of these guys.

"WAKEUP CALL, MORONS!!! THEY WERE INTENTIONALLY TRYING TO INJURE YOU!!!!"

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly didn't expect any players to get half a season or full season suspensions.

Although it makes sense considering that Goodell's message is that if you make the NFL look bad through criminal or on-the-field activity you're going to get suspended. This definitely falls under making the NFL look extremely bad.

Plus, I forgot who mentioned it.. but with this bounty thing likely turning into Exhibit A for any lawsuit against the NFL for concussions and unnecessary injuries... Goodell is going to lay down the hammer to make sure the lawyers don't get an Exhibit B within a few years.

grayghost668

Gun Control,,,,not likely
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think about what these guys were doing,they deserved what they got period

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The right to have a judge and jury of one's peers listen to and come to a fair conclusion. The commish is seriously abridging the rights of players and coaches in this regard handling this situation as an internal matter of the NFL only in which he serves and prosecutor, judge and jury handing down sentences which are a bit arbitrary and possibly excessive.

This was exactly my position in most other Goodell punishments.....Stallworth, Johnny Jolly, probably a few more. Each of them was a serious situation, but I felt mishandled by the commissioner in an attempt to look and act tough.

But for whatever reason this situation strikes me a bit different than the rest, despite the brutal punishments I can't feel any sympathy for the guys that got hammered.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Plus One! Loyalty is a great thing - when it is applied intelligently

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Haha....Vilma found out about this by watching Sportscenter. They didn't even feel like telling him to his face. That's one way to twist the knife.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've personally lost some respect for Akers because of his response, even though I'm not at all surprised.

It is a clear case of the "Us vs Them" atmosphere between NFL owners and the players association. I doubt Akers is truly stupid enough to believe the drivel he posted on twitter, but of course he is worried about the players side looking submissive to the will of the owners, even if they are.

When allegations first arose about Bounty-gate, Akers said nothing to defend anyone, nor did he open his kicker-mouth when Greg Williams, Mickey Loomis, and Sean Payton were suspended for their conduct, but the injustice was simply TOO GREAT when a player who had been implicated in the scandal since day 1 was suspended.

IMO players taking up arms over the Bounty-gate suspensions parallels the fight over increasingly stringent testing for performance enhancers. Even if they have no personal stake because they don't use PEDs, players fight against stringent drug tests because they do not want to be turncoats against their comrades.