• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Villain

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys, he's a dodgers fan, that dont mean he's a troll. dude genuinely seems to want to talk, and this board is live. he's not like that met douche from yesterday.

dont chase him away, otherwise he'll never see this picture i posted on facebook for all my doyer fans, saying peace to em after game 6...

1376982_10200670982884227_104284001_n.jpg

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree.

Villain seems to be a solid dude. (As do most of the doggie posters here, damn it -- and I WANT to hate them SOOOO much)

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how many of you remember the Disney boards but they also some really good Doggie posters. I can't remember the one's name that was OUTSTANDING and found out later in the year that he had passed. A good sports fan is generally a good poster ... in any forum. I didn't consider Villian a troll.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's a troll, but I do think he's kind of baiting us re the GIANTS being the overspenders messing up the FA market. He can't possibly believe that. So he's either not very smart or troll-ish.

moxie

Polite as fuck.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,538.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guys, he's a dodgers fan, that dont mean he's a troll. dude genuinely seems to want to talk, and this board is live. he's not like that met douche from yesterday.

dont chase him away, otherwise he'll never see this picture i posted on facebook for all my doyer fans, saying peace to em after game 6...

I agree... he seems like a good guy. And I think that he's not so much baiting us (MS), but that a lot of times, the sarcasm font doesn't work. From what I've seen, he's aware that his team is a sack of oh, wait- we're playing nice! I forgot! hehehe
:2cents: from the newb

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think he's a troll, but I do think he's kind of baiting us re the GIANTS being the overspenders messing up the FA market. He can't possibly believe that. So he's either not very smart or troll-ish.

lol its word for word what Larry Kreuger was saying on KNBR today.

i wouldnt say the deal messed up the market, but it definitely means pitchers like Ubaldo, Nolasco, etc are drooling at this deal.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol its word for word what Larry Kreuger was saying on KNBR today.

i wouldnt say the deal messed up the market, but it definitely means pitchers like Ubaldo, Nolasco, etc are drooling at this deal.

Well, I think it's clear Timmy has some intangibles that make him worth it to US ALONE...and really only Giants fans would understand that. So when Nolasco tries to get that kind of money from, say, the Rangers, he won't be able to point at 2 Cy Young awards and 2 WS championships and being homegrown and a fan favorite. ALso we only signed Tim for 2 years, most pitchers want 3-4 years and will take less per year for it.

So no I don't buy Villain's logic. Timmy was a special case, and even if you do believe his deal messes up the market, the very LAST fan who should be complaining is a Dodger fan.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I think it's clear Timmy has some intangibles that make him worth it to US ALONE...and really only Giants fans would understand that. So when Nolasco tries to get that kind of money from, say, the Rangers, he won't be able to point at 2 Cy Young awards and 2 WS championships and being homegrown and a fan favorite. ALso we only signed Tim for 2 years, most pitchers want 3-4 years and will take less per year for it.

So no I don't buy Villain's logic. Timmy was a special case, and even if you do believe his deal messes up the market, the very LAST fan who should be complaining is a Dodger fan.

:nod:

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres 28 other teams that are going to think the same way the dodgers do. Timmy to us is what Matt Kemp was to them when they locked him up.

and to be fair, who have the dodgers majorly overpaid in free agency? Uribe? he got a million more than the Giants offered. Greinke was going to get a huge contract no matter where he went. Puig gets 6 mill a year, the new guy gets 4. their payroll is mostly due to trades.

they spend a lot, but not really in free agency.

just playing devils advocate here. fuck the dodgers still.

sfsportsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw i hope no one notices in the pic that both of those rings are from 2012...none of my doyer fans on facebook did.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
theres 28 other teams that are going to think the same way the dodgers do. Timmy to us is what Matt Kemp was to them when they locked him up.

and to be fair, who have the dodgers majorly overpaid in free agency? Uribe? he got a million more than the Giants offered. Greinke was going to get a huge contract no matter where he went. Puig gets 6 mill a year, the new guy gets 4. their payroll is mostly due to trades.

You don't have to parse the details to realize that the money pressure is fungible. The Dodgers haven't (YET) made big FA overpayments, but they are without a doubt the newest source of big $ contracts, either for FAs or dumping old contracts. Basically there's a new pile of money around, and inflation ensues. The Giants and others have to overpay to keep up, hence the Timmy and Pence deals.

So, again, Dodger fans have absolutely NO leg to stand on criticizing other teams' spending a lot of money. The Dodgers changed the game, in the NL West especially, and the Giants are just trying to keep up. And frankly I'm pretty glad we are keeping up, instead of complaining about cheapskate owners.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just because the doggies did not draft the contracts does not mean that they are innocent. They knowingly took on those contracts from Boston. That is ALMOST worse.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of taking all that salary on ... the inverse is true as well. Boston (obviously) shed a massive amount of salary. The Dodgers' strategy to get to the WS failed (spend, spend, spend MORE). Conversely, Boston's strategy (dump the under-performers with big contracts and then spend that saved money wisely) actually got them to the WS.

I smile every time I think about it. Maybe I should root for Boston, to make the Dodgers failure even more wonderful.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of taking all that salary on ... the inverse is true as well. Boston (obviously) shed a massive amount of salary. The Dodgers' strategy to get to the WS failed (spend, spend, spend MORE). Conversely, Boston's strategy (dump the under-performers with big contracts and then spend that saved money wisely) actually got them to the WS.

I smile every time I think about it. Maybe I should root for Boston, to make the Dodgers failure even more wonderful.

You, sir, just gave me a reason to root for a team in the W.S.. Still not going to like it regardless, but it does make me a bit happier thinking about it like that.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because the doggies did not draft the contracts does not mean that they are innocent. They knowingly took on those contracts from Boston. That is ALMOST worse.

They were so desperate to get AGon, they happily took on Josh Beckett and Carl Crawford.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do fear that eventually all that money is gonna get the Doggies a WS. Damn then and their kabillion dollar TV contract!

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't care what the rest of the board says about you ;)

This has been my take all along too. Whenever they talk about the turnaround of the Red Sox, the dodgers trade is always pointed out. loldodgers

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care what the rest of the board says about you ;)

This has been my take all along too. Whenever they talk about the turnaround of the Red Sox, the dodgers trade is always pointed out. loldodgers

And the Sox have Victorino, who played terrible for the Dodgers, but is now contributing in a major way for the Sox. Shouldn't we love Victorino for this? Anyway, I'm still rooting for the Cards.

MarcoPolo

Huge member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, sir, just gave me a reason to root for a team in the W.S.. Still not going to like it regardless, but it does make me a bit happier thinking about it like that.

Yeah, I have decided to root for the BoSox. It's so sweet that in the bottom of the first an ump call was (correctly) reversed leaving the bases loaded, and the next batter drove them all in.

Go "team that fleeced the Dodgers" !!!

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:noidea::noidea: