• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hot Stove

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought I'd kick off the HSL with my (very early) assessment of the my 10 FA SPs:

Tier 1
Bauer -- He's the plum. I'd expect FZ to talk to his people. I don't know what our appetite for a 5/125 deal is though.
Stroman -- Another guy who's going to get a multiyear deal. I'd go 4/80 but I'm not sure if that gets it done.

Tier 2
Paxton -- His 2020 return from injury should depress his value; might be able to be had on a 1/23 deal or something like that. I'd really like to get this guy, big question is health.
Tanaka -- I'm not super interested, given his ongoing elbow issues. He'll be relatively inexpensive though. I'd pass.
Gausman -- We want him; he likes the org. It'll come down to money of course, but I think if we can get him for 3/48 or so he'll be back.

Tier 3
Quintana -- I'd expect a 2-3 year deal here. He's steady; he's a lefty. 3/36 or so.
Walker -- seems recovered from TJ, could be solid for a number of years. 2/26 I'm thinking.

Tier 4
Minor -- If he's cheap enough, maybe. He's a lefty. One year make good deal at 12M makes sense.
Odorizzi -- Injury is the issue. He'd be worth a 1/13 flyer
Ray -- If FZ thinks we can fix his command, he might be worth a 1/12 flyer. He's a lefty...

My take: they make a real effort at Tier 1; they get Gausman and maybe Quintana.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add J.A. Happ to Tier 2 -- yanks just declined their team option....

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giants gave Gausman a QO.

Only 6 total QOs were given this year...

A QO is worth 18.9M this year.
Stroman is an interesting one. I doubt he will take it but I wonder what his market is going to look like. He's got the history to get a deal but will it be to his liking? Will the combination of a supposedly depressed market, his injury and his sitting out 2020 force him to get a lower contract (or shorter term contract) than he wants?