• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings Acquire Sam Bradford in a Trade

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Bradford was an all in QB, I'd say the Vikes made a good trade. I just don't see Bradford as so.

The thing is he doesn't have to come in and throw for 4,500 yards and 30 TD's. Just don't make any stupid plays and hand the ball to AD. He has played on some pretty shitty teams in his career, that's not the case in Minnesota, he has a HOF RB and a top 5 defense. I love this trade because when you are this close you can't just sit by and let the opportunity slip away.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I guess Shawn Hill will still start some games. 1st round pick for a handfulof games was dumb.

It's not dumb, I don't get this way of thinking. So the Vikes keep the pick and draft 22nd next year so what, they draft a LG who could turn out to be an average starter. Or do they use that pick on a QB that gives this team a better chance to move deeper into the playoffs, I think people really overvalue late first round picks, like somehow you get a can't miss player everytime, it's hit and miss and at least in Bradford you give yourself a chance and I honestly believe people are getting a little carried away with this Eagles ripped the Vikes off bullshit. Let's wait and see what happens when he finally gets a chance to play on a team that doesn't suck.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure... He's totally 1st round quality.

Said no one since early 2010.

What is first round quality? Was Percy Harvin first round quality?

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is first round quality? Was Percy Harvin first round quality?

Ummm no. That was a bad move too. I didn't like it when the Hawks made that trade. But at least he wasn't expected to be the most important player on the field.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not dumb, I don't get this way of thinking. So the Vikes keep the pick and draft 22nd next year so what, they draft a LG who could turn out to be an average starter. Or do they use that pick on a QB that gives this team a better chance to move deeper into the playoffs, I think people really overvalue late first round picks, like somehow you get a can't miss player everytime, it's hit and miss and at least in Bradford you give yourself a chance and I honestly believe people are getting a little carried away with this Eagles ripped the Vikes off bullshit. Let's wait and see what happens when he finally gets a chance to play on a team that doesn't suck.
Or they play Bradford for a year (maybe) and draft 54.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 wins will play well in philly. They will be patient. They know the D1AA QB just needs a little time. All the scouts say he's a can't miss and the best QB in the draft class.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm no. That was a bad move too. I didn't like it when the Hawks made that trade. But at least he wasn't expected to be the most important player on the field.

Point is the Hawks took a risk on a player they thought could help them get better, it doesn't always work out but as a fan you have to appreciate your team at least trying, not just saying ok fuck it the season is a loss.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I do, he absolutely gives us a better shot than 36 year old career backup Shaun Hill.

I'll give you that he's better than Hill, slightly. But Hill will be starting by December anyways.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What a haul if the report is true. I haven't seen anyone else report the picks going back to the Eagles. The trade makes since because the Vikings are a playoff team if they can get average QB play & Teddy might not be ready to start 2018.
Wow. The Eagles got a great deal for someone they didn't even want. Too bad it couldn't have been Kaepernick. No one is dumb enough to take him I guess.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is the Hawks took a risk on a player they thought could help them get better, it doesn't always work out but as a fan you have to appreciate your team at least trying, not just saying ok fuck it the season is a loss.

But the Seahawks season didn't rest on the shoulders of Harvin.