• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2019 Season thread

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, short week, I'd rest Thielen vs Washington

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injury reports currently indicating Thielen as a 50/50 for the game against the Redskins. Unless he can show that he's unquestionably 100% before the game, they need to rest him for the upcoming road games against KC and then Dallas. This team should have no problem mopping the floor with the Redskins at home even without him.

I'd rather seem him return after extra rest given the circumstances. I'm not ready to rule out this offense making a game out of it against KC and their miserable defense even on the road, especially with Mahomes most likely out for it. Then it's Dallas, who I originally had us losing to, but they're looking a lot more beatable now if this offense can put up in their indor stadium and the defense can come through a little better than they did in Detroit. Then Denver at home for what should be a win.

For the amount of talent on that offense, this team should end up at least 8-3 going into the bye week. I honestly believe they're capable of being 9-2 if they play to the level of their potential and the defense can avoid crapping the bed too hard. It would be really nice to make that happen given the fact that they've still got the three remaining division games (at home? thankfully) plus Seattle and the L.A. Chargers on the road after that.

Remaining 9 games don't look nearly as daunting as what was originally thought. Everybody on that schedule is beatable.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty ironic how Diggs has definitely had more blunders than Cousins the past few weeks despite having big games along with him the past two. Kirk's lone INT in that time frame against Philly was squarely on Diggs popping up a perfect pass in between the numbers to the defender's reach (which he admitted), and then a dropped dime ball throw from him to stop us from putting up a 50-30 score.

And for all his faults and these defenses being lower-tier, I can't lie, Cousins has looked phenomenal. Out there. He's passing like Sam Bradford did at best here but with Case Keenum's durability and mobility somewhere in between the two. Plus a nicer deep ball than Bradford's noodle armed tosses or Keenum's rainbow throws.

I.e., this is the Kirk they paid for. I'm not going to lie, I wanted them to trade for this guy back before Washington had totally given up on IR3. Always thought it was crazy how well he managed to do on that dumpster fire franchise.

We've now beaten two teams that were above .500 when we played them in Philly and Detroilet (albeit Detroit by just half a game, but it's still true and was a road division game which is never easy). That's a big deal for both this team and Cousins. I'm starting to believe in my boy Kirk again... so long as Zimmer continues to unleash the playbook and trust the players to execute. Cousins is not a QB you can crap on and hand a limited playbook to and hope he wins with it. Gotta keep telling him he gets the big time playbook and to execute it while making blocking schemes to give him some time.

PA was known to be Kirks strong suit and we have finally started using it with him a ton. Its working.

Hope it keeps working.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PA was known to be Kirks strong suit and we have finally started using it with him a ton. Its working.

Hope it keeps working.

Correct … PA is something Cousin's has always liked. This year the run game will make the work much better.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priorities, man... it's a long season.

Well of course the Packers fan with Thielen on his stupid fantasy league team wants to see him play injured against a terrible Washington team even though the Vikings will be heavily favored to win regardless.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course the Packers fan with Thielen on his stupid fantasy league team wants to see him play injured against a terrible Washington team even though the Vikings will be heavily favored to win regardless.

We were heavily favored last year vs Buffalo as well...

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

giphy.gif

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've really got to cut down on their penalties going forward

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
23 of 26. 2 throw aways, and a Diggs drop...

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take the W and move on

Agreed. This is about exactly how I would have expected the game to go. No Thielen meant a signficantly more limited offense. I mean it was basically Cook, Cousins, and Diggs out there on their own in terms of legit offensive weapons on a short week. They were efficient enough on offense to get through the game, and the defense held their ground. I'm just glad they got the W without sustaining any serious injuries before heading to KC next week, hopefully with a healthy Thielen on hand.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah they didn't take Buffalo seriously last year and competely dumped the bed as a result. Fortunately, it doesn't seem like this team is taking any teams lightly this year. Thielen being out plus AP's return probably actually helped them realize they needed to keep it together going into the Washington game.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was UGLY but 6-2 looks good

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhodes looks toast. I can't see how MN keeps him next year, but not sure cap implications if he's cut

Keenum was just abusing him.

6-2

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. This is about exactly how I would have expected the game to go. No Thielen meant a signficantly more limited offense. I mean it was basically Cook, Cousins, and Diggs out there on their own in terms of legit offensive weapons on a short week. They were efficient enough on offense to get through the game, and the defense held their ground. I'm just glad they got the W without sustaining any serious injuries before heading to KC next week, hopefully with a healthy Thielen on hand.

Yeah the offense actually played really well, the OL just had their worst game in a while with flags or sacks in every key spot. Obviously the Diggs fumble didnt help either.

We never punted. So while its a little sad to only score 19, we were never really in jeporady of being shut down.

Rhodes on the other hand???? Massive concern.