• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2019 Season thread

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs Falcons-W
@ Packers-L
Vs Raiders-W
@ Bears -L

@ Giants-W
Vs Eagles-L
@ Lions-L
Vs Redskins-L (prime time game, automatic loss)

@ Chiefs -L
@ Cowboys-L (prime time game, automatic loss)
Vs Broncos-W
Bye
@ Seattle-L (prime time game, automatic loss)

Vs Lions-W
@ Chargers-L (prime time game, automatic loss)
Vs Green Bay-L (prime time game, automatic loss)
vs Chicago-W

Damn, I'm only giving them 6 wins and I'm being charitable on the last game against the Bears.

6-10 or 5-11

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey sucks and it was a 5th round pick that would have probably been traded for three seventh round picks so who cares!

Bailey has been their best kicker since Blair Walsh's second season in 2013. Bailey definitely wasn't perfect last season, but he certainly wasn't as awful as what we had for many years at the position before him, either. Considering that and the fact that he was coming off of an injury last season, and I'm more than fine with sticking with him. The team is clearly incapable of finding their own guy in the draft or off the streets who isn't already well established coming to the team.

As far as your comment about draft picks go, unfortunately, you are correct. As long as Spielman is running the show, I doubt that 5th rounder would have amounted to much in the way of a trade regardless, what with his fetish for trading down and quantity ovee quality in the draft. I have maintained that Spielman is one of the most overrated drafting GM's in the league for like 5+ years now. Even if they keep Zimmer, they need to can Spielman once and for all if they fail to make the playoffs again. Honestly anything short of making it to the divisional round should be considered grounds to move on from the guy, but I assume his job is probably safe unless they suck again this year.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bailey has been their best kicker since Blair Walsh's second season in 2013. Bailey definitely wasn't perfect last season, but he certainly wasn't as awful as what we had for many years at the position before him, either. Considering that and the fact that he was coming off of an injury last season, and I'm more than fine with sticking with him. The team is clearly incapable of finding their own guy in the draft or off the streets who isn't already well established coming to the team.

As far as your comment about draft picks go, unfortunately, you are correct. As long as Spielman is running the show, I doubt that 5th rounder would have amounted to much in the way of a trade regardless, what with his fetish for trading down and quantity ovee quality in the draft. I have maintained that Spielman is one of the most overrated drafting GM's in the league for like 5+ years now. Even if they keep Zimmer, they need to can Spielman once and for all if they fail to make the playoffs again. Honestly anything short of making it to the divisional round should be considered grounds to move on from the guy, but I assume his job is probably safe unless they suck again this year.

Where da he11 you been?

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where da he11 you been?

Mostly trolling Packers and Bears fans IRL about how awful their offeneses started off the season. Like how Rodgers and Trubisky were making Kirk look like a top-tier QB talent out there tonight. They get really riled and defensive about that sort of thing. "B-b-but the defenses were just THAT amazing!!! Rodgers is the greatest QB of all time!!! Trubisky is the next Joe Montana, just give him another 5 years, you'll see!!!!! Waaaaah!!!!"

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0.

D made plays.

Didn’t have to pass much. Pass blocking/Kirk were meh. Run game was awesome.

Waynes is still hot trash.

Great first win

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0.

D made plays.

Great first win

This is actually exactly how I would typically envision this team succeeding with Cousins under center. Let the running game and defense control the games while our WR's/etc. prevent him from taking too big of a dump. Legitimately just having him be a great game manager while the rest of the team typically does the leg work.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1-0.

D made plays.

Great first win

Waynes played pretty well overall I thought...Falcons didn't do anything until they were in Soft Zone and picked on Kearse

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waynes played pretty well overall I thought...Falcons didn't do anything until they were in Soft Zone and picked on Kearse

Kearse got outta position too.

But every pass connection seemed to be some combination of Waynes or Waynes side of the field and a breakdown in cover on someone’s part.

He got beat for the TD and had the double penalty(1 was BS) and if Ryan didn’t under throw Ridley he’s beat again.

Don’t remember who was beaten on the Julio over throw.

I just haven’t seen him improve much.

He was my one real gripe for the game. Otherwise it was a tough W to complain about early.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ do I hate Cousins.....

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus christ do I hate Cousins.....

We have found common ground

This guy sucks.

Just a shame too because rest of the team is ready(aside kicker).

Just feed Dalvin all day.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is just brutal. The guy can just single handedly take his team on his back and will them to defeat.

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins is just brutal. The guy can just single handedly take his team on his back and will them to defeat.
Yeah, thought we paid this guy to win games for us, not lose them.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys...well, it wasn't really a good game, but you know what I mean...good luck until we meet again, but not too much

Simmion

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the radio for the entire game. PA and Pete had really good descriptions to say Cousins made many really poor passes and decsions. It painted a picture that he was mostly responsible. I mean 1st and goal from the 8 with the game on the line and trying to throw out the endzone but actually threw into 2 man coverage. When you throw out the endzone you freaking airmail it. You got 3 more downs to work with... I was a homer when it came to this signing. But I am losing it. It does make me feel sort of good that we CAN win these tough games in their house if we don't make these stupid plays.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to the radio for the entire game. PA and Pete had really good descriptions to say Cousins made many really poor passes and decsions. It painted a picture that he was mostly responsible. I mean 1st and goal from the 8 with the game on the line and trying to throw out the endzone but actually threw into 2 man coverage. When you throw out the endzone you freaking airmail it. You got 3 more downs to work with... I was a homer when it came to this signing. But I am losing it. It does make me feel sort of good that we CAN win these tough games in their house if we don't make these stupid plays.

He was bad. I honestly hope they let him walk after next year

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game guys...well, it wasn't really a good game, but you know what I mean...good luck until we meet again, but not too much

Thanks. GB refused to put us away after fast start. We refused to take advantage

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has to be our worst FA signing in a long, LONG time. They could have gotten the exact same thing - skills, age, and everything - by calling up Chrisitan Ponder to return. Except they could be paying like $3 million a season instead of fkn $28 mil.

Can Spielman when the year is over. I'm seriously over that overrated moronic excuse of a GM. He must be getting paid under the table by Green Bay and Chicago after half the bullcrap he's pulled here.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice dominating win vs Raiders

Vikings defense has been good 11/12 quarters they played, that one quarter doh.....

We paid 28 million for a slightly better version of Case, team is better when Kirk isn't needed.