• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2019 Season thread

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that doesn't mean I'm lock step with you.

At the end of the day, most HC's are judged by how well their QB does. MN has an average QB, making Zim look average. There is no perfect coach.

I think Spielman has overall done good job with roster management, sans QB. He can't pick a good QB going back to his days at Miami.

If we go with new GM, coach is likely to follow.

2017 was our year to strike, but were limited by Case Keenum and our defense failed on the 2nd biggest stage.

Zimmer is an average coach. We can complain about Cousins all we want. But at the end of the day, Zimmer gave up 26 points against a team playing without their starting QB, and the offense still managed to put up 23 points without Thielen. So I'm blaming Zimmer, his poor clock/timeouts management, and the defense for that loss more so than the offense. The offense could have been better, sure. But again, this team is supposedly built around Zimmer's defense first, with an offense that shouldn't have to score 4+ touchdowns every week to ensure wins, especially when it's a team playing with a guy like Mahomes out injured for the game. Even in a road game, a great defense doesn't give up 26 points in that type of situation wile expecting ~30+ from the offense to get them a win.

I'm still not on the Cousins bandwagon thinking he's some legend. But he threw for 220 yards, 3 TD's, and 0 INT's in that KC game. Yeah he could have had a better passing percentage, but I just can't blame the QB for a loss when he threw 3 touchdowns and turned the ball over 0 times including INT's and fumbles. Especially for a team that's supposed to have a top tier defense and was playing against a team with a their backup QB. And that was without Thielen. Can you imagine putting Teddy Bridgewater in the exact same position and expecting anything better from him despite the fact that he's done well with a great Saints team?

Last edited:

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikings bringing back Sendejo. Claimed off waivers...

unfortunate, but he hasn't been the same since he was knocked out in the playoff games against the Saints.

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be another tough one in Dallas Sunday night, based on trends, throw in Thielen and Linval OUT I don't see the Vikings winning this one

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waynes out and Hughes playing worse than Waynes ever could.

Not an ideal CB situation we got going on right now.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zimmer is such a goddamn dolt when it comes to late half/game clock management. Jesus christ.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE win. Absolutely needed that for our playoff hopes.

The secondary is abysmal but the offense is finding ways to win most of these games.

Kirk gets a real primetime W. Dalvin is a monster.

Can't let up next week vs an inferior team at home

bt08

Hoopla Cash
$ 788.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HUGE win. Absolutely needed that for our playoff hopes.

The secondary is abysmal but the offense is finding ways to win most of these games.

Kirk gets a real primetime W. Dalvin is a monster.

Can't let up next week vs an inferior team at home

D totally shut down Zeke so I guess if that was the game plan it worked. That being said pass rush was basically non existent and our DBs just don't make any plays. Both Hughes and Alexander blew 2 picks and guys just don't look for the ball, always chasing the play.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see the Vikings winning this one
Good win over the Cowgirls. I don't see the Vikings getting by the Packers to win the Division. I thought I would share a picture of the Packers...

B1YZC3WIgAAPQ0v.0.0.jpg

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vs Falcons-W
@ Packers-L
Vs Raiders-W
@ Bears -L

@ Giants-W
Vs Eagles-L
@ Lions-L
Vs Redskins-L (prime time game, automatic loss)

@ Chiefs -L
@ Cowboys-L (prime time game, automatic loss)
Vs Broncos-W
Bye
@ Seattle-L (prime time game, automatic loss)

Vs Lions-W
@ Chargers-L (prime time game, automatic loss)
Vs Green Bay-L (prime time game, automatic loss)
vs Chicago-W

Damn, I'm only giving them 6 wins and I'm being charitable on the last game against the Bears.

6-10 or 5-11
Vikes have already exceeded my expectations. I'm still in shock that they beat a team with a winning record, on the road, in prime time.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what happened to our pass rush our pass defense.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vikes have already exceeded my expectations. I'm still in shock that they beat a team with a winning record, on the road, in prime time.

I'd be lying if I said they haven't surpassed my expectations. After that Bears loss in Chicago, I had them for sure losing the Dallas, Philly, and Chiefs games. Then they go and beat Dallas with a winning record on the road on prime time (is that a first for Cousins?) with the offense playing well, stomped the Eagles, and lost to the Chiefs when they controlled their fate to win on their last offensive drive of the game.

It just sucks that we're dealing with a season where the Saints are steamrolling everyone even with their backup QB and Green Bay looks destined to win the division unless we win out plus they drop another game besides our rematch to give us the superior record. Because I'm pretty sure they would hold the tie-breaker if both teams finished at 13-3 due to their losses being against non-division teams while we dropped the one to Chicago.

I'm obviously getting way ahead of myself, here. 11-5 would be a successful season for them based on the realistic expectations they had going into the season. 11-5 with a wildcard round playoff win would be exceptional. Anything beyond that would be phenomonal.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kirk Cousins's stats so far for the year - 18 TD's, 3 INT's, 69.1 completetion %, 3 fumbles, 1 rushing TD. Finally got over the hump of winning a big primetime game against a winning team, and on the road now. He's never spent time out injured, either. Had 30 TD's to 10 INT's last year. Honestly, after the win in Dallas, and nearly beating KC, he has been mostly delivering on the expectations any reasonable person would have had when they signed him.

We knew we weren't getting Aaron Rodgers - we always knew we were signing a good QB who can be great when the team around him provides a decent supporting cast. He's not going to go beat great teams on his own while most of the rest of the team stinks up the joint, but he's still good enough to win if they aren't terrible. Yes, I believe he could win playoff games.

It's so easy to bag on the guy, but we've had literal crap at the position for 15+ years aside from him other than from the Favre year. Or they kept getting hurt. I'm just glad we don't have to see guys like Ponder, T-Jackson, Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, Case Keenum and his rainbow passes, or a one-legged Sam Bradford trot out there for us anymore.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the prettiest game but a win against a good team. Zimm took Zeke out of the game, kept Dak from running and made him have to beat them by throwing the ball. It worked. Cousin's played pretty well, Rudolph and Cook were off the hook. Nice job all the way around.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the prettiest game but a win against a good team. Zimm took Zeke out of the game, kept Dak from running and made him have to beat them by throwing the ball. It worked. Cousin's played pretty well, Rudolph and Cook were off the hook. Nice job all the way around.

I seem to recall a poster or two on this board whining about the Vikes resigning Rudolph because he's supposedly washed up lol

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I wouldn't say Rudolph was "off the hook," so much as he had a couple of nice and timely catches.

I seem to recall a poster or two on this board whining about the Vikes resigning Rudolph because he's supposedly washed up lol

I can't say that I blame them... Can't deny that he's lost a couple steps, though he was never fleet of foot, anyhow, and he was a never a big time blocker. But he rarely misses balls thrown his way. Can't deny that. Given his size and hands, nearly all balls are catchable for him, and he gets yards just by leaning forward when being tackled.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Rudolph was "off the hook," so much as he had a couple of nice and timely catches.

I can't say that I blame them... Can't deny that he's lost a couple steps, though he was never fleet of foot, anyhow, and he was a never a big time blocker. But he rarely misses balls thrown his way. Can't deny that. Given his size and hands, nearly all balls are catchable for him, and he gets yards just by leaning forward when being tackled.

I would take those 14 points on three catches anytime from Rudolph. One great catch, one contested catch. :thumb:

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have always used Rudolph like crap. They should be throwing to him on short yardage and endzone plays far more often than they ever have. Let's not forget that he scored the lone TD in that 2017 NFC championship game before they proceeded to get wrecked by Philly.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Xavier Rhodes is just fucking garbage. It amazes me how badly he gets burnt eveey damn play.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Getting bitch slapped by the broncos at home.......wtf

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhodes and Waynes SUCK

Zimmer basically has a job because hes supposedly a defensive guru.

If the D is gonna continue being this fucking bad he might as well just get the fuck outta here