• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikings 2019 Season thread

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rhodes looks toast. I can't see how MN keeps him next year, but not sure cap implications if he's cut

Keenum was just abusing him.

6-2

He's terrible.

McLaurin was making him his bitch.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just dont understand how people can say Tre Waynes is anything but terrible.

Fuck he sucks

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Waynes burned again

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a bad loss

Kirk was awful. Play calling with a lead was horrendous

MTVike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All those Moore fumbles and we can't pick up a one.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stupid timeout by Zimmer there at the end. Moore was rattled.

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins did what Cousins does. Choker special.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This teams ceiling is 10-6 and early playoff exit

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YAY, life as a fan of this team has sucked for 45 years!!

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This teams ceiling is 10-6 and early playoff exit

I've been saying that for 10 months now, and you and the rest of the circle jerkers on this sub insulted me and called me negative for it.

Kind of like when I called Treadwell bigger bust than Troy Williamson here. Got made fun of for it on this board, but 2 years later, the clown continues to prove me right lol.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that for 10 months now, and you and the rest of the circle jerkers on this sub insulted me and called me negative for it.

Kind of like when I called Treadwell bigger bust than Troy Williamson here. Got made fun of for it on this board, but 2 years later, the clown continues to prove me right lol.

Well that doesn't mean I'm lock step with you.

At the end of the day, most HC's are judged by how well their QB does. MN has an average QB, making Zim look average. There is no perfect coach.

I think Spielman has overall done good job with roster management, sans QB. He can't pick a good QB going back to his days at Miami.

If we go with new GM, coach is likely to follow.

2017 was our year to strike, but were limited by Case Keenum and our defense failed on the 2nd biggest stage.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a terrible performance.

Cousins was off again but like always it is the interior OL allowing constant pressure up the middle that has Cousins rattled. In the games they can block halfway decent, Cousins shines. In the games that they cant, Cousins wilts.

An absolutely failed offseason bringing in Bradbury to start at center and moving Elflein to OG. I still dont understand how they could have looked at Elflein and thought he could handle a guard spot. And I dont know how they could look at Bradbury and saw an instant starter in this league.

Hopefully in the offseason Bradbury can get functionally stronger. But like Elflein, I kind of doubt it. But Elflein needs to be replaced or shift back over to C where his lack of strength cant be abused as often. Honestly if Bradbury was a 3rd round pick, he would have already been benched. Kind of surprised that Zimmer has allowed this to go on for so long. Although Dozier hasnt looked much better so maybe that is the reason. And Dru Samia must be a bust in the making if they havent even thought about trying him out there with the type of horrific interior OL play we have seen once again this season.

And it certainly doesnt help the situation that Denver, Green Bay and New Orleans all look like they drafted pro bowl type interior OL about 20-30 spots after the Vikes drafted Bradbury.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not gonna make fun of ya but you are wrong, Williamson was the bigger bust, drafted higher and was suppose to come in and be a #1 oh and he was suppose to be the replacement for Moss...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the brightside, Treadwell actually looked good yesterday

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not gonna make fun of ya but you are wrong, Williamson was the bigger bust, drafted higher and was suppose to come in and be a #1 oh and he was suppose to be the replacement for Moss...

I mean, I hear what you're saying. The expectations the team specifically had for him were absolutely insane. But even back then when he was drafted, I distinctly remember everyone except the Vikings organization themselves thinking they were fools to draft Williamson with the intention of having him replace Moss. He was just another track star with close to Olympic level speed whose college football career didn't even really warrant anything beyond a 2nd round draft spot, and everyone with any sense that wasn't desperate to replace a talent like Randy Moss knew that. Treadwell on the other hand, was drafted like 15 picks further down the line than Williamson was, and had a college career that had a majority of people thinking it was a smart selection at the time. He was supposed to be the polar opposite of Williamson - not super athletic freak like Williamson was, but was supposed to have the fundamentals down and be a reliable possession receiver type guy.

So you're correct in that Williamson was a bigger bust in terms of not being able to live up to the Vikings absurd expectations of him replacing Moss. But, that expectations was extremely stupid of them to have even at the time, as most other teams would have had him pegged as a late 1st rounder at best. So by the more reasonable metric his expectations *should* have been placed at, I still think he was better than Treadwell. At least Williamson had a small handful of memorable plays, like that time he ran a screen/short pass ~50 yards up field in Baltimore once. All I remember Treadwell for was making 3 or 4 really nice catches that made you wonder why he could never get it together consistently, and fumbling a clean pass from Cousins away shortly after scoring his one and only ever NFL TD in Green Bay in 2018.

It's really semantics though. They were/are both terrible busts that I'm sure we'd all love to forget. Fun fact for anyone who didn't know it, but Mike Tice was actually against drafting Williamson and wanted to draft Demarcus Ware with that pick. It's one of those things that always made me think he probably wasn't as bad of a coach as we all thought he was back then. Dude did manage to have two winnings seasons, one 0.500 season, and a playoff win under his belt during the 4 full season he coached under that dumpster fire Red McCombs and company regime.