• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vikes fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I told one of the guys in the department about this yesterday - he's a baseball fan, not into football, but such a loyal Pittsburghian he won't let me say anything nasty about the Steelers - and how the NFL has this pickup service where they'll come pick you up AND YOUR CAR and will drive you and it home for free and he was just as appalled as I was that none of them ever seem to use it :L

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what the Buccs did for most of the game IN Seattle. Week to week league. You guys have some momentum. Definitely possible. Especially if you get the same decent QB play you got last week, no matter who starts.

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at what the Buccs did for most of the game IN Seattle. Week to week league. You guys have some momentum. Definitely possible. Especially if you get the same decent QB play you got last week, no matter who starts.

Yeah, we'll see. Sounds like Ponder is "questionable" with a dislocated shoulder so it doesn't sound good for him. The latest I have heard is that Frazier is leaning toward Freeman right now and that doesn't sound good either.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as you guys run the ball and not pass it like mad, Freeman shouldn't be a terrible drop off. Seattle has had a problem stopping the run lately, so there is an opportunity there.

I didn't see the game the Vikes had against the Gnats, but wasn't the pass/run ratio totally skewed? And wasn't the issue over throwing his man? With Seattle's secondary, that would be a god awful game plan, when you have AP on your roster.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
As long as you guys run the ball and not pass it like mad, Freeman shouldn't be a terrible drop off. Seattle has had a problem stopping the run lately, so there is an opportunity there.

I didn't see the game the Vikes had against the Gnats, but wasn't the pass/run ratio totally skewed? And wasn't the issue over throwing his man? With Seattle's secondary, that would be a god awful game plan, when you have AP on your roster.

This will be crucial, if they have any hope it'll be with AP.
And maybe see if the defense can force a punt now and again...;-)

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Freeman has a bad problem with overthrowing. AP will have to be the man.

I remember what he did against Seattle last year...

Last edited by a moderator:

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't even know what to say, Christian "Laettner" is not the future, please stop playing him!

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't even know what to say, Christian "Laettner" is not the future, please stop playing him!

I say play him out. He's our best shot at a good high draft pick to replace him. Time time for giving up on him and starting Cassell or anyone else is long gone with the season already over for them.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is there is no cant miss QB waiting early in the draft.

NorthernLights88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with that is there is no cant miss QB waiting early in the draft.
Then get the highest draft pick possible and draft by BPA. I'll be honest, I don't keep up with college football almost at all. Is Clowney still likely to go #1 overall? I say if it can't be a QB, then take the most "can't-miss" player on the board, period. They really need to get their crap together on the QB thing and try to look for unexpected treasures, even though it's hard and never a guarantee. Obviously, the Seahawks and Patriots got great QBs that were not expected to be as good as they turned out to be in the NFL. Even if it means trading back up into the 1st to get a second 1st rounder to draft a guy, I don't care what it takes, they need to find a guy they like and go after him. I know that didn't work out with TJax, but I don't ever remember anyone thinking he had any shot at being a good QB, and they took him a couple rounds sooner than he was probably going to go anyway.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
Well Frazier is going with the hot hand...Ponder to start against the pack.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I know, that floors me.
Maybe they thought if they brought him in it would push Ponder to step it up. Worth the 3 mil if it had worked I suppose.
But to start Freeman after having 6 days in the system, then completely ignoring him after Ponder shows no signs of developing into a starter leaves me scratching my head.

ladyrockess

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then get the highest draft pick possible and draft by BPA. I'll be honest, I don't keep up with college football almost at all. Is Clowney still likely to go #1 overall? I say if it can't be a QB, then take the most "can't-miss" player on the board, period. They really need to get their crap together on the QB thing and try to look for unexpected treasures, even though it's hard and never a guarantee. Obviously, the Seahawks and Patriots got great QBs that were not expected to be as good as they turned out to be in the NFL. Even if it means trading back up into the 1st to get a second 1st rounder to draft a guy, I don't care what it takes, they need to find a guy they like and go after him. I know that didn't work out with TJax, but I don't ever remember anyone thinking he had any shot at being a good QB, and they took him a couple rounds sooner than he was probably going to go anyway.

Clowney has had too many knee injuries to go first overall, I should think.

2014 NFL Mock Drafts - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com

This draft has us getting Clowney...or Manziel. But as an Aggie...I almost want Manziel to stick around another year...but as a Viking I'd love us to get someone as exciting and electrifying as Manziel. He's just too much fun to watch, you know?

Status
Not open for further replies.