• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Video - 9ers offensive plays

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Interesting to rewatch to help evaluate why we suck so much on offense.

[YOUTUBE]2WQb_OgrPRM&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5:40 gore showed some burst

7:00 ROFLMAO

why was snyder and rachel rachel rotating so much? go with one, i mean go with snyder. or move davis inside and start boone at RT?

the last play of the 1st half really is what ticks me off with this offense.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
:23 1st sack - Smith had a lane and he had Crabtree wide-open! Why he did not pull the trigger is beyond me. Crabtree doesn't run a very tight route and if he was hot he probably hits his break a step late, but the play was there and should have been executed.

1:55 Crabtree's block for Vernon is a thing of beauty! I cannot recall the last time I saw such poise, balance and athleticism. Click through to see grace in action.

6:43: 2nd sack - Gore may have come free little late and Smith would have taken a shot but the play was there and Gore had daylight and blockers.

Overall, what a mess. a few bright spots amongst a sea of darkness.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:23 1st sack - Smith had a lane and he had Crabtree wide-open! Why he did not pull the trigger is beyond me. Crabtree doesn't run a very tight route and if he was hot he probably hits his break a step late, but the play was there and should have been executed.

1:55 Crabtree's block for Vernon is a thing of beauty! I cannot recall the last time I saw such poise, balance and athleticism. Click through to see grace in action.

6:43: 2nd sack - Gore may have come free little late and Smith would have taken a shot but the play was there and Gore had daylight and blockers.

Overall, what a mess. a few bright spots amongst a sea of darkness.

i noticed smith didn't throw a couple times when crabtree was open. after crabtree made that nice catch smith started sending more balls his way. i just don't think smith has a lot of confidence in crabtree. hopefully they develop some chemistry now that crabtree is healthy

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i noticed smith didn't throw a couple times when crabtree was open. after crabtree made that nice catch smith started sending more balls his way. i just don't think smith has a lot of confidence in crabtree. hopefully they develop some chemistry now that crabtree is healthy

I noticed the same and I completely agree with you.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember if it was this game or the one before where Crabtree had a really awful drop. It might have been on a third down and would have been good for a first.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't remember if it was this game or the one before where Crabtree had a really awful drop. It might have been on a third down and would have been good for a first.

It was against Cincy, he didnt play against Dallas and in against seattle he left early.

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was against Cincy, he didnt play against Dallas and in against seattle he left early.

The ball hits him right in the damn chest and he still can't catch it...:L

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
49ers vs Bengals - 2nd Half Offensive Plays

Last edited by a moderator:

lurker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hi! Newbie here, I just want to share some of the things I noticed on the sacks:

1st Half

Sack #1: The QB identified the blitz during pre-snap correctly. As soon as the ball was snapped, he immediately looked at the split end (watch the QB's head, watch the WR at the top screen, ~30.5 sec mark) for a quick throw, but the receiver was not paying attention and wasn't even looking at the QB. QB quickly scans to his left but his flanker and tight end were covered. The right-most blitzer easily beats the right tackle with an inside move for the sack. Time in pocket - a little under 3 secs.

Sack #2: Cincinatti rushes with four linemen against San Francisco's seven blockers. San Francisco receivers seem to all run slow developing routes. DE and DT on the left side stunts. LT and LG choose to block the DE rushing inside and the C tries to get a hand on the DT looping to the outside left (past the LT and LG). Nobody engages the DT and he easily picks up the sack. Play duration - a little over 3 secs (6:45 - 6:48).

2nd Half

Sack #3: Cincinatti rushes with four linemen against San Francisco's five blockers. QB looks to the split end, waiting for him to get open but the LT gets beaten badly by the DE's bullrush. QB is sacked just as the receiver makes his cut to the outside. Also, the motioning tight end was open the entire time. Play duration - around 3 seconds (3:43 - 3:46).

Sack #4: Cincinatti rushes with 3 linemen against San Francisco's five blockers. In less than 2 seconds, both the LT and RT get beaten by the DE's and the QB is flushed out of the pocket. The QB tries to scramble for some yardage but is tripped up by the DT. Play duration - almost 5 seconds (5:57 - 6:01).

Sack #5: Beautifully executed zone blitz by Cincinatti. Six defenders show blitz but only five rush in. Outstanding rip move by the blitzing linebacker #51 on the right side, the blocking fullback had no chance. The running back's block on the other blitzer to the right was atrocious. The QB is sacked right after the play-fake. Play duration - a little over 3 secs (6:24 - 6:27).