• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very Early 2024 Patriots Draft Talk

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I think there are two maybe three that go in the top 15 the question becomes what can you get in trade and how many places are you willing to move down? And then as you eluded to you take a chance that third OT will be gone
I'm bad at the value of draft picks, not something I have looked at a lot but have started to recently.

One chart I looked at has #4 at 1800 ...points?
The 16th pick is 1000 and the 21st is 800. Pick 10 is 1300 and pick 40 is 500.
So could Bill pick up a draft capitol and still stay top 10? Absolutely.
How much value is there on the same 2025 draft picks vs this year? I would say theoretically less, because you don't know how far a team making the trade will climb up or fall down.
Could he grab an extra first round pick for next year?

Then there is position vs need. if you need O-Line and it is a strong year with lots of good solid o-lineman then the picks have less value because it's easier to grab a dependable player. but if it is a weak WR year and you NEED a WR, then there is much higher value on those early picks because the available talent will be depleted quickly.

I've read 2 mock drafts lately, one has NE taking Fashanu from Penn state at 5 with Alt going a couple picks later. The other has Arizona taking Fashanu and NE taking Alt at 5.

The unanswerable question of course is "How Good Will They Be".

If Harrison Jr is as good or better than his father, you take him. if he is not you can pass.
If Maye is there and you feel he is "The Answer" Take him. Plan on taking him or Harrison and attack the other positions in FA. Literally ATTACK the positions.

Go Ugly. Go Early.
Start flooding agents phones and inboxes as soon as the season is done.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm bad at the value of draft picks, not something I have looked at a lot but have started to recently.

One chart I looked at has #4 at 1800 ...points?
The 16th pick is 1000 and the 21st is 800. Pick 10 is 1300 and pick 40 is 500.
So could Bill pick up a draft capitol and still stay top 10? Absolutely.
How much value is there on the same 2025 draft picks vs this year? I would say theoretically less, because you don't know how far a team making the trade will climb up or fall down.
Could he grab an extra first round pick for next year?

Then there is position vs need. if you need O-Line and it is a strong year with lots of good solid o-lineman then the picks have less value because it's easier to grab a dependable player. but if it is a weak WR year and you NEED a WR, then there is much higher value on those early picks because the available talent will be depleted quickly.

I've read 2 mock drafts lately, one has NE taking Fashanu from Penn state at 5 with Alt going a couple picks later. The other has Arizona taking Fashanu and NE taking Alt at 5.

The unanswerable question of course is "How Good Will They Be".

If Harrison Jr is as good or better than his father, you take him. if he is not you can pass.
If Maye is there and you feel he is "The Answer" Take him. Plan on taking him or Harrison and attack the other positions in FA. Literally ATTACK the positions.

Go Ugly. Go Early.
Start flooding agents phones and inboxes as soon as the season is done.
And the draft being heavy with OTs make me think if Harrison Jr is there you take him, then of course there is the Belichickian Curse of WRs. Also, what is the drop off in talent after the top 3 OTs, and how many can play LT? This current post Brady rebuild appears to have failed on a lot of levels, almost as if we are back to ground zero. If ground zero is the starting point I advocate for draft capital.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM For a day, draft day. Sitting at # 4 the following players are on the board.

Alt OT
Harrison Jr WR
Maye QB

Who you taking or are you trading for draft capital?
I'm taking Maye. This may be the last time in many years we get a shot at a top QB.
By the way, Onwenu is staying at RT for the foreseeable future. He was rated as the top OT in the last few games.....

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the draft being heavy with OTs make me think if Harrison Jr is there you take him, then of course there is the Belichickian Curse of WRs. Also, what is the drop off in talent after the top 3 OTs, and how many can play LT? This current post Brady rebuild appears to have failed on a lot of levels, almost as if we are back to ground zero. If ground zero is the starting point I advocate for draft capital.
I see this year as being very full of good OT's - especially in 2nd and 3rd tier.
Top heavy at QB
I have not paid much attention to WR's yet.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm taking Maye. This may be the last time in many years we get a shot at a top QB.
By the way, Onwenu is staying at RT for the foreseeable future. He was rated as the top OT in the last few games.....
Do you feel Maye is the type QB that can play today's style NFL or more BBs style NFL?

cheerupcharlie

Correcting BK on the daily
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GM For a day, draft day. Sitting at # 4 the following players are on the board.

Alt OT
Harrison Jr WR
Maye QB

Who you taking or are you trading for draft capital?

If Maye is there you have to go QB. But passing on Harrison Jr. would be tough. Many have him rated the best player in college. He’s the highest rated WR to come out in a long time. Rated higher than Jamar Chase of the Bengals. To have an elite playmaker on offense would be awesome.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Maye is there you have to go QB. But passing on Harrison Jr. would be tough. Many have him rated the best player in college. He’s the highest rated WR to come out in a long time. Rated higher than Jamar Chase of the Bengals. To have an elite playmaker on offense would be awesome.
Yeah I am leaning toward WR if he is there, if not I am torn on potential franchise OT or QB. So many QBs do great in college but at the next level the defense are so complex the game so fast that the skill sets don't always transfer.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I say Oline, I have read Harrison Jr may be the best player coming out of college on a few sites.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I say Oline, I have read Harrison Jr may be the best player coming out of college on a few sites.
Yeah I suspect he will be off the board when we draft. Which may be a blessing based on our history.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I suspect he will be off the board when we draft. Which may be a blessing based on our history.
It's not like Bill makes good receivers bad, he just doesn't recognize bad and sometimes over values what he feels may be a hidden gem.

My feeling is Harrison Jr will not be a bust and he will be an asset to whomever drafts him, even Bill.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you feel Maye is the type QB that can play today's style NFL or more BBs style NFL?
"Drake Maye has everything you look for in a pro QB, he's 6-4 and 220lbs with the frame to add more weight, has a rocket arm, is an elite runner, and is able to make every NFL throw. In 2022 he demonstrated he could take everything the defense could throw at him and play at an elite level even with poor offensive line play. Maye however currently looks a little raw (predictably given just one year of play) and needs to improve the speed at which he moves through his progressions - hopefully, this will come with time.

If in 2023 Maye can repeat the outstanding year from 2022 while showing improved processing he could easily challenge Celeb Williams for the first overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft."

Belichick typically likes QB's that have 4 years experience - Maye does not.....

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is destined to be a star in whatever system he is installed in.
Wow that's saying a lot, just remember Ryan Leaf and JaMarcus Russell when making proclamations of that magnitude

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very strong argument to grab Harrison. He's lived his entire life with a HOF WR father. Je knows, understands and acts exactly the way a pro WR should and he's done it in college with college level QBs.

I honestly don't think BB will be drafting, just my gut. Whoever is drafting will grab Harrison and be looking to make some kind of move to get a new QB. Maybe offer up 2023 3rd and 2024 1st if someone is available and the team that he's dealing with doesn't want to take anyone in the 2024 first round. Just don't take a midget.

As much as I want an OT, gotta take a top QB if he's sitting at #5. If the Patriots keep going like they have, might get up to #2 or #3.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a very strong argument to grab Harrison. He's lived his entire life with a HOF WR father. Je knows, understands and acts exactly the way a pro WR should and he's done it in college with college level QBs.

I honestly don't think BB will be drafting, just my gut. Whoever is drafting will grab Harrison and be looking to make some kind of move to get a new QB. Maybe offer up 2023 3rd and 2024 1st if someone is available and the team that he's dealing with doesn't want to take anyone in the 2024 first round. Just don't take a midget.

As much as I want an OT, gotta take a top QB if he's sitting at #5. If the Patriots keep going like they have, might get up to #2 or #3.
I really think he will be off the board unless we lose the rest of our game. He is top 5 off the board I see him as top 3. At that point based on depth at OT this year I guess we go QB.