• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Very Early 2024 Patriots Draft Talk

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow I was just reading about Pratt at lunch time and bam you post this. Which to me begs the question if Pratt and Ward have that potential wouldn't it make sense to get that OT early or Harrison if he falls.
The article showed 3 QB's and the only 1 I liked was Daniels.
The OT's are ranked very differently depending on the site. I suspect that unlike last year, there will be a lot of value for OT in 2nd and 3rd rounds. I like Latham but he is not a 1st round pick in my mind because he should play RT.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill is going to be under real pressure no matter where the team drafts.

Latest polls of Boston sports fans has 55% wanting a QB with the first pick. 24% want a WR. 18% want an OT.

I laugh because the ongoing NBC Sports poll changes constantly. Looks like some people are trying to vote fifty times an hour to keep the poll where they want it. It doesn't give total calls.

Bill being Bill, he will draft a Linebacker just to be able to say that no one tells him who to draft.
A lot of that is because so man fans don't actually watch the game or understand the game.

They buy a T-Shirt because it's in and watch to see how many sexy throws downfield there are.

O-Line is never sexy, but you can't win without it.

Now, lets go ask Trent Dilfer if you can win a Super Bowl without a great QB.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm okay with a project or backup if the project or backup has a high ceiling, in fact it could be a win. We have Mac for two more years if we choose. Let's say we take that high ceiling project prospect and he pans out. Then Mac has a killer season year 4. That offers a lot of potential. We cannot have that must win now at all cost mentality or we become the Cowboys
This. They must plan long term and build for the future or they will become the Browns drafting a new QB with the first overall pick every other year.

And a new WR on the odd years.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The article showed 3 QB's and the only 1 I liked was Daniels.
The OT's are ranked very differently depending on the site. I suspect that unlike last year, there will be a lot of value for OT in 2nd and 3rd rounds. I like Latham but he is not a 1st round pick in my mind because he should play RT.
There is an OT out of Arkansas tore and ACL this year, super athletic really good prospect if the ACL heals up. They way they do ACL now a day there is a good chance he will be ok. I can't remember his name at this moment I was reading up on him at lunch

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This. They must plan long term and build for the future or they will become the Browns drafting a new QB with the first overall pick every other year.

And a new WR on the odd years.
Yes Sir

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is an OT out of Arkansas tore and ACL this year, super athletic really good prospect if the ACL heals up. They way they do ACL now a day there is a good chance he will be ok. I can't remember his name at this moment I was reading up on him at lunch
Sorry Arizona

Jordan Morgan
OT Arizona
Height: 6 - 4 | Weight: 311 | RAS: N/A
There might not be a more athletic tackle in the nation than Jordan Morgan. He was likely set to be a first-round pick in the 2023 class before tearing his ACL in November. He returned to school to prove he's healthy.
If Morgan is healthy, he's a fantastic prospect. Morgan takes initiative when blocking and owns most reps because he's so in control of his body. He has great lateral agility and timing with his hands. There's room to improve the angles he'll take in pass protection and handling bull rushes, but those are more technical tweaks t

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jordan Morgan
OT Arizona
Height: 6 - 4 | Weight: 311 | RAS: N/A
If he stays healthy and goes to the combine and is in the middle. Where would he sit in the draft?
This is where Scar used to be the best. He never went to a Combine. He called individual OL and went to work them out on a high school field.
Wonder if Klemm will follow suit and work guys out privately and use his knowledge to grade them in or grade them out?

I still want an LT first. I wanted one last year and was screaming for a free agent pick up.

Hell, If he can trade down, no lower than 12, pick up a second or third, this draft could be pivotal.

I know he's 30, but if Bill could get Donovan as a free agent, that would take care of LT for say three years while one is found to take over in 2026 or 27. Re-sign Owenu and that takes care of RT. The line would be Donovan, Strange, J. Andrews, Sow and Owenu for 2024.

Then wait until the third round before picking up Morgan and give him time to find his place.

That opens the first pick for a QB or WR, preferably a QB.

Someone mentioned having Mac for two more years. Do you honestly think that BB is going to watch Mac at QB for $3.5M in 2024band give him a $32.5M bump in 2025? Those fifth year options are generally picked up with 4 year $160M guaranteed extension attached. I can't see Mac as the Patriots' QB now through 2029. I don't think Bill will pick up the option. Therefore, I expect to see Bill grab a QB in Round 1 or 2.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way things are looking, QB seems to be priority. We have nothing there.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the game against Alabama, Daniels is no longer a secret and neither is Penix after his game yesterday.

Caleb, Maye, Penix and Daniels will all be vying to be the #1 pick.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who wrote the above doesn't have a clue.

He went QB, WR, CB, DT.

He didn't go OL until rounds 6 and 7.

Sorry, not very good at assessing team needs.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy who wrote the above doesn't have a clue.

He went QB, WR, CB, DT.

He didn't go OL until rounds 6 and 7.

Sorry, not very good at assessing team needs.
But QB WR and CB are real concerns. And DT Barmore hasn't really shown a lot Godcheux is a very mehhh okay if you leave DT. I am okay with QB WR CB DT

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It won't matter as long as Bill is still the GM... They won't get the players this team needs

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did Zappe or Cunningham play?
Nope, but maybe they should let them each start and finish a complete game. We have not seen enough from them, and really there is little to lose at this point.

Of course there are several problems, not just QB. Mac isn’t get much help with all the drops, but he misses many apparently easy passes or fails to see open receivers. Truth is he is regressing, is an INT / pick 6 machine and gets sacked too much because of the above.