• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Venus Williams: A Thread Appreciating a Marquee Player and Person

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Tiger Woods’ Wikipedia page says:

Earl, a retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran, was of mixed African American, Chinese and Native American ancestry. Kultida (née Punsawad), originally from Thailand, is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself one-quarter Chinese, one-quarter Thai, one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch. He refers to his ethnic make-up as “Cablinasian” (a syllabic abbreviation he coined from Caucasian, Black, (American) Indian, and Asian).

Lol@u butthurt that Tiger Woods is black

Get over it clown.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what Tiger Woods’ Wikipedia page says:

Earl, a retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran, was of mixed African American, Chinese and Native American ancestry. Kultida (née Punsawad), originally from Thailand, is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself one-quarter Chinese, one-quarter Thai, one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch. He refers to his ethnic make-up as “Cablinasian” (a syllabic abbreviation he coined from Caucasian, Black, (American) Indian, and Asian).

Lol@u butthurt that Tiger Woods is black
Get over it clown.

I don't intend on having thumb down wars with you for years, but at least be rational. If he is black, he is of the same ethnic percentage as his Chinese and Thai heritage. You see how this doesn't compute, right? Not being a smartass, just trying to use reason, not emotion. :suds:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't intend on having thumb down wars with you for years, but at least be rational. If he is black, he is of the same ethnic percentage as his Chinese and Thai heritage. You see how this doesn't compute, right? Not being a smartass, just trying to use reason, not emotion. :suds:

Wtf do u mean IF he is black?:L

Tiger-Woods-9536492-1-402.jpg

Dude is black. If someone had to describe him, everyone would describe him as black. I dont understand this game you all like to play. You see potentially the greatest golfer ever and it kills you to acknowledge he is black. You all do the same with Obama. Well, he has a white mother, so somehow he isnt black. :wtf:

When he was senator Obama, this wasnt even an issue. It absolutely kills some people, including you, to acknowledge successful black people. You people are either bigots or stuck in the 50s, and I dont know how old you are, but this is 2013. I know you hate that times are different, but thats the way it is. You do all you can to take away "blackness" from successful blacks. What a shame. Im glad most people arent like you. You're not trying to reason, you're trying to take away as much black as possible. Shit, everyone is mixed with something, that doesnt take away their main race or what most see them as.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wtf do u mean IF he is black?:L

Tiger-Woods-9536492-1-402.jpg

Dude is black. If someone had to describe him, everyone would describe him as black. I dont understand this game you all like to play. You see potentially the greatest golfer ever and it kills you to acknowledge he is black. You all do the same with Obama. Well, he has a white mother, so somehow he isnt black. :wtf:

When he was senator Obama, this wasnt even an issue. It absolutely kills some people, including you, to acknowledge successful black people. You people are either bigots or stuck in the 50s, and I dont know how old you are, but this is 2013. I know you hate that times are different, but thats the way it is. You do all you can to take away "blackness" from successful blacks. What a shame. Im glad most people arent like you. You're not trying to reason, you're trying to take away as much black as possible. Shit, everyone is mixed with something, that doesnt take away their main race or what most see them as.

It's clear that you want him to be black, I get that. It's understandable but it's inaccurate.

tiger-woods-mother-at-press-conference-021910-lg.jpg

Here he is with his mother. I have Thai friends and they are darkly complected. As you can see, so is she. Anyhow, I don't want to continue this nonsense with you. I made my point, you made yours. Agree to disagree.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's clear that you want him to be black, I get that. It's understandable but it's inaccurate.

tiger-woods-mother-at-press-conference-021910-lg.jpg

Here he is with his mother. I have Thai friends and they are darkly complected. As you can see, so is she. Anyhow, I don't want to continue this nonsense with you. I made my point, you made yours. Agree to disagree.

And its clear you dont want him to be black. Sorry, but dude is black. The only nonsense here is some idiot on a message board trying to lessen the blackness of one of the greatest athletes ever. If someone with his description robbed you, how would you describe him to a cop? Exactly. Same with the black president. I know it kills you that they are black but they are both black nonetheless. You would get laughed at in real life.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Venus Williams is one of the greatest players of all time. No one in the tennis world would disagree.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And its clear you dont want him to be black. Sorry, but dude is black. The only nonsense here is some idiot on a message board trying to lessen the blackness of one of the greatest athletes ever. If someone with his description robbed you, how would you describe him to a cop? Exactly. Same with the black president. I know it kills you that they are black but they are both black nonetheless. You would get laughed at in real life.

SO, a guy that is 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Thai, 1/4 black, 1/8 Native American and 1/8 Dutch, is black...I think you're confused on who would, and is, getting laughed at. Even when I try to bury the hatchet, you just can't be sensible. You want it sooo bad but it's just not the case. We will always disagree on pretty much everything. See ya 'round.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh and Venus Williams is one of the greatest players of all time. No one in the tennis world would disagree.

Yes she is, Serena is top 3. I don't deny they are great tennis players.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I used to root for both of them. I rooted for Serena over Venus, when they played each other. What got me, was them never, ever giving credit to an opponent when they got beat. The excuses were and to this day still, are never ending. Show a little respect for your opponent.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO, a guy that is 1/4 Chinese, 1/4 Thai, 1/4 black, 1/8 Native American and 1/8 Dutch, is black...I think you're confused on who would, and is, getting laughed at. Even when I try to bury the hatchet, you just can't be sensible. You want it sooo bad but it's just not the case. We will always disagree on pretty much everything. See ya 'round.

Your burying the hatchet equates to "agree with me". Sorry, your logic is stupid. You could make the same argument for just about anyone in this world as far as fractions. But at the end of the day, your main race is your main race. No one goes around claiming five different races. You wouldnt do this for just anyone, you only do it because its tiger woods. A middle class Tiger Woods down the street would just be another black guy. Think of all the blacks you know, NONE of them are completely black, yet you see them as black, but they arent famous are they, so u have no agenda to lessen their blackness. Sorry, but most people agree with me. Would u tell the cops that they need to look for a fourth chinese, fourth thai, fourth black, one eighth native american one eighth black guy? They would look at you stupid. And so would most people. Tiger is black, Obama is black, Halle Berry is black.

I know its hard to live with, but there are minorities who succeed in life.

HuskerCradle2Grave

Big Red in the Big Ten!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Golfers, athletes:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your burying the hatchet equates to "agree with me". Sorry, your logic is stupid. You could make the same argument for just about anyone in this world as far as fractions. But at the end of the day, your main race is your main race. No one goes around claiming five different races. You wouldnt do this for just anyone, you only do it because its tiger woods. A middle class Tiger Woods down the street would just be another black guy. Think of all the blacks you know, NONE of them are completely black, yet you see them as black, but they arent famous are they, so u have no agenda to lessen their blackness. Sorry, but most people agree with me. Would u tell the cops that they need to look for a fourth chinese, fourth thai, fourth black, one eighth native american one eighth black guy? They would look at you stupid. And so would most people. Tiger is black, Obama is black, Halle Berry is black.

I know its hard to live with, but there are minorities who succeed in life.

You're so off here. I have a 1/4 black nephew. He isn't black, he's a 1/4 black but I wouldn't love him any different, if he were all black...if that were possible. What I am arguing is on principle. If Tiger were an average golfer, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Neither of us would. Because he's considered the best right now, and one of the greatest ever, now he's black. :rollseyes:

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're so off here. I have a 1/4 black nephew. He isn't black, he's a 1/4 black but I wouldn't love him any different, if he were all black...if that were possible. If Tiger were an average golfer, we wouldn't be having this conversation. Neither of us would.

If Tiger were an average golfer, you wouldnt try so hard to make him non-black. Thats part of my point in the last post with regards to middle class down the street tiger woods.

Your nephew is 1/4 black. Well, I see now whats "most important" to you.

I know what race my father is. But its not something I try to break down in percentages. Well is he part this? Part that? I dont lose sleep over it. Im not obsessed with it. Same with my mother and everyone else in my family on both sides.

You wouldnt get 10% of this country to tell u tiger isnt black, same for halle berry. I dont get what your problem with hem being black is.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Tiger were an average golfer, you wouldnt try so hard to make him non-black. Thats part of my point in the last post with regards to middle class down the street tiger woods.

Your nephew is 1/4 black. Well, I see now whats "most important" to you.

I know what race my father is. But its not something I try to break down in percentages. Well is he part this? Part that? I dont lose sleep over it. Im not obsessed with it. Same with my mother and everyone else in my family on both sides.

You wouldnt get 10% of this country to tell u tiger isnt black, same for halle berry. I dont get what your problem with hem being black is.

Lol, is Blake Griffin white? Is Obama, white? Unlike you, I do care about my heritage. My mother is at least 1/3 Creek Indian. You don't think I would like to know about that part of my heritage? It matters to me. I guess to some, it's of no relevance. I am interested in such things. Sue me.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, is Blake Griffin white? Is Obama, white? Unlike you, I do care about my heritage. My mother is at least 1/3 Creek Indian. You don't think I would like to know about that part of my heritage? It matters to me. I guess to some, it's of no relevance. I am interested in such things. Sue me.

Have fun.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the kiddies for taking a thread about a tennis player's tennis and turning it into infantile race baiting and other stupidity.

Is there any way to just close this thread? Please? Can people who start threads request that?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to the kiddies for taking a thread about a tennis player's tennis and turning it into infantile race baiting and other stupidity.

Is there any way to just close this thread? Please? Can people who start threads request that?

My bad, dude. I think the OP can delete the thread but I've never tried or even know how to.