• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Venus Williams: A Thread Appreciating a Marquee Player and Person

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Vee's" next opponent is Simona Halep. I miss the "old" Simona Halep. :Cry:

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are a damn liar. I've never heard Vee or Ree make any excuses for losses. Venus could hardly move and she's still out there playing and getting beat by any and everyone and I've not heard her made an excuse once for any of those losses. So stop with the lies. You just don't like them because they kick your favs asses and they are winners.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the mush was fine. I feel my gorge rise whenever either of these two or their father are mentioned.
Well I guess your "gorge" hasn't gone down yet an it probably will not go down anytime soon because they are always talked about because they are winners.....so learn to live with your "gorge" up.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They've always come across that way to me. Richard is an absolute pos and ruined his daughters. But hey, they have more money than me so it's all good, right? :lame:

Ruined his daughters? Are you kidding me with that statement. Two successful respectable young women on and off the court. Not involve in any scandals, drugs (jennifer C), Martina Hingis, and her mother beating up on Martina's husband....are you kidding me. Do you know what the word "ruin" means?...All I can do is shake my head at that statement.:wtf2:

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But what is racist about what she said? She said a despicable thing that seemed to imply that the girl by getting drunk exposed herself to be raped. She claimed she did not mean to come across that way and apologized. Why do you attach color to it?

And she was actually correct. Why would one drink to the extent that they have no idea of what's going on around them or what is happening to them. BTW her comment was not despicable one bit and I am sure alot of people out there were saying the same thing. What was despicable about her comment?

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your response is the reason I said what I did. Black people, at least the ones I've personally encountered always come to the same conclusion. I am not racist. If you understood what that meant you would probably agree. Hating EVERY SINGLE person of a single race simply because they are of that race is utterly lacking in intelligence. I'm certainly not lacking there and I don't hate people due to skin color. I DISLIKE attitudes of individuals and don't lump all people together because of the attitudes of a few.

That might be a good lesson for you to learn, Etch.

Lol. Do you actually read what you post? You did exactly what you said you do not do by lumping Venus and Serena together and hating them by their attitude even though when I challenged you you sidestepped that:

"They both refuse to accept that they were beat by the better player in any given match. They make excuse after excuse for the reason they lost. They always lose because either the have a nagging injury or some other reason but never because the other girl beat them"

You said you do not hate people because of their skin color or lump them together because of attitude of a few. You hate because of attitude. But if that were the case why would you hate Venus when she is the epitome of class in tennis, never protested over calls, fought for equal prize money for all women, never gave excuses for her losses? Think. You are contradicting yourself because the only reason you hate them is because they are black regardless of how you cook it. Maybe there is a reason you come across as racist to blacks you come across. Remove the blinders.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And she was actually correct. Why would one drink to the extent that they have no idea of what's going on around them or what is happening to them. BTW her comment was not despicable one bit and I am sure alot of people out there were saying the same thing. What was despicable about her comment?

It was despicable because it excuses the animals and put the full blame on the victim. It was despicable because she implied the young woman deserves to be raped because she got drunk and put herself that way. That is not only asinine, it is despicable. Nobody deserves to be raped because she or he got drunk. It is the reason Serena herself reached out to the young woman and her family and apologized.

Apart from Vika, Serena is my favorite and I still support and love her. But Special, what she said is indefensible.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. Do you actually read what you post? You did exactly what you said you do not do by lumping Venus and Serena together and hating them by their attitude even though when I challenged you you sidestepped that:

"They both refuse to accept that they were beat by the better player in any given match. They make excuse after excuse for the reason they lost. They always lose because either the have a nagging injury or some other reason but never because the other girl beat them"

You said you do not hate people because of their skin color or lump them together because of attitude of a few. You hate because of attitude. But if that were the case why would you hate Venus when she is the epitome of class in tennis, never protested over calls, fought for equal prize money for all women, never gave excuses for her losses? Think. You are contradicting yourself because the only reason you hate them is because they are black regardless of how you cook it. Maybe there is a reason you come across as racist to blacks you come across. Remove the blinders.

Seriously, stop writing. You have no reading comprehension skills. Lets leave it at that. I can't write it and understand it for you. It's too much work.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was despicable because it excuses the animals and put the full blame on the victim. It was despicable because she implied the young woman deserves to be raped because she got drunk and put herself that way. That is not only asinine, it is despicable. Nobody deserves to be raped because she or he got drunk. It is the reason Serena herself reached out to the young woman and her family and apologized.

Apart from Vika, Serena is my favorite and I still support and love her. But Special, what she said is indefensible.

Again, you are a damn liar. She did not indicate that it was the young woman's fault and she did not excuse the animals who did it. Why do you find a need to lie so much does it make you feel better?

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, you are a damn liar. She did not indicate that it was the young woman's fault and she did not excuse the animals who did it. Why do you find a need to lie so much does it make you feel better?

http://http://msn.foxsports.com/tennis/story/serena-williams-at-fault-for-comments-in-rolling-stone-about-steubenville-r*pe-case-062513

I think you are quite ignorant to facts. Blindly defend her if you want but if that was your daughter who got raped, I would hope you wouldn't find her comments ok.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, stop writing. You have no reading comprehension skills. Lets leave it at that. I can't write it and understand it for you. It's too much work.

Wow. I do not have comprehension level? Any dispassionate observer can look at both our posts and see who has comprehension problem. You clearly stated and I quoted your own words that you do not hate anybody because of race. You only hate attitudes and I gave examples that everybody who has followed tennis for the past decade and more knows Venus as a class act. I challenged you to provide any evidence that Venus is not a class act. Because you have no answer you resort to claim I have no comprehension skills. This is comical were it not pathetic.

Liberal Icon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I am surprised that you call me a liar. You know me very well from ESPN board and I have defended both Serena and Venus many times against the outrageous diatribe from Madd and others. I am not a hater of Serena, never have been. I admire her greatly and it is a shame that you resort to calling me a liar just because I called her saying despicable. Indeed, I still believe what she said was despicable for which she herself apologized profusely.

I have a daughter who was raped when she attended an Ivy league college. And recently was informed by the authorities he has been released. Even though my daughter was walking late at night to her place which was not far from where she went she was not drunk. I resent anybody who thinks that she deserves to be raped because she put her herself in that position by walking home late within the same campus. Nobody has the right to r*pe anybody regardless of the victim's condition. Whether the girl drunk herself into stupor she does not deserve this and for this I stand by my statement.

special700

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am surprised that you call me a liar. You know me very well from ESPN board and I have defended both Serena and Venus many times against the outrageous diatribe from Madd and others. I am not a hater of Serena, never have been. I admire her greatly and it is a shame that you resort to calling me a liar just because I called her saying despicable. Indeed, I still believe what she said was despicable for which she herself apologized profusely.

I have a daughter who was raped when she attended an Ivy league college. And recently was informed by the authorities he has been released. Even though my daughter was walking late at night to her place which was not far from where she went she was not drunk. I resent anybody who thinks that she deserves to be raped because she put her herself in that position by walking home late within the same campus. Nobody has the right to r*pe anybody regardless of the victim's condition. Whether the girl drunk herself into stupor she does not deserve this and for this I stand by my statement.

That was unfortunate what happened to your daughter. She was walking home minding her own business and was attacked by an animal. Your daughter was not out guzzling down alcohol, even though that is no excuse for anyone to put their hands on anyone young woman drinking. However, that young lady should have been more aware that putting herself at harm by drinking so much and not being aware of what the consequences might be. I do not care how you put it no woman/girl should drink herself into oblivion with a bunch of men around her. She's not to be blame fully, but she also has a responsibility to herself to be more careful because they are a bunch of animals out there who will take advantage of her because of the state she's in and that does not give them the right to do it, but they do it anyway and that's why these young women should be more aware.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same with tiger woods.

This is what Tiger Woods’ Wikipedia page says:

Earl, a retired United States Army lieutenant colonel and Vietnam War veteran, was of mixed African American, Chinese and Native American ancestry. Kultida (née Punsawad), originally from Thailand, is of mixed Thai, Chinese, and Dutch ancestry. This makes Woods himself one-quarter Chinese, one-quarter Thai, one-quarter African American, one-eighth Native American, and one-eighth Dutch. He refers to his ethnic make-up as “Cablinasian” (a syllabic abbreviation he coined from Caucasian, Black, (American) Indian, and Asian).