• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Vance fired

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be shocked if Zac Taylor got a HC job in the NFL this year. He has to be a full time OC before that IMO. He is very young and so inexperienced but McVay, Gruden and Payton, Gase started out young too. I think this is more of a get to know and build a relationship with the guy for other possibilities down the line.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could it be that Munch is the target?

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Munchak is cutting edge either. It seems if we are wanting to go cutting edge it is Zac Taylor even though he isn't quite ready yet.

Elway seems to stay away from the college coaches. If he wants innovative that may be the place to go.

It will be interesting how things are when all the dust settles.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So of the existing coaching staff who do you think remains?

I am going to say that the following will return next year:
Joe Woods - Defensive Coordinator
Tom McMahon - Special teams Coordinator
Zach Azzanni - Wide Receivers Coach
Curtis Modkins - Running Backs Coach
Klint Kubiak - ????
Sean Kugler - Offensive Line - Guards/Centers
Chris Strausser - Offensive Line - Tackles
Mike Sullivan - Quarterbacks Coach
Bill Kollar - Defensive Line

Not sure about the others. I could see 1 of the 2 defensive backs coaches returning. Yiadom showed nice growth over the season.

Joe Woods stays only because I have a feeling we hire another defensive head coach and that will give Joe more time to develop. I think he shows flashes of being very good, but a bit more mentoring may help. Bring in Pagano or Fangio will give him some added time and mentoring.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why force any coaches on the new HC?
That’s what happened with VJ and McCoy,
Studes

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be the way we do it.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't it is necessarily true that a coach who has some miles on him - a guy with prior HC experience - it might be unfair to assume that he is stuck in some other era or cannot function in today's NFL ..

I don;t think any of these guys has said "I'm blind to what is going on and we're going to force my old philosophy"

Just to make a point, while he did it in another sport, when Pat Riley was with the Lakers, that was the Showtime Lakers who ran all over the court ... With Riley went to the Knicks, it was a complete 180 - that team was successful with tough, hard-nosed defense - a totally different approach and attitude ..

Offensive minded Gary Kubiak was our HC and he had Peyton Manning as his QB, and what wins that Super Bowl ??

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told a few weeks ago before Joseph was fired that Pagano was the front runner. Not sure how much I believe it. But it did happen before he was even interviewed for the job. I have this feeling it will be him or Munchuk. I pleas the 5th til we see what either can do. Havent done much for me yet but I find things I like about both enough to give it a chance and not let it ruin my love for my team.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox and Kubiak type. Yes, you can win with those types.

But to tell you the truth I want a great white shark coach.

I wish we would go through growing pains with a young aggressive coach that was from college ranks instead of going the route we are that is more like Myer and Shanahan.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was told a few weeks ago before Joseph was fired that Pagano was the front runner. Not sure how much I believe it. But it did happen before he was even interviewed for the job. I have this feeling it will be him or Munchuk. I pleas the 5th til we see what either can do. Havent done much for me yet but I find things I like about both enough to give it a chance and not let it ruin my love for my team.

I definitely believe that Munchak and Pagano are the front runners. We went young shiny and new with McDaniels and VJ. We went established and experienced with Fox and Kubiak. Which pair coached the Broncos in two Super Bowls? I think Elway ultimately follows the same mold. He's a creature of habit and this organization needs stability.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish we would go through growing pains with a young aggressive coach that was from college ranks instead of going the route we are that is more like Myer and Shanahan.

The fan base, including may here, do not seem to have any patience for a coach to go through growing pains. If we are going to go through the growing pains of a young coach then why did we get ride of Vance? He showed progress in 2018 over 2017. So if Vance was given the opportunity and showed half as much growth in 2019 would we be back to being a winning organization? We will not know what Vance could have done here.

If we are going to go through the growing pains of a young coach then everyone from the front office down has to accept it and communicate it so the fans know where we are giving a coach and staff time to work through growing pains then maybe the losses will be more accepted, but maybe not.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think if we hired Fangio or Munchak as the head coach with Taylor as OC and Pagano as DC? Pagano is not likely going anywhere but is a good defensive coach. Taylor would bring some cutting edge to the offense. Taylor then could maybe be a future HC in Denver.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fan base, including may here, do not seem to have any patience for a coach to go through growing pains. If we are going to go through the growing pains of a young coach then why did we get ride of Vance? He showed progress in 2018 over 2017. So if Vance was given the opportunity and showed half as much growth in 2019 would we be back to being a winning organization? We will not know what Vance could have done here.

If we are going to go through the growing pains of a young coach then everyone from the front office down has to accept it and communicate it so the fans know where we are giving a coach and staff time to work through growing pains then maybe the losses will be more accepted, but maybe not.

Because he was a mold of the Do all things well . He was not the mold I want .

I want Myer and Shanahan . I want wins . Why play if it not for winning .

Why we fired this coach? is simple .

Show me one time in his life he was a winner ?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think if we hired Fangio or Munchak as the head coach with Taylor as OC and Pagano as DC? Pagano is not likely going anywhere but is a good defensive coach. Taylor would bring some cutting edge to the offense. Taylor then could maybe be a future HC in Denver.

I could live with that. Stability at the HC position, possible innovation on offense and a good defensive coach with HC experience. Sounds like a good coaching team.

Two issues however:
  • Sounds like the Broncos want a coaching role for Kubiak
  • Not sure Taylor is ready to be OC or if he would want to leave a pretty good gig in L.A. I know that he's not an OC yet, so that would be a step up but the guy is getting HC interviews and may have his sights set higher.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he was a mold of the Do all things well . He was not the mold I want .

I want Myer and Shanahan . I want wins . Why play if it not for winning .

Why we fired this coach? is simple .

Show me one time in his life he was a winner ?

So you are good if we hire Chris Peterson and go 2-14 next year because he was a winner and these groaning pains are acceptable because he was a winner in college?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are good if we hire Chris Peterson and go 2-14 next year because he was a winner and these groaning pains are acceptable because he was a winner in college?

He will win he is a proven commodity. He is not wet behind the ears. He is a Man. He either wins the SB in two years or Sh#t can him!

He is the great white shark of Coaches he expects greatness from all players and IMO of himself. He does not go all out on passing he builds a team of running the Football and passing. He is not boring. Elway keeps coming up with boring.

Boring Will win SB's So I will not be pissed with it as long as we start out with a pedigree showing winning in the past and being damn fine at your job some were in the past.