• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UW Class of 2014 Recruiting Thread

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok I know you guys are on cloud 9 right now with your Hawks but sober up on Wednesday for LOI day, got a feeling were gonna all be happy with this turn around.....:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week just keeps getting better.

4 star OL/DL Kaleb McGary says he will be commiting to Washington. :suds:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week just keeps getting better.

4 star OL/DL Kaleb McGary says he will be commiting to Washington. :suds:

And is that the tipping point for the big one? Can it be possible we end up with 4 4* Kids in a month and a half long class?

I guess after the sports gods totally take a fat ass shit on us for over a straight decade it's time to get some good news in bunches.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appears UCLA, Oregon, and Washington will be finishing strong. The rest of the upper ranked PAC classes are pretty much finished right now.

I'm very confident in Budda Baker making the call to come to Washington on Wednesday. Almost every recruiting analyst is predicting that. But we'll find out for sure on Wednesday.

But lost in a lot of the signing week hype was the McGary commitment to Washington. At 6'7", I think it's clear that even though he's interested in exploring options at Dline and Oline, I think he's going to be groomed for the LT position. And if that's where he ends up, he's the true LT recruit we've been dying for, for years. Him committing to UW is really that big of a deal. He could end up that stud LT that we have for 2-3 years. Huge get for our future.

Another player who almost everyone is calling will commit to UW is WR Brayden Lenius. With his other two primary choices being Minnesota and Utah, I think we got this.

Chris Petersen will be holding a LOI day press conference at 3pm which is when he'll give a rundown of the class to the press.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really happy to hear that we landed McGary and our class really has shaped up strong all things considered. Scout.com has us at 37 nationally now.

Man McGary is a big boy. Yahoo has him listed at 6'9. With his size alone he could entice NFL scouts. Would be really interesting to put someone with his height on the defensive line if he could play it. Only problem is his height could be an advantage in disrupting the QBs vision inside, but could actually be a disadvantage in his attempt to get leverage.

I have a bad feeling about Budda Baker. I have a strong feeling he goes somewhere outside of Washington. I wouldn't be surprised if he suffers from "Get me out of Washingtonitis", coming out of HS I considered going to USC or Cal-Berkeley simply because I wanted to experience life outside of Washington. If he committed to Oregon initially, perhaps he is looking for a different experience. I guess we will find out on Wednesday. Either way it has been a great job by Petersen.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the creeps about the Baker thing.

When he decommitted from Oregon, I think it telegraphed a strong message he wished to stay closer to home. Not go even farther way down to UCLA.

Both Oregon and UCLA also had some serious churn to their coaching staffs on D side recently with both lost their DCs. That I think will also impact this situation.

I don't think Baker was interesting in attending UW with the uncertainty with Sark last fall. But with Petersen in place and spending the last month meeting and building relationships with the new staff, I think it's paved the way for this to happen.

UCLA is still very much in the mix due to Mora's pipeline and ties with Bellevue HS and also Myles Jack. I think they were able to present a very intriguing offer to him to go there and made a full press for him. I would not be shocked if he picked them on wednesday. But I still think he picks UW, especially with the new coaching staff, best facilities west of the rockies, and the location.

I don't think there is a remote chance of him choosing USC. (yahh, yahh, famous last words....)
But still think it's down to UCLA and UW.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't have the creeps about the Baker thing.

When he decommitted from Oregon, I think it telegraphed a strong message he wished to stay closer to home. Not go even farther way down to UCLA.

Both Oregon and UCLA also had some serious churn to their coaching staffs on D side recently with both lost their DCs. That I think will also impact this situation.

I don't think Baker was interesting in attending UW with the uncertainty with Sark last fall. But with Petersen in place and spending the last month meeting and building relationships with the new staff, I think it's paved the way for this to happen.

UCLA is still very much in the mix due to Mora's pipeline and ties with Bellevue HS and also Myles Jack. I think they were able to present a very intriguing offer to him to go there and made a full press for him. I would not be shocked if he picked them on wednesday. But I still think he picks UW, especially with the new coaching staff, best facilities west of the rockies, and the location.

I don't think there is a remote chance of him choosing USC. (yahh, yahh, famous last words....)
But still think it's down to UCLA and UW.

:agree:

When you have an established winning coach he can land anyone, and I'm not to worried about Baker, he want's to be here he will sign if he wants to play in lala land the best for him....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame="[MEDIA=twitter]430715096621256704[/MEDIA]"][/ame]

I was wondering what the logic was of announcing it during the parade for the Seahawks. Figured he'd have to move his time. Was hoping he would make it today and give all of tomorrow to the Seahawks, but there you go.

Last edited by a moderator:

leehawk7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Budda Baker picks the Dawgs! Great pickup by Petersen.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shot up to 37th on 247 sports as well today on this news. 30s for this class was my best case scenario for this year. Love it. Excellent job by the new staff in short time. Imagine what they can get done with a year and with how thick this years west coast talent pool is projecting to be.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We shot up to 37th on 247 sports as well today on this news. 30s for this class was my best case scenario for this year. Love it. Excellent job by the new staff in short time. Imagine what they can get done with a year and with how thick this years west coast talent pool is projecting to be.

Now lets get them all signed and see where the dust settles....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocked and thrilled to hear that Budda Baker has committed to UW! I will happily point out that I was wrong. After Sark took away most of the weak class we already had I was at best hoping to just get a full class of decent 2 to 3 star guys who could fill the roster until a better class next year, with the addition of Baker, McGary, K.J. Carta-Samuels and Hale, the Huskies have established an outstanding recruiting class in the little amount of time Petersen has had to recruit.

I feel that Petersen has quickly gone from a question mark in recruiting to an extremely dangerous threat as a recruiter in the PAC-12. The guy landed 4, 4 star prospects since January 22nd that (as far as I know) were not strongly considering UW when Sark was here.

Massively impressed with the class that Petersen has put together and as much as I abhor the recruiting process, I am excited going forward that Petersen is able to convince top talent to come to UW.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know what makes landing Baker even better?

The fact that he decommitted from Oregon and decided to go to UW instead :laugh3:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Makes it all the sweeter.

https://twitter.com/jlieb24/statuses/430895604244295681

https://twitter.com/buddabaker32/statuses/430887352236392449

https://twitter.com/CoachK_UW/statuses/430877328474796033

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GoHuskies.com will be providing all the LOI signing updates as they arrive tomorrow.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the past few months have just been Seattle sports heaven. Robinson Cano, Superbowl, Coach Petersen, couldn't get much better...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will end up 7th in class ranking in the conference, but the last 5 are well behind us. They are Cal, Oregon State, WSU, Utah and Colorado.

Stanford leads the Pac with UCLA and Oregon both pretty close (with a few possible changes pending) then ASU. USC and Arizona are not that far ahead of us. Arizona also has 4 4* kids. So the question is can Petersen and company do enough with the 2* and 3* kids to make up for the listed potential of some of the higher rated kids in those bigger classes and history says he should be able to.

He far surpassed my expectation for this class on paper. Now the hard work begins as he puts together his offense and defensive schemes and implements them with the current kids.

I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I just want wait for the kickoff to next season when we get to see what he puts together. I already paid for my season tickets and now all I can do is wait.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The faxes will start arriving at 7am tomorrow. Baker said his will be right in at 7. :suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the past few months have just been Seattle sports heaven. Robinson Cano, Superbowl, Coach Petersen, couldn't get much better...

Oh I don't know about that, maybe add:

a #3 and #4 pitcher to the staff plus a good bat that can play outfield for the M's

a frickn win against the Ducks this year in Eugene

Then it would be a perfect world!:suds:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure I'm not alone when I say I just want wait for the kickoff to next season when we get to see what he puts together. I already paid for my season tickets and now all I can do is wait.

If anyone can't see or feel that this is one of the biggest hires here in the Northwest that will end with some serious wins for the program, man I can't wait, I know I keep saying it, but we seriously got a version of Don James back and this program will be right back in the hunt year in and year out.....