• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USF Coach suspended over Aaron Lynch related tweet

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Maybe he wasn't going to say anything if Lynch didn't get drafted. I don't know.

You guys may have a point. Like I said, I don't know how these recruits think. I guess my mind doesn't work that way. I don't think it was cowardly at all. I thought it was the exact opposite. In fact, I think comments like those potentially help dumbass players (like Lynch was apparently) a ton more than tickling their egos with flattery (which is all they're used to hearing).

Did I say UCF? :doh: I don't know from whence that came. In my mind I was thinking Bulls, but I said UCF for some reason.

I would have an easier time considering it courageous if he did it prior to the draft, or if he'd gone on record previously with comments about other players (positive or negative).

But to take to twitter to bad mouth and organization and a player seems cowardly.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Apologies for the delayed response....been off the grid. Let me start by saying I have not read any of the posts after this....quite honestly my interest in this topic is waning. This may also be the classic "we'll have to agree to disagree".

Stripping all the bantering back and forth down, my core position is that in the absence of some kind formal school policy OR a history of issues with this employee resigning, being fired, losing your job, or whatever you want to call it seems way over the top to me. Not gonna change my mind on that.

Now...to address some of the other comments above I actually have some uncommon insight on the picture I posted.

I happen to entertain a booster for LSU on occasion through my job. He'll remain anonymous but let's just say Les has his picture on his wall and not the other way around. Big $$$ booster. That being said, he's a really nice guy and extremely down to earth. I happened to be at a corporate event ~30 days after this happened. I can tell you this did stir up a some folks at LSU and among supporters BEFORE the picture even got out. A lot of boosters were not happy with this sign and in fact said some (if not all) of the kids listed were being misrepresented. I have no idea of the actual truth and don't really care. The sign came down very shortly after the picture surfaced. It was clearly not an approved sign OR method to handle topics of this nature. The coach wasn't fired but he may have been disciplined. I don't recall all of the details of the discussion and I'm not going push my feeble memory beyond what I can actually recall. I agree they aren't exact comparisons but in both cases a coach made disparaging remarks about players with very differing impacts on the offending coach.

People do dumb things...we all make mistakes...in my opinion the punishment seems way more severe than the crime (again barring the disclaimers earlier in my post).

As for the remainder of your points, I'll surrender.....I actually regret making the post. Never would have started this if I thought it was going to turn into a manifesto. I come here as an escape not solve world hunger.

:suds:

I was going to respond to some of your points, but decided that like you, I don't care to turn this into a long debate. Just wanted to acknowledge that I read your post. I didn't want to come across as ignoring you.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to respond to some of your points, but decided that like you, I don't care to turn this into a long debate. Just wanted to acknowledge that I read your post. I didn't want to come across as ignoring you.

No worries. Respect.

:suds: