• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USF Coach suspended over Aaron Lynch related tweet

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

People are frighteningly sensitive these days. Nobody can take a bit of criticism (to their own peril).[/QUOTE

Yep....and everyone has a reason why it's "not their fault". Lack of personal accountability drives me bananas as well.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Social media is 50% smack talk or more. If everyone was fired for talking smack on social media, unemployment would be through the roof.

Would you talk shit about something that relates to your job and your boss for the world to see?

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if you can get suspended for saying OMG or Horrible. You can get suspend or fired for any thing on twitter these days. Freedom of speech is dying sadly.

What does freedom of speech have anything to do with this? Was he persecuted by the government?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like sour grapes to me. The strength and conditioning coach must have got into with Lynch and has a vendetta against him. If Taggert the HC and one of Harbaugh's best friend gave his blessing on Lynch that's all that matters to the FO IMO.

Sounds like Lynch must be a real shitbird.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
What does freedom of speech have anything to do with this? Was he persecuted by the government?

Very good point. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

It has everything to do with people being sensitive little bitches, but his civil rights were not violated.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would you talk shit about something that relates to your job and your boss for the world to see?

Let's see.....he didn't talk about his boss or his boss's company. He sort of spoke about an ex-employee going to another organization in an adjacent market. There's plenty of existing documented questions and concerns about the ex-employee so he's not letting any confidential information or new info leak. AND he said nothing more than he expected a higher level of scrutiny from the ex-employee's new employer based on their history of excellent performance. My only assumption is USF has a policy against tweeting in general. Not unheard of in today's world. I think the link between Harbs and his buddy must be a coincidence.

The NCAA and NFL use the media and social media all the time and the drafting process is information overload on every aspect of players lives. And his comments didn't affect Lynch's draft position. Seems like a mountain out of a mole hill.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Very good point. This has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

It has everything to do with people being sensitive little bitches, but his civil rights were not violated.

Maybe I missed most of the conversation, but who was being a sensitive little bitch?

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if it's about Donald Sterling (see Warriors board).

More evidence of why he's the only poster I currently have blocked on all of hoop. Unfortunately, I still see him when quoted.

And I'm not talking about SJ.

Last edited by a moderator:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Maybe I missed most of the conversation, but who was being a sensitive little bitch?

Whoever suspended Hans Straub (and subsequently asked him to resign in all likelihood).

And whoever (lots of whiney little weasels in academia I'm sure) instituted the policy that empowered 'em to suspend the guy for that tweet in the first place.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
More evidence of why he's the only poster I currently have blocked on all of hoop. Unfortunately, I still see him when quoted.

And I'm not talking about SJ.

Don't you worry. One wrong move on his part and I abuse my newfound powers that have already corrupted me!

Mr_Burns_evil.gif

I love perma'bans!

...Kidding Toby of course.

...or am I? :evil:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whoever suspended Hans Straub (and subsequently asked him to resign in all likelihood).

And whoever (lots of whiney little weasels in academia I'm sure) instituted the policy that empowered 'em to suspend the guy for that tweet in the first place.

Meh, the tweet wasn't that bad... But I suspect they shit-canned him for dissing one of Tampa's own... Coach Meat-head should probably not be trashing any kid from Florida, especially while they have have to compete with Da U, UF and FSU for in-state recruits... There is probably a reason why you don't see 'strength and conditioning' coaches getting much TV time during interveiws... lmao

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see.....he didn't talk about his boss or his boss's company. He sort of spoke about an ex-employee going to another organization in an adjacent market. There's plenty of existing documented questions and concerns about the ex-employee so he's not letting any confidential information or new info leak. AND he said nothing more than he expected a higher level of scrutiny from the ex-employee's new employer based on their history of excellent performance. My only assumption is USF has a policy against tweeting in general. Not unheard of in today's world. I think the link between Harbs and his buddy must be a coincidence.

The NCAA and NFL use the media and social media all the time and the drafting process is information overload on every aspect of players lives. And his comments didn't affect Lynch's draft position. Seems like a mountain out of a mole hill.

Did i say company or school? No i said his job and his boss(the HC). You don't think the head coach vouched for Lynch's character and integrity to the Niners? The employee is saying that either his boss is wrong or he lied to the Niners about Lynch. So I would imagine the boss doesn't trust his employee anymore after the tweet.

SeattleNinersFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Thank you! This is one of my pet peeves as so many people incorrectly believe that it means no one can hold you accountable for what you say. I would say WTF are we teaching our kids these days but unfortunately most of the people I see that fuck this up are middle age folks like myself.

:gaah:

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I skimmed through this retarded post. No offense to OP or everyone involved.

The strength and position coach needs to be held to a higher standard as a coach and role model to players. Sounds like sour grapes to me.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Check this out......think he was suspended? That's why LSU is LSU and USF is USF.

There are some farily important differences between the sign at LSU and what this coach did.

1. Presumably, Les Miles is aware of the sign at LSU and has approved it. This tweet was sent out, presumably, without the approval of the head coach. Football teams are not democracies. If you break from the approved message you should expect some degree of discipline.

2. The LSU sign was "in house" and was released to the public through a third party (presumably someone associated with an NFL team). You can argue that it was posted in 2012/13 and its "release" to the public was inevitable, but ultimately it was not a coach, who is subordinate to Miles, who released the information. In the USF/Lynch case the coach shared his opinion with the general public directly directly. Speaking of his opinion. . .

3. Presumably the players listed on the sign at LSU were missing workouts. That would then be a fact. There is opinion (lack character and motivation etc), but the sign is grounded in what is presumably an indisputable fact. The USF tweet is 100% opinion. He didn't bring any facts to the discussion.

4. The LSU sign is posted informing scouts the S&C coach will not answer questions regarding those players. Presumably the questions that the S&C coach are asked are related to workout numbers, dedication to working out and character. He has answered some of those questions(opinion-based ones) in his sign, and made it clear he won't discuss the statistical/fact questions. The USF coach is simply public bashing a player AFTER the draft. He may have shared his opinion with the Niners, and any other team, during the scouting process. He clearly has some grudge with Lynch though, that he has chosen to express pubically.

5. I don't remember any LSU coaches bashing Sam Montgomery last year.

6. Your comment "This is why LSU is LSU and USF is USF" is slightly off. It's not WHY. It's BECAUSE. This is BECAUSE LSU is LSU and USF is USF.

LSU can afford to put up signs like that because LSU's best recruiter is its history. USF doesn't have a history. They can't bring potential recruits to the facilities and show off National Championships. They can't walk down a hall with name after name of NFL players. There are currently 17 former USF Bulls in the NFL. The most (only?) notable is Jason-Pierre Paul. There are 53 LSU Tigers. I'm not even going to try to pick the most notable. USF has put a total of 56 players in the NFL in its history. The vast majority as undrafted FAs who may never have made a game day roster (this doesn't include this year's draft picks and udfa class).

LSU has nearly as many players in the NFL right now as USF has put in the NFL in the school's history.

USF has had a total of 2 first round picks in its history. LSU has had 38 (+4 in the AFL).

LSU will pretty much always land 4 and 5 star recruits. They will compete for the top talent in Louisiana, Alabama, Florida and Texas. USF at this point will fight with UCF, and possibly FAU for guys that don't sign with SEC schools first, and then don't get interest from the Big 10, Big 12, ACC and Pac 12.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you ever have anything nice to say? Just curious.

Notabout Lynch. if an adult cannot conduct himself in a proper manner he does not deserve to have anything good saidabout him.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only if it's about Donald Sterling (see Warriors board).

Ya, I really don't give a shit what Donald Sterling, or anyone for that matter, thinks, just what they do. Its their actions that count in my book.