• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much money would you lose if USC came to Tuscaloosa? I rest my case.

How much would they lose if they came to Cali versus taking that game in a neutral venue? I rest my case

In my scenario both teams get a win/win. In yours one gets expenses on one year versus a lions share the following.

In my scenario both teams are allowed to book a game in both years that could be a neutral site game that allows them to make good money both years versus only expenses in one year. Business sense doesnt seem to be a strong part of your acumen.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn what a USCw slurpfest this thread turned into. One might think that a game with Bama still over 2 years away is all these poor souls have had to feel good about for the past 5-6 years.

Thats what i have been thinking bino. To Bama we get to play USC in two years. To USC fans its like the day they introduced sliced bread:doh:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stated at least twice, that I don't think fear has anything to do with it. I think it's because they can get away with it because their fanbase will accept it and defend and/or excuse it.

As for you complaining about it. I'm sure you have. However, I've seen you claim not to like it while defending and making excuses for it. One of the ways that USC fans make their voices heard is by simply not showing up. That doesn't mean we aren't home watching the game or don't still love our team, it means we're not going to show up at the game and put money in the schools pocket for something we don't like.

Last season is a good example. I went to 2 games last year. One was pre-Kiffin getting fired and one was post-Kiffin. In the pre-Kiffin getting fired game, the Coliseum was a little more than half full and the crowd was the quietest I've ever heard. In the post-Kiffin game, the Coliseum was full and the crowd was very loud.

Do you see anything like that happening at 'Bama, ever?

And i dont go to these games generally. I did go to the Georgia Southern game a few years back because it was the first one i could get tickets for at a reasonable price and i had a friend who was a GSU fan that accompanied me as my guest. Simply not showing up doesnt work as Bama has way too many fans as does USC and the venue will fill up enough to not make a difference to the University.

It might now that we have Kiffin:lol:

Actually that was in jest, no i do not as long as Saban is putting a quality product on the field. What you saw was more a product of disgust for the Kiffin product and the infusion of new life in the team by the coach who took over than anything else. Yes, the fans voiced their disgust, but at not winning games and being the USC they love, not due to playing Podunk U. Bit of a different scenario that cannot be measured if the team is winning games. If Kiffin had won 90% of his games over the last several years and they were not showing up for Podunk u, then maybe i could support your argument but as for its present context, no i dont buy that the fans fully effected that overall change. Kiffins lack of winning and being on thin Ice had something to do with it as well.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How much would they lose if they came to Cali versus taking that game in a neutral venue? I rest my case

In my scenario both teams get a win/win. In yours one gets expenses on one year versus a lions share the following.

In my scenario both teams are allowed to book a game in both years that could be a neutral site game that allows them to make good money both years versus only expenses in one year. Business sense doesnt seem to be a strong part of your acumen.

Really? Lol. You think USC is spending less going to jerry world than just going to Alabama? Your excuses are laughable .

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Lol. You think USC is spending less going to jerry world than just going to Alabama? Your excuses are laughable .

How much will they make is the question numbers boy? The expenses are being covered plus a big payday as well, for both teams in a neutral site game.

A home and home one team gets its expenses covered and very little else after that except in personal ticket sales and if they work in a deal in the contract for a cut of another piece of a pie. Thats why home and homes are so profitable for the home team only.

A neutral site game benefits both parties equally in terms of payout and the overall winner is the network that setup the game due to advertising dollars and the local economy that hosts the game is also a big winner. Can you really be this unprepared for the answers to your own questions.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Say what you want. Try and spin it any way you want. The knowledgeable college football fan knows Playing Fresno State and Boston College in home and homes is waaaay different than playing Florida Atlantic and Western Carolina only at home.

Bad enough I had to correct you for calling Syracuse a home and home when they played at the Meadowlands. But now you are going to call Fresno St. a home and home....when is USC going to Fresno? 2032? Are Arkansas St and Idaho home and homes next year? lol.

Good thing you guys went on probation too, people were starting to laugh at you guys calling Notre Dame a quality opponent. Now that you made them look decent for a couple of years you can keep skating on that one too.

I've got no problem ragging on Alabama's schedule, but pretending that USC's is the be all, end all of college football is disingenuous at best.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Socaljim, i will post this in your honor as it seems like maybe this Alabama hate is a debilitating thing for you. I had a problem back in the day with a "monkey on my back" as well, so here's to hoping you can beat this disease it appears you have:suds:. The first step is to admit you have a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think 'Bama is afraid of anyone. But cancelling home and homes with quality OOC teams in favor of one off, neutral site games, isn't a good look for a team with their profile.

It doesn't exactly speak to "anyone, anywhere, anytime".
Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word "scared", but apparently Bama didn't want to play Michigan State in a Home and Home.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I shouldn't have used the word "scared", but apparently Bama didn't want to play Michigan State in a Home and Home.

Hell no - it takes balls to do that :whistle:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats what i have been thinking bino. To Bama we get to play USC in two years. To USC fans its like the day they introduced sliced bread:doh:
LOL, well after all, most of us USC fans have been asking for a Home and Home series with "any" SEC teams for "years". If I'm not mistaken, Auburn was the last Home and Home series that USC played with the SEC and most of us know how that turned out. I guess USC will have to settle for a "neutral site" game with Bama. Yes, as an USC fan, I am excited to finally get Bama to agree on a game, even if it's on a neutral field,

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. I shouldn't have used the word "scared", but Bama cancelled the Home and Home with Michigan State for some reason. I'm just curious why?

You have the reason why. Bill Battle told you why the decision to cancel the home and home was made for. A refusal to admit that is a legit reason in your opinion does not make it any less the reason for the decision or make it any less legit for why it was made.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the reason why. Bill Battle told you why the decision to cancel the home and home was made for. A refusal to admit that is a legit reason in your opinion does not make it any less the reason for the decision or make it any less legit for why it was made.
Okay, I will take Bama's excuse of a scheduling conflict, for cancelling the Home and Home series with Michigan State in 2016/17 as gospel.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was that game part of a Home and Home series? Wasn't that a Bowl Game?

Yep sure was. Do you think the outcome would change by 42 points had they played it anywhere else? Can this not be used to show that scared, fear or any other word describing Alabama as afraid to play any other team anywhere is ludicrous. The actual reason for the decision has been given and to say anything other than that comes off as petty, biased and just plain ignorant when you have no proof to backup said claims.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-ova/undie this thread hit's 2000 pages by the time the game is played.

-ova/undie BandwagonBo crosses the 20,000 post threshold in this thread ALONE.

-ova/undie 5.5 posters will NOT survive the hoop by the time the game is played.

With the Hoop Bookie taking a long awaited vaca this weekend, I'm providing just a few plays of potential here.
:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep sure was. Do you think the outcome would change by 42 points had they played it anywhere else? Can this not be used to show that scared, fear or any other word describing Alabama as afraid to play any other team anywhere is ludicrous. The actual reason for the decision has been given and to say anything other than that comes off as petty, biased and just plain ignorant when you have no proof to backup said claims.

According to you bama doesnt play home and homes because they are too poor. Lol

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I said that I never should have used the word "scared", that was wrong on my part. Second, we were talking about a Home and Home series that Bama cancelled against Michigan State, not just one Bowl game. Yes if Bama played at Michigan State in a Home and Home, it very well could have been a victory for the Spartens. Just like when Utah beat Bama in a Bowl game, do you think it "could" have been a different result, if Bama had another shot at Utah, if they were to play a Home and Home series?