• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In honor of the constant lack of proof, but continuing to spout the same talking points regardless

Last edited by a moderator:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is not the schools opinion of course, but you seem to equate me as having a power at that school to incite change. I merely stated what many in my circle of Friends believe is the underlying reason to why Alabama accepts these one off games like this. Well, that and they are getting asked every year, which is more than other teams seemed to be getting recently. The official, bill Battle reason still stands as the one that goes for why one particular home and home series was canceled. Dispute that if you will, but please show solid evidence that backs up your opinion as i did in my post about the "fear" comments.

As for your comments on the economy in Alabama, one of its largest cities not long ago filed Bankrupcty for various reasons, so it is not as far fetched as one might seem to think it is. The economy in that state is a very fragile thing currently with little industry to help, it is getting better but still not stellar.

The REASON Bama plays a crappy OCC is because of a "fragile economy" Bo? WHO foresaw this years ago? A loss in the precious SEC is that valuable to Bama? Would the Tide faithful just jump off the bangwagon with one or two regular season losses?

Goog gawd man, this is a new one on me.:noidea:

Bama is "SCART"....USC is NOT! :whistle:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The REASON Bama plays a crappy OCC is because of a "fragile economy" Bo? WHO foresaw this years ago? A loss in the precious SEC is that valuable to Bama? Would the Tide faithful just jump off the bangwagon with one or two regular season losses?

Goog gawd man, this is a new one on me.:noidea:

Bama is "SCART"....USC is NOT! :whistle:

Show me where i stated this. i stated they play these one off games because it helps to give money back to the University for other things, while paying for the athletic budget for the school as well. The down economy is a symptom of why they are continuing to take these games(that and being asked) but certainly not the sole reason. The economy in Alabama is fragile and a state run school paying its own way for the sports at one of its Universities it supports is a godsend, would you not agree? Or are you so blinded by the fact its Alabama that you cant see this as a good thing?

As for being scared, i defy you to show proof of this by comments made by the coach, the AD or one of its players. Till then i mock and laugh at you:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now lets put this into the context of what i do know. I know Bill Battle personally as i have spoken with him on many occasions and in my opinion the man is not a liar. The comment that he made is, in my opinion, the reason he believed when he made the comment and the reason it was canceled.

Now seeing as this was your comment: And taking into context the last meeting between the two when Alabama was supposed to be the underdog for all intents and purposes Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Michigan State Spartans - Box Score - January 01, 2011 - ESPNwould it not stand to reason that your comment seems to not hold water very well. In my over 40+ years of being a fan, i have never seen Bama not play a scheduled game due to fear, so it stands that it might be another more plainly stated reason for them not playing the home and home.

So lets look at your statement in earnest, since its apparent you feel that way. Are you simply projecting the feelings of someone ill informed, or possibly is this the comments of someone with a bias? I will let the following things speak for my opinion on the matter. Its well known that Saban is the lone coach in favor of a nine game in-conference schedule in the SEC, and he has even gone on record as being in favor of the power 5 only playing each other once the SEC voted yet again to remain at 8 games in conference. I give evidence to support my comments that he is not afraid to play tougher competition.
Alabama Coach Nick Saban Says He Is In Favor Of A 9-Game SEC Schedule, But Doesn?t Think Other Coaches Support It | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.
Nick Saban Wants ?Power 5? Football Schools To Only Play Each Other | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.
So i guess now the ball is in your court to tell us which of the above is true, are you ill informed or just simply have a bias?

That's pretty funny. When you know the SEC won't go for it Saban says he's for it . So sabans ass kissers can say hey Saban wants to not play one legged cupcakes but the SEC makes him .What do you want him to do? If Alabama actually wanted to play home and homes with decent teams not within walking distance of Tuscaloosa it would happen on a regular basis like every other major program not in the SEC.
You Bama fans are either mindless idiots or like some of you say you just don;t care how, you just want the trophy and if you're doing shady things then your school should just do the same. But spare me the Saint Nick theories. He over signs. He gets kids who aren't producing to leave by telling them they won't ever see the field or he pressures them to medical hardship. That's the reality.

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion is not the schools opinion of course, but you seem to equate me as having a power at that school to incite change. I merely stated what many in my circle of Friends believe is the underlying reason to why Alabama accepts these one off games like this. Well, that and they are getting asked every year, which is more than other teams seemed to be getting recently. The official, bill Battle reason still stands as the one that goes for why one particular home and home series was canceled. Dispute that if you will, but please show solid evidence that backs up your opinion as i did in my post about the "fear" comments.

As for your comments on the economy in Alabama, one of its largest cities not long ago filed Bankrupcty for various reasons, so it is not as far fetched as one might seem to think it is. The economy in that state is a very fragile thing currently with little industry to help, it is getting better but still not stellar.

The whole state of California practically filed bankruptcy, yet state schools like UCLA and Cal manage to do home and homes.

As for you having the power to incite change. Yes and no. Of course 'Bama isn't going to change just because you alone don't like something. But what about the fanbase as a whole? Part of the reason that 'Bama gets away with some of these things is because the fanbase not only doesn't complain about it, they defend and/or make excuses for it while claiming to not like it.

People like to portray USC fans as being "bandwagon" but you should see how we respond when we don't like what's going on. Whether it's the schedule, the coach, proposed uniform changes, etc. when we don't like something, the school hears about it and responds.

If USC suddenly started doing some of the things we've seen 'Bama do, I'd be pissed and would be ripping them for it. In fact, I was starting to get pissed about some of the future schedules until I saw teams like 'Bama and Texas appearing on some future schedules.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's pretty funny. When you know the SEC won't go for it Saban says he's for it . So sabans ass kissers can say hey Saban wants to not play one legged cupcakes but the SEC makes him .What do you want him to do? If Alabama actually wanted to play home and homes with decent teams not within walking distance of Tuscaloosa it would happen on a regular basis like every other major program not in the SEC.

Actually, and i know you wont know this because you are uninformed, Saban was the only coach to vote for the 9 game conference schedule before it became a hot topic at the SEC meetings. So to pretend you know shit about it is laughable. He does not make the schedule, Bill Battle does. Saban gives input of teams he would like to play in future events like Colorado State a year or so back(due to Jim McElwain, our old OC) and Georgia State(due to Bill Curry, an ex-Alabama coach), nothing more, nothing less. what the coach wants and what the AD gives him are often far apart. What can you as a fan do?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me where i stated this. i stated they play these one off games because it helps to give money back to the University for other things, while paying for the athletic budget for the school as well. The down economy is a symptom of why they are continuing to take these games(that and being asked) but certainly not the sole reason. The economy in Alabama is fragile and a state run school paying its own way for the sports at one of its Universities it supports is a godsend, would you not agree? Or are you so blinded by the fact its Alabama that you cant see this as a good thing?

As for being scared, i defy you to show proof of this by comments made by the coach, the AD or one of its players. Till then i mock and laugh at you:laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Another lie from Bama fans. "we play local Jr colleges only at home because it helps the budget and gives that trucking school a check". Never mind that it's little more than a scrimmage masqueraded as a game. Alabama football is not hurting for money ( see , what they make from SEC network alone) and doen't need to play Western Carolina for money and since when is Alabama responsible for the money flow at Western Carolina?

Notice I used no movie quotes to make my points. :laugh3:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How rude of me Bo, forgot to say "Good morning, how the hell are ya baztard?" Cranky w/o me coffee I spose. "How was the trip to Utah?" Productive I hope?

anywhoze...

Seems to me, avoidance of home-n-homes with various power conferences and scheduling late season cupcakes BEFORE the reg season finale shows me all the proof one would need as evidence, not just BS statements from SEC higher ups defending their undependable stances. Defending this cowardly act of football treason is laughable in itself.

Keep up the "good fight" sir and have a great day too...ya baztard. :yahoo:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, and i know you wont know this because you are uninformed, Saban was the only coach to vote for the 9 game conference schedule before it became a hot topic at the SEC meetings. So to pretend you know shit about it is laughable. He does not make the schedule, Bill Battle does. Saban gives input of teams he would like to play in future events like Colorado State a year or so back(due to Jim McElwain, our old OC) and Georgia State(due to Bill Curry, an ex-Alabama coach), nothing more, nothing less. what the coach wants and what the AD gives him are often far apart. What can you as a fan do?

LOL. If he know's it isn't gonna pass does it really matter how he voted and knowing it wont pass was his vote sincere since Bama doesn't schedule actual good schools for home and homes? Seriously you can't be this stupid. Check that.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is where you fail in your supposition. These games are setup by the networks, not Alabama themselves. The game venue is chosen by ESPN, or CBS or one of the other majors and they ask team A to participate, then the Team and or the promoter of the event set about looking for a suitable opponent to gain a market edge on said night against other events in its time slot. Do you honestly believe that Alabama has the power to setup a game and get it nationally televised without first the network being involved from the beginning? Bama doesnt get to choose the venues from my knowledge, maybe you can produce evidence that states otherwise where Alabama themselves contracted the game with Jerry himself and signed a big money deal, then brought in the network, then found the opponent. I will wait.

:L So now it's the networks fault? Schools like 'Bama, USC, etc. have the ability to have a neutral site game pretty much wherever they want. If 'Bama and USC got together and said, "we want the game at the Cardinals stadium in Arizona", the networks would broadcast it from there. 'Bama doesn't do this because the venues are favorable to them and schools like USC will play them anywhere.

Believe me, I'm not complaining about the game or even the venue. As a USC fan, I love the idea of playing 'Bama anywhere, anytime. Hell, I'd be thrilled for the game if it was going to be played in the backyard at your house. But I'd prefer to see a home and home. Not only would it mean that we get to play 'Bama twice, but it means I could see them play in Tuscaloosa. I'd much rather go there than Jerrah World.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole state of California practically filed bankruptcy, yet state schools like UCLA and Cal manage to do home and homes.

As for you having the power to incite change. Yes and no. Of course 'Bama isn't going to change just because you alone don't like something. But what about the fanbase as a whole? Part of the reason that 'Bama gets away with some of these things is because the fanbase not only doesn't complain about it, they defend and/or make excuses for it while claiming to not like it.

People like to portray USC fans as being "bandwagon" but you should see how we respond when we don't like what's going on. Whether it's the schedule, the coach, proposed uniform changes, etc. when we don't like something, the school hears about it and responds.

If USC suddenly started doing some of the things we've seen 'Bama do, I'd be pissed and would be ripping them for it. In fact, I was starting to get pissed about some of the future schedules until I saw teams like 'Bama and Texas appearing on some future schedules.

Totally correct. Imagine the colusium if they scheduled Cal State Fullerton and South West Arizona and Azuza pacific. We Trojan fans wouldn't go and it would stop. Bama fan would still go , buy all the jerseys and pat the coach on the back and congratulate him for some great wins.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wow, imagine that, a fan speaking out and maybe making change. If I had only known about that the numerous other times i personally have voiced my opinion on this very subject. See, its not always as easy as one looking in from the outside makes it seem. As i stated, sometimes there are other factors involved that keep the team doing exactly as it is currently doing. Do we the fans always know these reasons, no. Does it seem as if it could be fear to those on the outside, possibly. Would I choose to laugh at them and make fun of them, everytime. Why would I do this? because reality is that they have played them in the past and won the games just as others have done. Its not like Alabama just started playing FBS ball, so to think fear is a factor is simply a ludicrous thought in a thinking mans head.

As for what you do or anyone else does and get changes made at your school, that doesnt come into play here as this is my University and its not the same as yours, so you cannot say one way or another if the change can be effected by the fanbase if they complain, you can only speak for your school and yours alone. It has been spoken on by numerous groups of fans and so far it has not changed, what their overall reasons are for not doing so is left to the Administration of the University. Do you not agree?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another lie from Bama fans. "we play local Jr colleges only at home because it helps the budget and gives that trucking school a check". Never mind that it's little more than a scrimmage masqueraded as a game. Alabama football is not hurting for money ( see , what they make from SEC network alone) and doen't need to play Western Carolina for money and since when is Alabama responsible for the money flow at Western Carolina?

Notice I used no movie quotes to make my points. :laugh3:

Wow, so the money they take in from a home game doesnt equate in the overall money they take in for the year? that is what you stated right?:L

And before Saban got there, they were losing money yearly. Does the SEC money help? sure, but is it enough to offset the overall budget for the AD at Alabama, no. To claim you know so much, you really are not prepared for the answers are you. notice i didnt have to use a single movie quote to shoot you down either. Of course i am also not knee deep in liquor at this hour. Give me a few hours and i am sure i can drum up a few good ones for you.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, imagine that, a fan speaking out and maybe making change. If I had only known about that the numerous other times i personally have voiced my opinion on this very subject. See, its not always as easy as one looking in from the outside makes it seem. As i stated, sometimes there are other factors involved that keep the team doing exactly as it is currently doing. Do we the fans always know these reasons, no. Does it seem as if it could be fear to those on the outside, possibly. Would I choose to laugh at them and make fun of them, everytime. Why would I do this? because reality is that they have played them in the past and won the games just as others have done. Its not like Alabama just started playing FBS ball, so to think fear is a factor is simply a ludicrous thought in a thinking mans head.

As for what you do or anyone else does and get changes made at your school, that doesnt come into play here as this is my University and its not the same as yours, so you cannot say one way or another if the change can be effected by the fanbase if they complain, you can only speak for your school and yours alone. It has been spoken on by numerous groups of fans and so far it has not changed, what their overall reasons are for not doing so is left to the Administration of the University. Do you not agree?

Hey Sparky, if the majority of bama fans didn't have their head up Sabans ass maybe you would see some change but like animals the shiny object stops you guys from seeing things as they are. Not playing good teams in home and homes ,Over signing, grey shirting, medical hardships, playing the same trucking schools every year and late into the season. You guys don't care. How do we know? because are you guys talk about is the end result.

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn what a USCw slurpfest this thread turned into. One might think that a game with Bama still over 2 years away is all these poor souls have had to feel good about for the past 5-6 years.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, so the money they take in from a home game doesnt equate in the overall money they take in for the year? that is what you stated right?:L

And before Saban got there, they were losing money yearly. Does the SEC money help? sure, but is it enough to offset the overall budget for the AD at Alabama, no. To claim you know so much, you really are not prepared for the answers are you. notice i didnt have to use a single movie quote to shoot you down either. Of course i am also not knee deep in liquor at this hour. Give me a few hours and i am sure i can drum up a few good ones for you.

How much money would you lose if USC came to Tuscaloosa? I rest my case.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've stated at least twice, that I don't think fear has anything to do with it. I think it's because they can get away with it because their fanbase will accept it and defend and/or excuse it.

As for you complaining about it. I'm sure you have. However, I've seen you claim not to like it while defending and making excuses for it. One of the ways that USC fans make their voices heard is by simply not showing up. That doesn't mean we aren't home watching the game or don't still love our team, it means we're not going to show up at the game and put money in the schools pocket for something we don't like.

Last season is a good example. I went to 2 games last year. One was pre-Kiffin getting fired and one was post-Kiffin. In the pre-Kiffin getting fired game, the Coliseum was a little more than half full and the crowd was the quietest I've ever heard. In the post-Kiffin game, the Coliseum was full and the crowd was very loud.

Do you see anything like that happening at 'Bama, ever?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How rude of me Bo, forgot to say "Good morning, how the hell are ya baztard?" Cranky w/o me coffee I spose. "How was the trip to Utah?" Productive I hope?

anywhoze...

Seems to me, avoidance of home-n-homes with various power conferences and scheduling late season cupcakes BEFORE the reg season finale shows me all the proof one would need as evidence, not just BS statements from SEC higher ups defending their undependable stances. Defending this cowardly act of football treason is laughable in itself.

Keep up the "good fight" sir and have a great day too...ya baztard. :yahoo:

Avoidance of home and homes is the act of the school and is not clearly an act of cowardice in and of itself. One would have to look at if they are also not playing power 5 schools in other games not labeled bowl games, which they are currently playing power 5 schools in a "road" venue that is neutral. If the school was booking the venue ahead of time, getting the team in place then pitching the game to a network, then i might agree its due to Alabama not wanting home and homes, but when you see that its the networks putting the games together and then asking teams that might be a marquee match-up to play in them, it falls into place as to why Alabama would choose to do this versus a home game away where they would potentially lose money versus what they can make at a neutral site game. Ever wonder why they dont have North Texas State, or Western Kentucky playing in one of these neutral site games? Marquee match-ups are what get ratings and the networks are in charge of the participants that agree to play. no fear involved, otherwise it would be a lesser commodity involved.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L So now it's the networks fault? Schools like 'Bama, USC, etc. have the ability to have a neutral site game pretty much wherever they want. If 'Bama and USC got together and said, "we want the game at the Cardinals stadium in Arizona", the networks would broadcast it from there. 'Bama doesn't do this because the venues are favorable to them and schools like USC will play them anywhere.

Believe me, I'm not complaining about the game or even the venue. As a USC fan, I love the idea of playing 'Bama anywhere, anytime. Hell, I'd be thrilled for the game if it was going to be played in the backyard at your house. But I'd prefer to see a home and home. Not only would it mean that we get to play 'Bama twice, but it means I could see them play in Tuscaloosa. I'd much rather go there than Jerrah World.

Yes in honest reality you are, but thats ok, I have come to expect it as of late since its Alabama related.

90 foot slope down to the water prohibits a good game, so this venue is out.

And dont you think that as a lifelong Alabama fan who has been to a USCvsBama home game and also went to the home game in Cali as well, that I too am for this? Picking on the fans is a futile effort and comments by your fanbase or any fanbase that Alabama(NCAA royalty) is afraid is demeaning and counterproductive to a decent debate. Follow on with comments that bring no factual basis for argument and you get what we had the other day in a raucous event followed by name calling and four letter words.

I atleast backed up my claims of it not being fear with comments from its head coach stating his team will play power 5 teams only if the rest of the power 5 will agree to it and that he is in favor of a nine game schedule in his conference. His willingness to fall in line shows he is willing to do so, yet the comment was floated that because he knows it wont happen its easy to make this comment. That has no basis for proof and is counterproductive to a good debate as it has no basis for proof, its one persons clearly biased opinion. Where-as i have the coach on record stating it is so. Who has a better argument from a factual standpoint?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Sparky, if the majority of bama fans didn't have their head up Sabans ass maybe you would see some change but like animals the shiny object stops you guys from seeing things as they are. Not playing good teams in home and homes ,Over signing, grey shirting, medical hardships, playing the same trucking schools every year and late into the season. You guys don't care. How do we know? because are you guys talk about is the end result.

Hey biased pillar of movie quotes, please enlighten me how you know all Alabama fans are only looking at the shiny things? do you know all the Alabama fans personally yourself or is this a comment born out of having your head so far up your ass that its murky when you try to think? Thats my personal opinion of anything that you post as you have shown no proof on anything yet. You making a comment doesnt make it fact and you can take that comment to the bank pal.

Everytime you post ina thread pertaining to Alabama the post is more opinion that any fact and is always dripping with disdain and hate. You have done more to harm a debate than to actually help and if you were a member of my fanbase i would ask you to refrain from commenting or try to disarm the thread with a few music videos to slow the posting down till cooler heads could prevail. Seems you dont have the same type fanbase that agrees you are not a productive poster with your very little facts and a bias dripping with hate.