• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USC vs. Bama in 2016

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any of the bama posters planning on going? id love to bash your schedule face to face lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:suds:

We keepin it mellow in here tonite, it got ugly earlier by a few and we all need some peace and quiet tonite. You guys have two years to pick on Bama, you can wait one nite.

:violin:

4d20 yesterday:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ausPKEMVk0]THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FUCK A STRANGER IN THE ASS - YouTube[/ame]

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last edited by a moderator:

WABLTY

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama's losses since 2008

2008- SEC&BCS Champion Florida(13-1), MWC&Sugar Champion Utah(13-0)

2009-Zilch

2010- SEC&BCS Champion Auburn(14-0), Cotton Champion LSU(11-2), SECEast Champion S.Carolina(9-5)

2011- SEC Champ & BCS Runner up LSU(13-1)

2012- Cotton Champion Texas A&M(11-2)

2013- SEC Champ & BCS Runner up Auburn(12-2), Sugar Champion Oklahoma(11-2)

Hmmm... I don't see any Washington State, Washington, NC State, Boston College, Syracuse, Purdue, Iowa, Arizona, Arizona State, Iowa State, Texas Tech, Oregon State, Pittsburgh, or any other mediocre teams on that list.

Oh but I'm sure Alabama would be scared to fucking death in Aimes, or Corvallis, or Lubbock, or the Carrier Dome, or Tempe, even Pullman. Because those places would intimidate Alabama.

It doesn't matter who we play, we will always be favored. Any loss is a disappointment. But we know we don't lose to teams that we aren't supposed to. That's what has separated Saban from the rest. If we lose, it's gonna be to a damn good football team.

We basically beat LSU in Tempe and then no one had the balls to get mad about the blown Doucet call because Katrina. Just saying.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last summer, Alabama canceled a previously scheduled home-and-home series with Michigan State for 2016 and '17. Tide athletic director Bill Battle said at the time that the move was done because of "the uncertainty of conference football schedules in those years."

But according to coach Nick Saban, he tried and failed to persuade the Spartans to move the game to a neutral site.

pulled this off espn article...lmao if this is true

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last summer, Alabama canceled a previously scheduled home-and-home series with Michigan State for 2016 and '17. Tide athletic director Bill Battle said at the time that the move was done because of "the uncertainty of conference football schedules in those years."

But according to coach Nick Saban, he tried and failed to persuade the Spartans to move the game to a neutral site.

I read that article too. I notice that the Bill Battle direct comment had quotation marks to denote that Battle made the comment. I also noted that no such marks existed after Saban's comments he supposedly made.

With that said, I am not denying it was stated by either of them, just that i have not seen any other articles that directly quote Saban or Battle claiming the game was canceled due to them not being able to persuade Michigan State to move it to a neutral site game. If you can find one then you can post the link here for all of us to read. Just as the recent news that Saban turned down $100 million to coach Texas is not "exactly the truth", yet printed for all to read, these comments by the writer could be taken out of context and not be an actual quote by either person. Just my two cents.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMFAO, how can Bama have a "Home and Home" against Michigan State at a "neutral site"?? I agree, I think Bama was afraid of Michigan State and cancelled the "Home and Home" series. So now Bama schedules USC at a neutral site. What's wrong with USC and Bama playing a "Home and Home" series. When was the last time that Bama has came out West to play a "good" OOC game?

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that article too. I notice that the Bill Battle direct comment had quotation marks to denote that Battle made the comment. I also noted that no such marks existed after Saban's comments he supposedly made.

With that said, I am not denying it was stated by either of them, just that i have not seen any other articles that directly quote Saban or Battle claiming the game was canceled due to them not being able to persuade Michigan State to move it to a neutral site game. If you can find one then you can post the link here for all of us to read. Just as the recent news that Saban turned down $100 million to coach Texas is not "exactly the truth", yet printed for all to read, these comments by the writer could be taken out of context and not be an actual quote by either person. Just my two cents.
Well then let me put my two cents in. What was the "real" reason that Bama, cancelled the Home and Home series with Michigan State? Just curious.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then let me put my two cents in. What was the "real" reason that Bama, cancelled the Home and Home series with Michigan State? Just curious.
I read an article that said that the reason Bama cancelled the home and home against Michigan State in 2016/17 was, "due to uncertainty with the SEC schedule."? Does that mean that Bama can cancelled the USC game, scheduled for 2016, "due to uncertainty with the SEC schedule."

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think 'Bama is afraid of anyone. But cancelling home and homes with quality OOC teams in favor of one off, neutral site games, isn't a good look for a team with their profile.

It doesn't exactly speak to "anyone, anywhere, anytime".

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now lets put this into the context of what i do know. I know Bill Battle personally as i have spoken with him on many occasions and in my opinion the man is not a liar. The comment that he made is, in my opinion, the reason he believed when he made the comment and the reason it was canceled.

Now seeing as this was your comment:
I think Bama was afraid of Michigan State
And taking into context the last meeting between the two when Alabama was supposed to be the underdog for all intents and purposes Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Michigan State Spartans - Box Score - January 01, 2011 - ESPNwould it not stand to reason that your comment seems to not hold water very well. In my over 40+ years of being a fan, i have never seen Bama not play a scheduled game due to fear, so it stands that it might be another more plainly stated reason for them not playing the home and home.

So lets look at your statement in earnest, since its apparent you feel that way. Are you simply projecting the feelings of someone ill informed, or possibly is this the comments of someone with a bias? I will let the following things speak for my opinion on the matter. Its well known that Saban is the lone coach in favor of a nine game in-conference schedule in the SEC, and he has even gone on record as being in favor of the power 5 only playing each other once the SEC voted yet again to remain at 8 games in conference. I give evidence to support my comments that he is not afraid to play tougher competition.
Alabama Coach Nick Saban Says He Is In Favor Of A 9-Game SEC Schedule, But Doesn?t Think Other Coaches Support It | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.
Nick Saban Wants ?Power 5? Football Schools To Only Play Each Other | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.
So i guess now the ball is in your court to tell us which of the above is true, are you ill informed or just simply have a bias?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now lets put this into the context of what i do know. I know Bill Battle personally as i have spoken with him on many occasions and in my opinion the man is not a liar. The comment that he made is, in my opinion, the reason he believed when he made the comment and the reason it was canceled.

Now seeing as this was your comment: And taking into context the last meeting between the two when Alabama was supposed to be the underdog for all intents and purposes Alabama Crimson Tide vs. Michigan State Spartans - Box Score - January 01, 2011 - ESPNwould it not stand to reason that your comment seems to not hold water very well. In my over 40+ years of being a fan, i have never seen Bama not play a scheduled game due to fear, so it stands that it might be another more plainly stated reason for them not playing the home and home.

So lets look at your statement in earnest, since its apparent you feel that way. Are you simply projecting the feelings of someone ill informed, or possibly is this the comments of someone with a bias? I will let the following things speak for my opinion on the matter. Its well known that Saban is the lone coach in favor of a nine game in-conference schedule in the SEC, and he has even gone on record as being in favor of the power 5 only playing each other once the SEC voted yet again to remain at 8 games in conference. I give evidence to support my comments that he is not afraid to play tougher competition.
Alabama Coach Nick Saban Says He Is In Favor Of A 9-Game SEC Schedule, But Doesn?t Think Other Coaches Support It | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.
Nick Saban Wants ?Power 5? Football Schools To Only Play Each Other | College Spun ? Social. Local. Consumable. College Sports.
So i guess now the ball is in your court to tell us which of the above is true, are you ill informed or just simply have a bias?

Quit spinning. It boils down to one simple question: Why does 'Bama cancel or not even bother with home and home's then? Why does it pretty much always have to be these "one off neutral site games in either Atlanta or Dallas?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I don't think 'Bama is afraid of anyone. But cancelling home and homes with quality OOC teams in favor of one off, neutral site games, isn't a good look for a team with their profile.

It doesn't exactly speak to "anyone, anywhere, anytime".

No it doesnt and i agree with you to a point. In the age of down economies and States being stretched thin on budgets, does it not make sense to find ways to lessen that expense on the State? When looking at Alabama's overall intake versus outgo, we see a team that is in the black and giving back every year since Saban got there. One reason is due to taking these neutral site games that increase the bottom line of the team and lessen the impact of the home and home expenses that a team will ultimately lose. A team making a trip to any other teams home gets expenses plus what ever is agreed upon monetarily, but usually is not much in the terms of like opponents in FBS schedules. A one off Neutral site is a much more lucrative game for both entities involved and usually pits two top opponents in a game that will be viewed by a national audience to start a season.

So i ask you, do you see that Alabama being a state run University and actually giving back to the University, each year in recent years, money that can go for many things while paying for the entire Athletic Departments budget as being a bad thing? Do they not owe more than a debt of gratitude to the State for keeping the budget filled with enough money to have a team during the years they were on probation and offered nothing back except their hands out asking for money? I see it from both sides, but I think that this whole home and home thing is a silly argument in times of economic instability such as the one we are in, especially in states with very bad budgetary issues like Alabama has.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quit spinning. It boils down to one simple question: Why does 'Bama cancel or not even bother with home and home's then? Why does it pretty much always have to be these "one off neutral site games in either Atlanta or Dallas?

TF12, you are better than this are you not? You see me answering the ridiculous comment of Alabama being scared to play a team with actual proof that they are willing to do more than they are in the coaches own words as spinning? I would hope that you would be above such a petty and ignorant comment, but perhaps this bias has taken hold firmly of late.

Did i not prove that Alabama is not afraid to play a team? Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are afraid with comments stating they are afraid? It all boils down to your opinion of the subject versus mine and truthfully I present evidence that states the coach is wanting to play tougher matches in the future, what have you or anyone given to solidify that "fear" is the reason other than a biased opinion? I'm sure you will answer this right?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it doesnt and i agree with you to a point. In the age of down economies and States being stretched thin on budgets, does it not make sense to find ways to lessen that expense on the State? When looking at Alabama's overall intake versus outgo, we see a team that is in the black and giving back every year since Saban got there. One reason is due to taking these neutral site games that increase the bottom line of the team and lessen the impact of the home and home expenses that a team will ultimately lose. A team making a trip to any other teams home gets expenses plus what ever is agreed upon monetarily, but usually is not much in the terms of like opponents in FBS schedules. A one off Neutral site is a much more lucrative game for both entities involved and usually pits two top opponents in a game that will be viewed by a national audience to start a season.

So i ask you, do you see that Alabama being a state run University and actually giving back to the University, each year in recent years, money that can go for many things while paying for the entire Athletic Departments budget as being a bad thing? Do they not owe more than a debt of gratitude to the State for keeping the budget filled with enough money to have a team during the years they were on probation and offered nothing back except their hands out asking for money? I see it from both sides, but I think that this whole home and home thing is a silly argument in times of economic instability such as the one we are in, especially in states with very bad budgetary issues like Alabama has.

I thought these tough economic times were why 'Bama schedules 7-8 home games every season. I find it hard to believe that the economy is in Alabama is so screwed up that they can't schedule/have to cancel home and homes.

It seems like there's always an excuse. "It's the uncertainty of the SEC schedule because of the expansion", "it's because 'times is hard' and the state can't afford it", "it's because we play in the SEC and automatically have a strong SOS".

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12, you are better than this are you not? You see me answering the ridiculous comment of Alabama being scared to play a team with actual proof that they are willing to do more than they are in the coaches own words as spinning? I would hope that you would be above such a petty and ignorant comment, but perhaps this bias has taken hold firmly of late.

Did i not prove that Alabama is not afraid to play a team? Can you prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are afraid with comments stating they are afraid? It all boils down to your opinion of the subject versus mine and truthfully I present evidence that states the coach is wanting to play tougher matches in the future, what have you or anyone given to solidify that "fear" is the reason other than a biased opinion? I'm sure you will answer this right?

And you're better than the constant spin. I don't believe that Alabama is scared of anyone, but this cancelling home and homes and only being willing to do one off neutral site games in venues favorable to 'Bama, raises legit questions. Especially when it's the supposed "best team in the country".

There are plenty of other nice venues around the country. Why not a neutral site game in Arizona at the Cardinals stadium? Why always Atlanta or Jerrah World?

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought these tough economic times were why 'Bama schedules 7-8 home games every season. I find it hard to believe that the economy is in Alabama is so screwed up that they can't schedule/have to cancel home and homes.

It seems like there's always an excuse. "It's the uncertainty of the SEC schedule because of the expansion", "it's because 'times is hard' and the state can't afford it", "it's because we play in the SEC and automatically have a strong SOS".

My opinion is not the schools opinion of course, but you seem to equate me as having a power at that school to incite change. I merely stated what many in my circle of Friends believe is the underlying reason to why Alabama accepts these one off games like this. Well, that and they are getting asked every year, which is more than other teams seemed to be getting recently. The official, bill Battle reason still stands as the one that goes for why one particular home and home series was canceled. Dispute that if you will, but please show solid evidence that backs up your opinion as i did in my post about the "fear" comments.

As for your comments on the economy in Alabama, one of its largest cities not long ago filed Bankrupcty for various reasons, so it is not as far fetched as one might seem to think it is. The economy in that state is a very fragile thing currently with little industry to help, it is getting better but still not stellar.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you're better than the constant spin. I don't believe that Alabama is scared of anyone, but this cancelling home and homes and only being willing to do one off neutral site games in venues favorable to 'Bama, raises legit questions. Especially when it's the supposed "best team in the country".

There are plenty of other nice venues around the country. Why not a neutral site game in Arizona at the Cardinals stadium? Why always Atlanta or Jerrah World?

See this is where you fail in your supposition. These games are setup by the networks, not Alabama themselves. The game venue is chosen by ESPN, or CBS or one of the other majors and they ask team A to participate, then the Team and or the promoter of the event set about looking for a suitable opponent to gain a market edge on said night against other events in its time slot. Do you honestly believe that Alabama has the power to setup a game and get it nationally televised without first the network being involved from the beginning? Bama doesnt get to choose the venues from my knowledge, maybe you can produce evidence that states otherwise where Alabama themselves contracted the game with Jerry himself and signed a big money deal, then brought in the network, then found the opponent. I will wait.