• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Basketball

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Priorities can change, ask Paul George.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Durant is physically drained / exhausted then why do this after practice?

LAS VEGAS — If the NBA was creative enough and the superstars were willing (the biggest “if” of the two), the event that could help revitalize all-star Saturday night was on display at the conclusion of the last two Team USA practices in Las Vegas. Kevin Durant, Paul George and James Harden forced their USA teammates, coaches, reporters and other observers to stick around a little longer for some intense and highly entertaining games of “King of the Hill.”

After Thursday’s light practice, Anthony Davis and Bradley Beal grabbed seats along the sideline, while others line up along the wall or stood on the other side of the court, to watch a copious amounts of step back jumpers, driving layups and savvy gamesmanship in a three-way game on one-on-one featuring three of the game’s best perimeter scorers. In “King of the Hill,” a player stays on the floor if he scores and a defender gets the ball if he gets a stop. The rotation continues until a player gets five points. With three prideful players who hate losing, the games went on a little longer than usual.

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like kd but this was bush league. u don't decommit this late. he better hope the usa wins or he will be getting some negative backlash imo. I also have floor seats to the game Saturday against brazil so im pretty pissed

Last edited by a moderator:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only place he is getting shit is here, lmao.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a Twitter account?

No one of any reputation in the basketball or sports world has had the sack to come out against him to my knowledge. Nothing that is said on frickin twitter is going to affect him in any way.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one of any reputation in the basketball or sports world has had the sack to come out against him to my knowledge. Nothing that is said on frickin twitter is going to affect him in any way.

Did I say anything about him caring? You made a statement, that I proved that was wrong.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that this might be the dumbest post on this thread.....

Durant getting shit while LeBron and Carmelo sit on their asses.

Makes sense.

Then I saw this one.

Don't care.

If LeBron and Oldy Bryant are too good to play FIBA, so is Durant.

:L How is it that a guy who never committed to Team USA and a guy who is coming off of a torn Achilles AND also never committed to team USA, is in any way, comparable to a guy who committed, went through the camp and then bowed out at the 11th hour?

I can't wait to hear this shit!!

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Durant

A. got freaked out by the PG injury

B. knew that he would have to shoulder even more of the load without PG on the team- as him and PG were by far the best wing players on the team- PG the best wing defender and obviously KD the best player and scorer

C. It may look like OKC has a big window- but we saw how just a badly timed injury to Ibaka last year was all it took to swing a series with the Spurs (and I mean- OBVIOUSLY there was no guarantee they win with Ibaka since those teams were so evenly matched)- he knows how fast that window can close

at the same time Durant definitely did leave Team USA in a bad spot and should take some heat over it even though I can understand the decision. Team USA is really hurting on the wing now that is for sure.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Durant getting zero heat, none, nada.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that this might be the dumbest post on this thread.....

Then I saw this one.

:L How is it that a guy who never committed to Team USA and a guy who is coming off of a torn Achilles AND also never committed to team USA, is in any way, comparable to a guy who committed, went through the camp and then bowed out at the 11th hour?

I can't wait to hear this shit!!

The difference is that Kobe is so old nobody cares if he plays or not.

Good day, sir.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Thunder fans.

Show me something negative from anyone that matters, one person. Show me one person speaking up that is even on close to the same stage of Durant. The concensus is that Durants Team USA dues have been paid in full and he is being give a well deserved pass on this.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me something negative from anyone that matters, one person. Show me one person speaking up that is even on close to the same stage of Durant. The concensus is that Durants Team USA dues have been paid in full and he is being give a well deserved pass on this.

It's just amazing how you guys don't see the problem with this. Had Durant never committed (similar to Melo, Kobe, Lebron, etc.), then no one would care. But he committed, went through camp, had Team USA plan around him, then at the 11th hour (as Trojan mentioned) bowed out and left Team USA in a scramble.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just amazing how you guys don't see the problem with this. Had Durant never committed (similar to Melo, Kobe, Lebron, etc.), then no one would care. But he committed, went through camp, had Team USA plan around him, then at the 11th hour (as Trojan mentioned) bowed out and left Team USA in a scramble.

They have an entire month to prepare. Not really 11th hour.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have an entire month to prepare. Not really 11th hour.

It is 11th hour when you think that there's only one more cut left. They can still adjust due to the exhibition games they have but pretty late in the game still. Maybe Milsap doesn't get cut if Coach K knew KD wouldn't be here as he thought KD would be playing the stretch 4 at times