• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Basketball

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, can these scrubs win a game without half the Thunder roster?

I hope so.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yet half these guys are playing pick up ball all summer. if prefer my player playing in organized bball instead basically street ball

Exactly! PG would have been out here, playing in the Drew League, if he wasn't with Team USA.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard big ron today. he was feeling real good about himself yesterday

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colangelo is at that old man stage of life where he just doesn't give an eff and will say what he feels so you're likely to get the truth from him. Looks like my Under Armour theory might have some legs.

Lmao...Maybe it's not Under Armour, looks like it's his Agent.

And what I have discovered in talking to members of the U.S. federation over the past two days is this: Durant and his agency, Roc Nation, are more interested in cashing in on his MVP award and his expiring Nike deal than they are in having Durant keep his word to the people who were with him in 2010 in Turkey at the World Championship and in 2012 in London at the Olympics.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

GeauxBaby

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...AD was easily the best player on the court. He just flat out dominated.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn...AD was easily the best player on the court. He just flat out dominated.

he was an absolute beast and everywhere. the hustle play was insane. I was at the game. place went crazy in usa chants

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have quite a bit to polish up. The defense is really sloppy with missed rotations or none at all. And I don't see how we can go without Boogie or another big. When Davis and Faried were off the court, the team fell apart and Brazil would claw back into the game. The team was just too small and didn't have enough presence down low. Brazil has good post players and we survived it but Spain will absolutely crush us if we play that small. Davis and Faried won't be able to do it all

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They still have quite a bit to polish up. The defense is really sloppy with missed rotations or none at all. And I don't see how we can go without Boogie or another big. When Davis and Faried were off the court, the team fell apart and Brazil would claw back into the game. The team was just too small and didn't have enough presence down low. Brazil has good post players and we survived it but Spain will absolutely crush us if we play that small. Davis and Faried won't be able to do it all

without pau I don't see spain having much depth down low after ibaka and marc

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Faried & Lillard won't make the final cut.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing Faried & Lillard won't make the final cut.

At least Faried got some burn.

I am seriously perplexed about Dame Lillard's status.

Curry, Harden and Rose are all primary ball handlers.

But after Curry's foul situation, I get why they want to keep another pg.

I just don't understand why they think that guy should be Kyrie, instead of Lillard:noidea:.

DeRozan, Lillard and either Parsons, Korver, Drummond will get das boot.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
im pissed off a little. I wanted to see if LBJ can win as a leader but…..no he has to have a top 5 player join him. Im a Big Bulls fan but Im a bigger NBA fan and its sad to see that LBJ can't win with out a big 3. I feel bad for the NBA

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate bitches who delete tweets after the fact

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate bitches who delete tweets after the fact

I thought Chris Sheridan was an obnoxious tool during the whole Lebron Decision part deux saga. But I give him credit for calling out KD, which seems most members of the media are avoiding at the moment.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Knee soreness kept Derrick Rose out of practice Tuesday, making it the third straight day he has not played any basketball. And that left Team USA officials wondering whether Rose will be capable of handling the rigorous World Cup schedule.

It was a day of on-court and off-court developments for Team USA, and Wednesday’s friendly at Madison Square Garden promised to bring more of the same.

Rose is unlikely to start, a team source told SheridanHoops.com. Kyrie Irving could move into the starting five after playing exceptionally well in a sixth man role Saturday night against Brazil, and the federation was expecting Rose to be able to contribute off the bench. But if his knees remain sore and he does not play, the makeup of the final roster will be much more uncertain than it appeared it would be when this week began. If Rose cannot handle the workload of playing three games in three nights and five games in six nights when pool play begins in Bilbao, Spain, the roster would effectively be reduced to 11 1/2 players.

Last edited by a moderator:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've read on the Rose issue is that its just precautionary.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is surprising... in a vacuum. If you take out Coach K's relationship with Irving as a former Blue Devil, and his relationship with LeBron James (who the coaches want to keep happy for a number of reasons), Irving is a worse three-point shooter than Lillard (though still a good one), a worse defender than Lillard (and don't even get me started on the gap between Irving and the already-cut John Wall on defense), and Lillard has had fewer reported attitude issues. Irving admitted earlier this week that he hasn't been a leader "at all" in Cleveland.

From CBS sports

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Irving is surprising... in a vacuum. If you take out Coach K's relationship with Irving as a former Blue Devil, and his relationship with LeBron James (who the coaches want to keep happy for a number of reasons), Irving is a worse three-point shooter than Lillard (though still a good one), a worse defender than Lillard (and don't even get me started on the gap between Irving and the already-cut John Wall on defense), and Lillard has had fewer reported attitude issues. Irving admitted earlier this week that he hasn't been a leader "at all" in Cleveland.

From CBS sports

Turnup, I can be a bit of a Cavs sypathizer. But, I'm disappointed that Coach K would go this route, if that is indeed the case.

If he thinks Kyrie is the best option, so be it. But, if he's using home cooking, because he's a former player, this is a recipe for disaster. One on one hero-ball is not gonna get it done in International Competition.

....and Mason Plumlee over Cousins?:wtf2:

For now, the players who are locks to make the final roster – barring injuries – are Anthony Davis, Stephen Curry, Kyrie Irving, James Harden, Kenneth Faried and Mason Plumlee.

Cousins and Rose are close to being certainties. But they are NOT locks. Tuesday’s practice marked Cousins’ first live scrimmage since he was injured last Thursday in Chicago, suffering a bone bruise in his knee.