• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

USA Basketball

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its a poor move by Durant- he has built up good-will so he wont get too much heat- but everyone knows that this was not a good look from him- especially since he was being counted on as being the focal point of the team and the leader of the entire team

if he was just a guy- and not the teams leader and the focal point of the offense id be more willing to give him a pass- but when he is being relied on like that - and he KNOWS that he was being relied on- I think its kinda crappy of him to bail out like that

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference is that Kobe is so old nobody cares if he plays or not.

Good day, sir.

By this post we can see that you now realize just how stupid your posts were and that by making the comparisons that you did, you were just lashing out emotionally like a teenage girl.

We all pretty much figured that. Thanks for the confirmation.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By this post we can see that you now realize just how stupid your posts were and that by making the comparisons that you did, you were just lashing out emotionally like a teenage girl.

We all pretty much figured that. Thanks for the confirmation.

Personal attacks.

Mature.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personal attacks.

Mature.

No less mature than your posts. Don't act like a teenage girl and you won't get called out for it. Just admit that it was dumb comparison and move on.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No less mature than your posts. Don't act like a teenage girl and you won't get called out for it. Just admit that it was dumb comparison and move on.

It's really not that dumb.

You have Kobe, who has been injured for the past two years. Then you have Paul George, who will be in a wheelchair for the next year after snapping his leg playing in front of 5k people.

Your major gripe is KD welching on a FIBA commitment one month prior to any games, after KD has carried the torch for several years with the rest of the top players sitting at home.

Mountain = Mole Hill

Hard for me to care, especially when KD won't be risking his health. I've seen it enough with Ibaka and Westbrook these past two years.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Show me something negative from anyone that matters, one person. Show me one person speaking up that is even on close to the same stage of Durant. The concensus is that Durants Team USA dues have been paid in full and he is being give a well deserved pass on this.

PTI, last Friday, Bob Ryan, a HOF basketball writer that's covered the sport for 40 to 50 years, mentioned it could very well be Under Armour related.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Thunder fan, you could simply say "Yeah, KD shouldn't have committed in the first place, but fuck it, he won't end up like Paul George and he's focusing on his first priority - which is the NBA season and trying to win a title with the Thunder." Instead, you're comparing KD to guys like Lebron, who never committed in the first place. Just own up to it and it will be what it is. No one's perfect and KD outside of this has kept up a pretty clean reputation. But the logic Thunder fans are throwing out is sad.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best PR move in the world right now would be lebron calling coach K and asking if he can take KD's spot.

not gonna happen, and a guy who has been to 4 straight finals ACTUALLY needs rest. but it'd be brilliant from a PR standpoint.

If the LeBron had dropped out at this point, we all know he'd be getting hammered relentlessly.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's really not that dumb.

You have Kobe, who has been injured for the past two years. Then you have Paul George, who will be in a wheelchair for the next year after snapping his leg playing in front of 5k people.

Your major gripe is KD welching on a FIBA commitment one month prior to any games, after KD has carried the torch for several years with the rest of the top players sitting at home.

Mountain = Mole Hill

Hard for me to care, especially when KD won't be risking his health. I've seen it enough with Ibaka and Westbrook these past two years.

Sorry, but it really is. My gripe is NOT that KD backed out, it's when he backed out. Here is the difference and it's huge. You specifically mentioned 3 players:

Lebron - Did not commit to playing for Team USA. Therefore, he did not participate in the training camp and did not have the scheme built around his skillset. Therefore, his not playing doesn't effect Team USA because they never planned on him being there.

Carmelo - See Lebron. It's the same situation.

Kobe - See Lebron and add that he's coming off a torn Achilles.

KD - Committed to Team USA, participated in the training camp, had the scheme built around him as the best player on that team and then ditched them at the 11th hour.

So the comparisons are way off base as they are not even close to the same thing.

As has been pointed out, had KD pulled out in June or July, no issue. That would give Team USA plenty of time to adjust and possibly even find a more comparable replacement for KD than Rudy Gay.

Look, if I were a Thunder fan, I'd be happy that KD pulled out too. He's the key to your team. As a Lakers fan, I hated Kobe playing on those teams because of exactly what happened to Paul George. However, since Kobe had committed to Team USA, I'd have been pissed at him too if he had pulled out as late as KD did. But I'd still breathe a sigh of relief that he did back out.

Nothing wrong with being glad your guy backed out, but still admitting that the timing was poor.

Last edited by a moderator:

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sounds like a minor injury

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHICAGO -- United States coach Mike Krzyzewski says he was surprised by Kevin Durant's decision to leave the team last week because of "physical and mental fatigue."

"Yeah, I was," Krzyzewski said after Team USA's practice in Chicago on Thursday. "No question. I was."

Krzyzewski wasn't the only one surprised, but he might have been the most frustrated. Durant, the reigning NBA MVP, was expected to be the leader on and off the floor for Team USA.

"It's one of those things; you don't replace Kevin Durant," Krzyzewski said. "You look different. And so we have today and [Friday] to look different before we play a really good team. That's of concern for me because we were pretty far along. We had our best camp ever in Vegas since I've coached [Team USA]. Those guys were terrific. We had more in [game plan-wise], but we had more in to play a certain way. And then Kevin deciding not to play ... it's concerning.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CHICAGO -- United States coach Mike Krzyzewski says he was surprised by Kevin Durant's decision to leave the team last week because of "physical and mental fatigue."

"Yeah, I was," Krzyzewski said after Team USA's practice in Chicago on Thursday. "No question. I was."

Krzyzewski wasn't the only one surprised, but he might have been the most frustrated. Durant, the reigning NBA MVP, was expected to be the leader on and off the floor for Team USA.

"It's one of those things; you don't replace Kevin Durant," Krzyzewski said. "You look different. And so we have today and [Friday] to look different before we play a really good team. That's of concern for me because we were pretty far along. We had our best camp ever in Vegas since I've coached [Team USA]. Those guys were terrific. We had more in [game plan-wise], but we had more in to play a certain way. And then Kevin deciding not to play ... it's concerning.

Non-politically correct translation: "WTF Kevin?"

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone is the era where these stars really wanted to be on the team, and in some ways, why not. Is it really a surprise when the USA wins Gold ? There future salaries depend on their health, and USA basketball cant compensate someone in or near a contract year if they get injured. I see both sides on this

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gone is the era where these stars really wanted to be on the team, and in some ways, why not. Is it really a surprise when the USA wins Gold ? There future salaries depend on their health, and USA basketball cant compensate someone in or near a contract year if they get injured. I see both sides on this

yet half these guys are playing pick up ball all summer. if prefer my player playing in organized bball instead basically street ball

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now we can stop all the grab-assing about fatigue and wanting to rest for the Season.

He sold out.

But, for a helluva price:nod:.

Colangelo says Durant withdrew from Team USA for 'contractual situation'
CBS Sports @CBSSports

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, now we can stop all the grab-assing about fatigue and wanting to rest for the Season.

He sold out.

But, for a helluva price:nod:.

Colangelo says Durant withdrew from Team USA for 'contractual situation'
CBS Sports @CBSSports

Colangelo is at that old man stage of life where he just doesn't give an eff and will say what he feels so you're likely to get the truth from him. Looks like my Under Armour theory might have some legs.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colangelo is at that old man stage of life where he just doesn't give an eff and will say what he feels so you're likely to get the truth from him. Looks like my Under Armour theory might have some legs.

Yep, you called it :suds:.