• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

US Open 2022.

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcaraz could win a few majors, but I wouldn't put him as The Next Big 3. He's still missing something.

I'd put Medvedev as A Next Big 3. Tsitsipas and Zverev too, even though Tsitsipas hasn't won a major, and Zverev is hurt right now and hasn't won one yet. Maybe I'd put someone else too.

Even if Alcaraz wins a few majors before them, I'd still put him a level below, right now.

He did need a lot of 5 setters, so far.

I like how steady he is, and he's mentally tough. I just don't think he has a signature shot or trait that really stands out, yet.

He's had a great year, and should make the 2nd week of most majors. I don't see him dropping off.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alcaraz could win a few majors, but I wouldn't put him as The Next Big 3. He's still missing something.

I'd put Medvedev as A Next Big 3. Tsitsipas and Zverev too, even though Tsitsipas hasn't won a major, and Zverev is hurt right now and hasn't won one yet. Maybe I'd put someone else too.

Even if Alcaraz wins a few majors before them, I'd still put him a level below, right now.

He did need a lot of 5 setters, so far.

I like how steady he is, and he's mentally tough. I just don't think he has a signature shot or trait that really stands out, yet.

He's had a great year, and should make the 2nd week of most majors. I don't see him dropping off.
Understatement of the year!

nuraman00

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to the night sessions of Days 1, 2 of the US Open. First time there.

For the pics, the first pic is of Serena on the far away practice court.

Ashe Stadium:

This feels smaller than it looks on TV, and I mean that in a good way. It feels loud inside.

It might not have sounded so loud, if it felt bigger.

Day 1:

Serena Williams vs. Danka Kovinic:

Kovinic really struggled with her serve.

The concourses outside Ashe stadium were so packed, that it felt like the World Series or SuperBowl.

Nick Kyrgios vs. Thanasi Kokkinakis:

This was straight forward. Kyrgios was just better.

Day 2:

Rafa Nadal vs. Rinky Hijikata:

First time seeing Nadal in person.

This was a really good match. The last game was great, Hijikata saved 4 match points before losing.

Nadal won in 4 sets.

The roof is quiet. They closed it mid set, and we didn't even notice until after it was closed.

Danielle Collins vs. Naomi Osaka:

I was impressed with Collins' power. I thought this was going 3 sets, but Collins won in two.

The 2nd set went quicker than I thought it would.

The PA acoustics are really bad. I could not understand anything the umpire or PA said, either day. Which sucked, especially during the Serena video tribute, and the post match press conferences.

I think it sounded worse when the roof was open. I had to watch the interviews after I got home, to hear what was really said.