• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
.....and have you guys seen Sam Pittmans offensive linemen he recruits?... he bought Landon Turner in from us when he coached at UNC!!!!

im still not sure pittman is clean...

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So changing gears a bit - how bad-ass was 1999? I hate to keep living in the past with our program. I hope these "changes" will have all of us looking to the future real soon.

I remember this game - what a freaking beatdown:
The defense did much of the damage, scoring two touchdowns and allowing Syracuse just three first downs until the second-stringers took over in fourth quarter. The Orangemen gained just 120 yards against the Hokies, who are allowing an average of 8 points per game.

"I've been trying to tell you for two years that no one can play defense the way we do," defensive end Corey Moore said. "I think we've made that statement."
CNN/SI - College Football - No. 4 Virginia Tech trounces No. 16 Syracuse 62-0 - Sunday October 17, 1999 11:19 AM

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea 1999 was cool. But back to 2012... We're never going to have another shot at a 1999 type season unless we do the right stuff NOW.

Sam Pittman is a badass coach and recruiter, in a position of MAJOR need year in and year out for us. Do you think weaver or beamer even know who this guy is? I feel like they are both clueless about all things related to bettering our university and football program.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was UNC's OL coach for 5 yrs and considered to be one of the best recruiters in the country .. not to mention the loose connection to western michigan (he was there a few years after Weaver left) .. I'd say that CFB would definitely know who he is.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
All these good coaches getting taken is the downside of going to a bowl game...if that's the reason they're delaying the coaching changes. That they're not making changes now tells me that it's going to be something more than Newsome. If they were only going to change the OL coach then I think it'd be safe to do it now.

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to end up with the last pick of the litter, and continue to be in the shitter. Fire these people! Beamer and weaver need to stop playing bridge together everyday, and actually advance our football program.

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are going to end up with the last pick of the litter, and continue to be in the shitter. Fire these people! Beamer and weaver need to stop playing bridge together everyday, and actually advance our football program.

Live in 1999 for now, life will be much easier for you. Also be sure to check your blood pressure everyday if you have such high expectations, for I think the days of getting back to 1999 status in the realm of college football are over* until Beamer retires.

(Trying to get people feisty and moving on this.)

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you trying to be like Jamerson now?

amszete

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ole HD beign tough on Beams over at Disney...

ACC Blog - ESPN

Virginia Tech:

Best case: Quarterback Logan Thomas plays an interception-free game, the Hokies get their running game going, Virginia Tech beats Rutgers for its first win of the season against a Big East team and coach Frank Beamer announces he will hire a new offensive coordinator.

Worst case: The Hokies’ offense continues to look as anemic as it has all season, the program suffers its first losing season since 1992, and Beamer decides not to make any changes to his staff after an 0-3 finish against Big East teams.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Depending on what Beamer does with the staff, I think serious consideration needs to be made towards blowing up the empty national trophy case. It's pathetic for that thing to exist while year after year he gives the "thumbs up" to his offensive coaching staff. If he pulls a typical, lateral, fambly, buddy buddy, yes man, state of Virginia need only apply hire, then I think it needs to not only be removed but blown up as well

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as a i dislike stiney, the issues this year were the OL and LT being inaccurate more than him. Stiney put together some pretty bad games but those games looked as bad as they did because we couldnt run the ball. The game we ran the ball (Duke) the passing game benefited from it and we put up 40 points.

I am not saying Stiney doesnt need to go, the multiple, no identity offense is not good and needs to go. I am a fan of the pro set with a little spread in it when we NEED it. Not Ace, I back, Pistol, Spread, Spread, Ace, Pistol, I back.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This was a year where I couldn't really blame the playcalling. There's nothing you can do with no blocking from the OL OR TEs OR WRs AND a QB who can't make the simplest of throws. I do blame everything but the playcalling though

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is Becton and Painter played well this year. It was mainly Wang, Benedict, Farris, Martin/Mallek completely missing blocks or getting blown back on thier asses play after play.

I am still trying to figure out why Wang played so much even though he never looked good and was seemingly injured every other play.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad thing is Becton and Painter played well this year. It was mainly Wang, Benedict, Farris, Martin/Mallek completely missing blocks or getting blown back on thier asses play after play.

I am still trying to figure out why Wang played so much even though he never looked good and was seemingly injured every other play.

The tackles played well and that is why we had some decent pass blocking. Wang was gawd awfule and losing centers all season killed us. Benedict was just average i felt. Wang is the softest puss I have ever seen on a football field. Our interior line had 0 push all year and that means 0 holes to run through when the DL can stand them up and play 2 gaps at once.