• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UPDATED 1/10/2013 10:30PM: Offensive coaching staff for next year

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jeff Gravely of WRAL (Raleigh) mentioned that O'Cain may be a front runner for the Appalachian State job. Not sure why Jerry Moore isn't returning.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sweet i hope he takes the job and brings Newsome with him.

rockhead44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jeff Gravely of WRAL (Raleigh) mentioned that O'Cain may be a front runner for the Appalachian State job. Not sure why Jerry Moore isn't returning.

Amazingly, Moore was let go.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hoping something is done here. We play Alabama first thing next year. Their D will completely destroy us if nothing happens (for the better). Hoping Saban will go easy on Beamer.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think he is retiring ... If we could pony up the dough, how about Tom O'Brien ??? I know -- laughable but he's a good coach .. I'm surprised his name hasn't popped up at all WRT all these HC openings

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout Cam Cameron? The Ravens seem to run an offense similar to VT....only executed.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout Cam Cameron? The Ravens seem to run an offense similar to VT....only executed.

Debatable. I'm a ravens fan and our offense is executed very similar to VT's: looks good at times, drives me insane all the rest of the time.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just found footage of Stinespring during one of our games...

1-ice-cream-kid-gif.gif

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got super computers at Tech. We should just load in a football program and have it call plays in real time.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You can't go wrong with a "pro-style" offense, so a couple of names to throw out there Mark Whipple, Dana Bible, and Jim Chaney out of Tenn. Butch Jones has already said he isn't keeping Jim Chaney!!!

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't go wrong with a "pro-style" offense, so a couple of names to throw out there Mark Whipple, Dana Bible, and Jim Chaney out of Tenn. Butch Jones has already said he isn't keeping Jim Chaney!!!

A couple of sloppy ACC seconds there. I think VT needs to bring in a younger OC....someone under age 50 at least.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I am kind of reaching here, but anyone ever heard of Chris Klenakis?? I hadn't either until starting a google search for the Nevada offensive coordinator. He coached under Nevada head coach Chris Ault for a number of years as OC and he and Ault developed the "Pistol" Offense. He moved on to Arkansas several years ago to be Petrino's OLine coach. I would imagine he is available...right now. Don't know anything about him, but read the bio, he has an impressive resume.

Football - Mobile - ArkansasRazorbacks.com - Official Site of Arkansas Razorback Athletics

Hate to quote my own quote, but still think some of the guys from Arkansas would be good OC/Assistant coach candidates. I know there are no VT ties to any of these guys..maybe that's a good thing. With BP landing at Western Kentucky..it could be done IMO.

The two that I am interested in and think we could get would be Cincovich and Klenakis (see above). They both come from the Chris Ault "School of the pistol", have good coaching history/resume..and let's be honest, (prior to this year) Arkansas has been light years ahead of VT offensively during Petrino's tenure. I didn't include Paul Petrino (Arky OC) because it is likely he will join his bruh at WKU. I imagine Bobby Petrino will try to bring many of these guys with him, they all come from the same coaching tree so there is definitely a comfort level there. But VT could certainly outpay WKU.

I am sure these guys won't even be considered, just speculating.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm pretty sure Paul Petrine took the hc Job at Idaho...but good points .. I like the idea of Chaney but that is doubtful

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

It's not surprising that OCain could end up at Appy State. He hasn't produced up to expectations for us this season but there are very few assistant coaches that have his experience at multiple decent gigs in the mid-Atlantic. Four decent stints as OC in the ACC, but a mediocre to bad career as head man at NC State. I could see him having success at that school and that level.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I looked on a App State message board after hearing about this. Their fans are not excited by this prospect, lol

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said all along how I would love to have the entire Tennessee offensive staff if possible. They score a lot of points, and know how to use their players.

They also have probably the best OL coach i can think of. Bray never got touched.

I got really excited when UT hired Jones... It gave Vols a coach I like, as well as most likely allowing Tennessee's offensive staff to be on the market.

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I have a good buddy here at work who is a big-time Vols fan and he said the same thing .. that Sam Pittman is a hell of an OL coach and that if there was a coach other than Graham that Butch Jones should've kept, it was him.

757vt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
.....and have you guys seen Sam Pittmans offensive linemen he recruits?... he stole Landon Turner and Kiaro Holtz in from us when he coached at UNC!!!!