• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Large Amount of Free Agents

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys sign Neal. Nice addition at $5 Million. Now go get Hooker
only if he was brought here to be a safety.
If he got brought here to be a an experiment (LB) or just one of Quinns guys (like BP did with so many)
then I say fuck that! bad move!

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You never hesitate if you think a guy is special. You just take him. fans just want to draft to fill holes. Smart GMs look for superstars in the top 10. Now do I think Pitts is that guy? not sure but if the team does I’m fine with it. But they really need to think he is a level above everyone else to go that route. You should fill your holes in free agency so that you are free to pick the best players in the draft.
A very safe way to say it.
TE in the 1st (top ten) is basically a bad move, but when that one special guy lands.... complete winner.
If we take Pitts in the 1st, meaning #10 (like he makes it to ten) I will be afraid as fuck, but like you, be as optimistic as I can for the move.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
only if he was brought here to be a safety.
If he got brought here to be a an experiment (LB) or just one of Quinns guys (like BP did with so many)
then I say fuck that! bad move!
Man he's a good defender. We need all of those we can get. This defense sucked ass last year. The more fresh blood the better IMO

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man he's a good defender. We need all of those we can get. This defense sucked ass last year. The more fresh blood the better IMO
cant argue that
but we dont know how much was Nolan trying to change things putting a 4-3 guys into other scenarios.
& how much is on the players alone.
What I do know. You dont spend 5 mil on a player a coach says he knows, to play a different position.

I am gonna assume you are with me on that!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cant argue that
but we dont know how much was Nolan trying to change things putting a 4-3 guys into other scenarios.
& how much is on the players alone.
What I do know. You dont spend 5 mil on a player a coach says he knows, to play a different position.

I am gonna assume you are with me on that!
I do. But I am also really happy about the switch to Dan Quinn. Kind of reminds me of Mike Zimmer and Wade Phillips, the guy has never killed it as a Head Coach, but he is a Hell of a DC. Let him bring in some of his guys. I would like to see us bring in another FA DB or two. There are 20 guys on the market that could walk in and start here day 1

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do. But I am also really happy about the switch to Dan Quinn. Kind of reminds me of Mike Zimmer and Wade Phillips, the guy has never killed it as a Head Coach, but he is a Hell of a DC. Let him bring in some of his guys. I would like to see us bring in another FA DB or two. There are 20 guys on the market that could walk in and start here day 1
I agree.
I am overwhelmingly happy Dan Quinn is here vs. Nolan.
Until someone can do with mediocre talent (smoke & mirrors) as Mike Zimmer was capable to do. No one gets props over Zimmer as our badass DC.
BTW I am hoping Quinn can get us some more support in the Turnover Department. I want to see something variable to Thurman's Thieves (with pressure)
To much to ask :noidea:

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is, I said I wasn't going to get overly hyped this offseason because of the multiple disappointing years, so far Jerry and Co has made that easy.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this seems likely cause the cowboys tend to get stuck on measurables over better football player. If they spent time watching tape of SC Vs Florida and Auburn, JC Horn is the better corner right now. Horn covers the best player, wide right, wide left, slot and even the TE. In the SEC no less. Against Florida he covers the speed burner and when Pitts went off, moved inside and shut Pitts down like bubble gum on his shoe.

I was huge Farley till I started watching the other two corners....now, he's third on my list
I think Horn is the best corner . Fast enough and physical. Very Physical. Faster than Surtain.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Urban,Basham and Neal are good pickups. Real good pieces added with these 3 signings. The other signings dont move the needle much for me. But these three good against the run. Basham was a shrewd move.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A very safe way to say it.
TE in the 1st (top ten) is basically a bad move, but when that one special guy lands.... complete winner.
If we take Pitts in the 1st, meaning #10 (like he makes it to ten) I will be afraid as fuck, but like you, be as optimistic as I can for the move.
I actually think he will be there at #10 and personally I don't think I'd take him if I were GM. I think he is one of those guys being mocked above his talent level right now and I suspect NFL GMs won't have him as a top 10 pick. But if McClay and the crew feel he is a potential superstar I'll be happy if we take him. A superstar TE would be another way to replace Coopers production if we cut him next year and use his cap space on defense.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the idea is to move Wilson to FS next year and let Neal play in his customary spot. I would have played him there last year and played Woods in the box when we weren't two deep. I always thought Wilson was a FS before last season (based on the small sample size we saw of him) and always thought Woods was better in the box. Kind of like when year after year they played Heath deep when it clearly wasn't his thing :scratch:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Urban,Basham and Neal are good pickups. Real good pieces added with these 3 signings. The other signings dont move the needle much for me. But these three good against the run. Basham was a shrewd move.
I'm really happy with Urban. Should provide some solid run support in rotation at a bargain price:

Brent Urban signed a 1 year, $1,750,000 contract with the Dallas Cowboys, including a $500,000 signing bonus, $1,750,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $1,750,000. In 2021, Urban will earn a base salary of $1,250,000 and a signing bonus of $500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $1,750,000 and a dead cap value of $1,750,000.

But what this defense needs is play makers, not bodies. Let's not pretend any of these guys are difference makers. When the Jets and Falcons don't want you it isn't exactly a great sign. It would be like us reading Bengals fans getting all excited over Awuzie. We should have brought in one top player to make our defense better and all we did was fill out of the Sunday roster...so far.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good and a bad one.

The good is that if there is a top CB in this draft Den be a little more likely to pass on him if they like someone else as well leaving him for us assuming we like the same player of course. The bad we could have had Fuller for the price of Lewis and Neal. :doh:

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if the idea is to move Wilson to FS next year and let Neal play in his customary spot. I would have played him there last year and played Woods in the box when we weren't two deep. I always thought Wilson was a FS before last season (based on the small sample size we saw of him) and always thought Woods was better in the box. Kind of like when year after year they played Heath deep when it clearly wasn't his thing :scratch:
I don't think Wilson can play free. I think he will be SS, Neal will be LB and they will sign either Hooker or Kazee next week to play FS. I think they will also add a corner as there are several left that could start for us. After that, they can still go corner at 10, or just take the best available

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Wilson can play free. I think he will be SS, Neal will be LB and they will sign either Hooker or Kazee next week to play FS. I think they will also add a corner as there are several left that could start for us. After that, they can still go corner at 10, or just take the best available
This is what I think as well.

Teams can't get difference makers at all positions, they need lunch pale type guys playing THEIR roles. IF and I mean IF we get a solid rotation on the Dline that holds water and keeps olinemen OFF the LB's so they can run to the football then this run defense will be much improved. Neal is a player and after watching our LB's last year guess most of the time (many times wrong) on which hole to fill. Neal looks the perfect weakside run to the football guy with above average coverage skills to me. MY GOD, Quinn must be sick at what he saw on film of our two LB's last year.

Corner at 10 should be a top player available AND desperately needed

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good and a bad one.

The bad we could have had Fuller for the price of Lewis and Neal. :doh:
This is the problem with the Cowboys approach to FA. They sign quantity over quality. It's not working well. The drafting has been decent. FA not good at all.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I think as well.

Teams can't get difference makers at all positions, they need lunch pale type guys playing THEIR roles. IF and I mean IF we get a solid rotation on the Dline that holds water and keeps olinemen OFF the LB's so they can run to the football then this run defense will be much improved. Neal is a player and after watching our LB's last year guess most of the time (many times wrong) on which hole to fill. Neal looks the perfect weakside run to the football guy with above average coverage skills to me. MY GOD, Quinn must be sick at what he saw on film of our two LB's last year.

Corner at 10 should be a top player available AND desperately needed
While Jaylon was a nice story,you simply cant spend that much money for that type of production. Jaylon clearly lost speed when compared to his 2018 season. But even at the end of that season he got exposed in the playoffs. I think you got to move on.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Giving Neal $5M to play a position he doesn't play is just not smart. I don't see anyway around that. Would any team without Jerry as a GM do that? Could it work out? Of course it could, but the point is whether it is worth the risk/reward. I've also yet to see him at more than 216lbs. But, I haven't seen the details so it may be at least half incentive based (I've read $3M guaranteed) which would make a lot more sense. At that price he could be a backup, STer or really play anywhere if it doesn't work out. I still think the idea if @LB is in the nickel in the middle of the field because our 3 LBs last year were all a complete disaster attempting to play that spot. You take a shit run defense and run out a 216 lbs LB who isn't really a LB and you just aren't even pretending that stopping the run is important.

I agree with you on Hooker. Not as sold on Kazee from what I saw of him, but would happily take over what we have if that is what happens.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the problem with the Cowboys approach to FA. They sign quantity over quality. It's not working well. The drafting has been decent. FA not good at all.
And a decade later the Kool-Aid still tastes great...