• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Bulls documentary likely to be a Bronsexual's paradise

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off hand, I'd say it's someone who says stuff like this because someone said that, while he's still the GOAT, he wasn't necessarily a good person:

Goodness gracious. :L

It appears I cant laugh at the bad person brigade. Let me know what else I can or can’t do

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stop what? Laughing at the “bad person”
brigade? Goodness I didn’t take You for a snowflake as well.

I love the Bulls. Actually have a Scottie Pippen Jersey not a Jordan jersey framed. Lol.

Keep the facepalms coming ginger it all tastes good

Of course thats your response. Way too emotional. Just settle down

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My first post of the thread... oh look it’s the “he’s a bad person crew” Lol

Etc etc

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course thats your response. Way too emotional. Just settle down

I am laughing man. It’s cute and funny at the same time.
I should have just let everyone have their pile on “he’s a bad person” thread right?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is pretty accurate. Except Jordan didn't speak his mind as much as you think. He was VERY apolitical and non-controversial in his public image, to keep the $ flowing to Nike.

MJ's philosophy on how to handle that was perfectly stated when he said: Republicans buy shoes too.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Just calm down”

lol. No more laughing

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was pretty common knowledge after the Jordan Rules came out that he wasn't the greatest teammate. He was a cutthroat competitor but cutthroat competitors win titles

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both are idiots in different ways. Jordan was a selfish prick and LeBron is too self-conscious about what people think about him. MJ spoke his mind, sometimes to a fault, and LeBron largely says what he thinks people want to hear. They’re like on opposite ends of the spectrum in that regard.
Jordan was very brand minded before the phrase even existed. It was about making money for Nike and the league.

LeBron is often sadly pathetic with his comments and statements. He tries to sound intelligent to the point of overcompensating

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many back in that time were good guys though...

Laimbeer?
Isaiah?

I loved the Bad Boys but I'm sure they weren't much off of MJ.

Ah oh.. you just opened up a whole can of worms saying the whole league was full
bad people :lol:

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many back in that time were good guys though...

Laimbeer?
Isaiah?

I loved the Bad Boys but I'm sure they weren't much off of MJ.
As a kid I idolized Isaiah and was kind of shocked at the details that came about him later in his career and afterwords. I can't remember the name of the journalist, but they said something to the effect of "Isaiah hasn't come up with an original thought in his life"

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn’t even try to make people think he was something he wasn’t. When you are that good you can be that way. These guys now days that think they can dictate don’t have shit on Jordan. Remember the talk about how he really didn’t do anything for black causes? He said f that, no one helped me, you take care of yourself.

I don't think it's about being a certain way, or guys thinking they can.

It's about guys deciding for themselves what issues, if any, they want to involve themselves in.

Some guys get involved, some just want to play ball. I'm not going to criticize them either way.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's about being a certain way, or guys thinking they can.

It's about guys deciding for themselves what issues, if any, they want to involve themselves in.

Some guys get involved, some just want to play ball. I'm not going to criticize them either way.
I hear you, however if someone is going to get involved in social issues the very least they can do is become informed about it before expressing opinions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone help this poor little man he’s embarrassing himself on the internet again

I see a lot of folks trying to help you.

But they can only offer, you have to be willing to accept the help.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you, however if someone is going to get involved in social issues the very least they can do is become informed about it before expressing opinions.

Different time and Not the 60s like Ali but that’s a good example why not to get involved.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see a lot of folks trying to help you.

But they can only offer, you have to be willing to accept the help.

You do realize how many times I had explain to the queen why he played baseball right? It was comical

Sorry man. I’ll let everyone pile on the bad person thread next time and won’t be my usual smart ass with a few rum drinks. Lol

I certainly don’t need any help talking about the GOAT. He is who he is. I am looking forward to this on Sunday and wanted to have fun with the usual snowflakes

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he has always been a pretty private person. I expect a ton of shit is going to come out about how hard he was on teammates. That’s called winning no matter what and making those around you better. He never had an excuse in him, I’ll take that over some of the whiners hands down.

Here's the thing.

No one is saying he didn't try to win no matter what. In fact, most are saying that him being as asshole and being that singularly focused on winning are WHY he's the GOAT.

Kobe, who tried very hard to "Be Like Mike" for most of his career was also an asshole. Kobe even punched a teammate.

There are 2 differences:

1. Lakers fans and Kobe fans readily admit that Kobe was an asshole for most of his career.

2. Kobe's career was long enough that he was able to rebuild his image by going all "Uncle Kobe" and mentoring young guys.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used to be a huge MJ is the greatest b-ball player ever for a long time. Now, I think the debate is dumb as fuck. If you want a bucket, you probably go with Jordan. If you want a three ball, you probably go with someone like Bird, Reggie, or Ray Allen. If you want a defensive stop, you want Bill Russell. If you want a rebound and/or a post up you want Kareem or Wilt. If you want a player to attempt to do everything for your team, you want Lebron. Lebrons style doesnt really equate to championships. Basically, every time Lebron won, he did it with either Wade or Kyrie. Both Wade (and Ray Ray) and Kyrie have the type of killer instinct that MJ did. If you had to make a team from scratch and could choose one player to help make it compete then Lebron is the choice. If you have a good NBA roster and need to add a scorer, you go Jordan all day every day. 1 on 1? I don’t know who would win in their prime, but if I had to guess, it would be MJ because Lebron would have none to pass it to.

If you had to choose one player to start a team -- I can't see any GM not picking Michael Jordan.

People seem to think he was just the guy who scored a lot. He was a 1st team all-NBA defensive player 10 times. He won a DPOTY award. He led the league in steals 3 times. If you go look at a highlight video of Jordan -- every 4th or 5th play will be a defensive play he made.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come end of the game a Jordan took that responsibility on and never ran from it.

Well, except for that time he threw it to Paxson for a big bucket.

Or that time he passed it to Kerr for a big shot.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, except for that time he threw it to Paxson for a big bucket.

Or that time he passed it to Kerr for a big shot.

Any dynasty it’s going be a team effort. Robert Horry is a prime example. Kobe took and hit big shots but you have to trust your teammates. Jordan hit big shots and at times for sure had to pass to the open man. Phil Jackson helped with this