• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Bulls documentary likely to be a Bronsexual's paradise

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crazy that the Spurs never won back to back. Unless I'm mistaken, I believe that every NBA dynasty going back to the beginning has won back to back.

Yeah, they didn't. The closest they came was when they were about to clinch against the Heat before Ray Allen fucked it up for them.

Of course, they'd have probably lost the next season so.... lol

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sadly, I don't see this Warriors group winning another one, but who knows. They're older now and the advantages that they had over the league don't exist anymore. The competition has caught up in 3-point shooting. And obviously, they no longer have what was arguably the greatest roster ever assembled.

The time off should be good for all of them and they will have a lottery pick. So they could actually be in a situation like when the Showtime Lakers got James Worthy. I can think of at least 1 title they likely don't have without him.

If Steph and Klay come back strong, Draymond can at least be close to who he was before everyone got hurt and they get the right guy in the draft...they could have 1 or 2 more in them.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The time off should be good for all of them and they will have a lottery pick. So they could actually be in a situation like when the Showtime Lakers got James Worthy. I can think of at least 1 title they likely don't have without him.

If Steph and Klay come back strong, Draymond can at least be close to who he was before everyone got hurt and they get the right guy in the draft...they could have 1 or 2 more in them.

Maybe I'm totally wrong to hate him, but Draymond is my least favorite Warrior right now and I don't have much faith in him moving forward. His shot isn't going to get better. Maybe he was just lucky when he shot a high percentage back in 2016, as his form has always been ugly. He is also a disruptive person in that locker room, going at it with Kerr and his teammates. I don't think his "passion" is worth the tradeoff with his stupidity and technical fouls. After his idiocy with Durant last season, which still hasn't stopped, as evidenced by the article below, he will have to play better and show that he has matured before I can be a fan again.

Draymond: Warriors had 'elephant in room' in KD

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I'm totally wrong to hate him, but Draymond is my least favorite Warrior right now and I don't have much faith in him moving forward. His shot isn't going to get better. Maybe he was just lucky when he shot a high percentage back in 2016, as his form has always been ugly. He is also a disruptive person in that locker room, going at it with Kerr and his teammates. I don't think his "passion" is worth the tradeoff with his stupidity and technical fouls. After his idiocy with Durant last season, which still hasn't stopped, as evidenced by the article below, he will have to play better and show that he has matured before I can be a fan again.

Draymond: Warriors had 'elephant in room' in KD

You may be right. Dray is an emotional dude who talks a lot (I saw an interview a couple of years ago with his Mom...she's worse than him lol) and KD is soft as Charmin, they were always going to clash at some point.

We'll see what happens. It'll be interesting. If he has anything left, he could help them. But, if he doesn't, they need to get rid of him one way or another because you're right, he could derail the team.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right. Dray is an emotional dude who talks a lot (I saw an interview a couple of years ago with his Mom...she's worse than him lol) and KD is soft as Charmin, they were always going to clash at some point.

We'll see what happens. It'll be interesting. If he has anything left, he could help them. But, if he doesn't, they need to get rid of him one way or another because you're right, he could derail the team.

Yeah, good point about his mom. He'll probably never change his ways, and I don't see him getting better as a player. We're probably stuck with him. Hopefully, the coaches and team leaders will keep him in his place.

Durant couldn't be soft overall because a soft person would have never achieved so much, but man, he's really embarrassed himself with the hyper sensitivity regarding comments made about him. Any normal NBA superstar would just ignore it or say fuck you to everyone and do whatever the hell he wants. Durant definitely gives off the impression that his decisions can be influenced by haters/trolls on the internet, which is laughably ridiculous for any prominent person.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least read the CBS article morons that the OP left out

Yeah sorry about that one. Was typing in a hurry at work and did not have the link with me.

Did not expect this to become the official documentary thread, but will take it. :thumb:

Not at all surprised by the reaction of @msgkings322 to this thread. bk was a bit more surprising, but not by much overall.

Here was the link to the article:

Michael Jordan says upcoming documentary 'The Last Dance' will make people think he's a 'horrible guy'

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah sorry about that one. Was typing in a hurry at work and did not have the link with me.

Did not expect this to become the official documentary thread, but will take it. :thumb:

Not at all surprised by the reaction of @msgkings322 to this thread. bk was a bit more surprising, but not by much overall.

Here was the link to the article:

Michael Jordan says upcoming documentary 'The Last Dance' will make people think he's a 'horrible guy'

Obviously he was an intense player that won a lot and hated to lose. He’s got haters everywhere but his teammates have come out recently saying good things even Steve Kerr. Media is just gonna media and people love to fall for it.

this from Kerr recently on MJ in baseball was interesting.

Kerr: Nobody resented Pippen over '97 surgery
But Kerr also pointed to the toll that attention can take on a player.

"I always will maintain that the reason he went and played baseball was because he was fried emotionally from the scrutiny that really only he felt," Kerr said. "Watching him, by the time that I got there, and the life compared to everyone else. ... It was insane. So I think he had had enough and just stepped away for a little while, came back and was ready to roll."

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously he was an intense player that won a lot and hated to lose. He’s got haters everywhere but his teammates have come out recently saying good things even Steve Kerr. Media is just gonna media and people love to fall for it.

this from Kerr recently on MJ in baseball was interesting.

Kerr: Nobody resented Pippen over '97 surgery
But Kerr also pointed to the toll that attention can take on a player.

"I always will maintain that the reason he went and played baseball was because he was fried emotionally from the scrutiny that really only he felt," Kerr said. "Watching him, by the time that I got there, and the life compared to everyone else. ... It was insane. So I think he had had enough and just stepped away for a little while, came back and was ready to roll."

It makes you wonder how the rest of Jordan's career and the 90's Bulls would have proceeded if he didn't take that break. People should at least give the Rockets their full due as champions.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes you wonder how the rest of Jordan's career and the 90's Bulls would have proceeded if he didn't take that break. People should at least give the Rockets their full due as champions.

Oh the Rockets had a helluva team and a great story especially after Phi Slama Jama choked in college. They were NBA champs but it doesn’t mean we can’t tease them. ;)

Crazy thing is the Bulls took the Knicks to 7 with no MJ and the Knicks took the Rockets to 7. All while Scottie was making $2.5 million per year :L

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh the Rockets had a helluva team and a great story especially after Phi Slama Jama choked in college. They were NBA champs but it doesn’t mean we can’t tease them. ;)

Crazy thing is the Bulls took the Knicks to 7 with no MJ and the Knicks took the Rockets to 7. All while Scottie was making $2.5 million per year :L

LOL. Most people attach asterisks to those Rockets titles. And people are serious about that, I believe. Such is the reputation of Jordan and the Bulls, which is very understandable. At least they did win, though. Those Riley Knicks team might've won a title in the 90's with a little better luck.

Poor Scottie. He doesn't get his full due either. That was his time to shine. He should've never sat out that last second play, though.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Most people attach asterisks to those Rockets titles. And people are serious about that, I believe. Such is the reputation of Jordan and the Bulls, which is very understandable. At least they did win, though. Those Riley Knicks team might've won a title in the 90's with a little better luck.

Poor Scottie. He doesn't get his full due either. That was his time to shine. He should've never sat out that last second play, though.

I’m glad he sat for that play. Lol. And I love Scottie but he ate some humble pie when Kukoc got that game winner

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinsdorf is somehow not getting any blame, it’s all on Krauss. Tim Floyd came out and said he told them all that they were nuts and a team like that deserved to go til they lost. Reinsdorf asked him to tell Krause that. Seriously? Krauss had to have a lot on Reinsdirf.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reinsdorf is somehow not getting any blame, it’s all on Krauss. Tim Floyd came out and said he told them all that they were nuts and a team like that deserved to go til they lost. Reinsdorf asked him to tell Krause that. Seriously? Krauss had to have a lot on Reinsdirf.

Bulls going for 4-peat v. Duncan-Robinson Spurs. Who you got?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i would not bet against Jordan with buck tails money.

You probably would get good odds on the Spurs, who would probably come in underrated. Those twin towers would at least give the Bulls a lot of trouble. No coaching edge for the Bulls, which I believe they always had in their 6 Finals appearances. Pop is at least equal to Phil. Experience edge goes to the Bulls, but I also think that there is some edge to being the new strong team, whether it's youth or that the league just doesn't have as much of a book on you.

I think prime conditions for an upset and passing of the torch moment exist here. You have an aging Bulls team that has already won numerous times going up against a Spurs team led by Pop and two of the very greatest big men looking for the team's first title. And remember that Duncan didn't come out early. He was a fully developed player as a rookie.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing of the torch happens to every great team. Bird's Celtics and Magic's Lakers gave way to the Pistons, who gave way to the Bulls.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs might have got them to 7, would have been the first.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You look at today’s Bulls and it makes we wonder if we are now cursed because of this. D Rose? J Will? Eddie Curry?

Why in the hell would you break up a great team? Like you want ticket sales to drop?

the egos involved here were obviously massive but the reality the FO was in was just some sorry shit

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passing of the torch happens to every great team. Bird's Celtics and Magic's Lakers gave way to the Pistons, who gave way to the Bulls.

right, but it wasn’t passed by the players on the court.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right, but it wasn’t passed by the players on the court.

I think it actually enhances their legacy that they broke up before they lost. And maybe it would've happened against the Spurs.