• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Upcoming Bulls documentary likely to be a Bronsexual's paradise

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whining is obvious to everyone here but you. Let's see if you can refrain from replying.

You are the one saying it bud. Lol. I’m just asking where? Can you show me?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever he hand picked, none of his Cavs teams have ever been as good as Jordans Bulls teams. This isn't really a debate.

The reason no team was as good as the Bulls was Jordan. No one could guard him. And remember -- this was during a time when you could use your body on defense and hand checks were legal. A time where, if you took it to the basket -- you could get your head taken off and it was nothing more than a shooting foul.

Imagine someone trying to stop Jordan now in today's NBA?!? It was impossible when the rules favored the defense in the 80's and 90's.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't bash Jordan the player for being a cut throat but Jordan the spokesman seems like a total phony.
Exactly, all I've been doing this thread is noting what a dick the guy was, and that people were too invested in his awesomeness. And then right on cue dumdum shows up to prove me right

He was obviously GOAT (there may someday be one better, LeBron has a shot depending on future titles). There's a great article today at 538 breaking down exactly why he was GOAT. But don't say mean words about him, or the MJ nuthuggers will cry all over your thread.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first time with the Cavs -- I agree. He carried them to the finals and they were swept.

After that -- he has handpicked his teammates where he had not one, but two superstars playing along side him.

He went to the Lakers without another superstar and they missed the playoffs, then brought in Anthony Davis and they were good again.

Lebron is one of the best, but when you are playing with multiple superstars and there are other teams in the NBA better than you and you have a losing records in the finals -- that is extremely telling.

While you continue blathering on & on with your anti LeBron mumbo jumbo why did you not mention the injury bug got the Lakers bad his first year in LA?

-starter L. Ball missed 35 games
-starter B. Ingram missed 30 games
-back up R. Rondo missed 36 games

Not only are you clueless about CFB. You're just as clueless with the NBA. No surprise though.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason no team was as good as the Bulls was Jordan. No one could guard him. And remember -- this was during a time when you could use your body on defense and hand checks were legal. A time where, if you took it to the basket -- you could get your head taken off and it was nothing more than a shooting foul.

Imagine someone trying to stop Jordan now in today's NBA?!? It was impossible when the rules favored the defense in the 80's and 90's.
Pippen Rodman Harper Kukoc Kerr were light-years better than Love Kyrie and the rest of the Cavs

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoever he hand picked, none of his Cavs teams have ever been as good as Jordans Bulls teams. This isn't really a debate.

Yeah, but you could say that about the competition he faced as well with the CB agreement at the time. Knicks were loaded during his run, to just name one of them. Utah as well. Suns team he beat was loaded. The top competition was a lot tougher.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you could say that about the competition he faced as well with the CB agreement at the time. Knicks were loaded during his run, to just name one of them. Utah as well. Suns team he beat was loaded. The top competition was a lot tougher.
I know this
The argument was LeBron never carried teams to rings or finals. Total bullshit. Jordan had better help.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol

the Lebron lovers never get old. 2 different eras and 2 different mind sets with these 2. 1A and 1B imo. It’s just too hard to compare the eras because they are so different.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this
The argument was LeBron never carried teams to rings or finals. Total bullshit. Jordan had better help.

si did an article way back when that painted a real picture of him. Wasn't a hatchet job but just painting a real picture of him as being competitive as fuck. I think it was right after the 2nd retirement.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
si did an article way back when that painted a real picture of him. Wasn't a hatchet job but just painting a real picture of him as being competitive as fuck. I think it was right after the 2nd retirement.

When you’re betting on cockroaches running up the wall at a golf course you know you’re a bit bored and stupid competitive. They absolutely hate to lose. No doubt.

All the great ones are.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is interesting because the reason no one could guard him was because the Pistons absolutely abused him for years physically and the Celtics always beat the Bulls. That’s why no one could guard him after.... he got wiser and the Bulls added talent, while the Celtics and Pistons time was over but the Pat Riley’s Knicks were strong and had some beef. MJ wasnt having it any more

Lebron never really had that rivalry during the season or in the playoffs. But again the eras are totally different.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know this
Pippen Rodman Harper Kukoc Kerr were light-years better than Love Kyrie and the rest of the Cavs

Harper -- made zero all star games
Kukoc -- made zero all star games
Kerr -- made zero all star games
Rodman -- didn't join the Bulls til he was 35, 36, 37 and missed 50+ games in 3 years
Pippen -- was his sidekick. He played 7 more years after Jordan retired and never made another all-star team or another all-NBA or all-NBA defensive team once Jordan left.

Love was 25 years old, already a multiple time NBA all-star and avg 26 and 13 rebounds when he was traded to the Cavs.

Kyrie was 22 -- already was an NBA all star averaging 22+ ppg when Lebron joined him back on the Cavs.

Chris Bosh was 26 and coming off a season he avg 24.5 and 11 boards for Toronto when he went to Miami.

Dwayne Wade was 29 and avg 26 ppg and was a 7 time all star when Lebron joined him.

You are out of your mind if you think Kerr, Harper, Kukoc, Rodman (at 35) were better than these guys.

To go a step further -- Scottie Pippen in his career never avg more than 22 ppg.
Between Bosh, Love, Wade and Kyrie -- they have 21 seasons where they average 22 ppg and Lebron played with each of them in their prime.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any dynasty it’s going be a team effort. Robert Horry is a prime example. Kobe took and hit big shots but you have to trust your teammates. Jordan hit big shots and at times for sure had to pass to the open man. Phil Jackson helped with this

Agree 100%. But to hear some talk, MJ took all of the big shots and never missed one. lol

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't bash Jordan the player for being a cut throat but Jordan the spokesman seems like a total phony.
The SNL bits about him promoting feminine hygiene products and REALLY hardcore pron were hilarious

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is interesting because the reason no one could guard him was because the Pistons absolutely abused him for years physically and the Celtics always beat the Bulls. That’s why no one could guard him after.... he got wiser and the Bulls added talent, while the Celtics and Pistons time was over but the Pat Riley’s Knicks were strong and had some beef. MJ wasnt having it any more

Lebron never really had that rivalry during the season or in the playoffs. But again the eras are totally different.

With the way I talk about Jordan, you'd think I was Bulls fan. I was born and raised (and unfortunately, still am) a huge Pistons fan, so I know all about the rivalry between Detroit and Chicago. As well as the 'Jordan Rules' the Pistons 'Bad Boy' teams had. I think that is where I started to really come to respect what Jordan was doing. Detroit wasn't trying to stop him, they were trying to beat him up. Any time he tried to go to the basket -- they had at least two guys hammering him, clothes lining him, pulling him to the ground. It wasn't a game when Chicago and Detroit played -- it was a war.

Mahorn and Laimbeer would absolutely punish Jordan. Dumars shadowed him everywhere on the court. And Isaiah Thomas took SO many cheap shots when Jordan went to the basket.

This is why I said -- teams couldn't stop Jordan when it was a free for all on defense. How would you stop him today where hand checks are a foul? Using your body is a foul? If you commit a hard foul, you get ejected.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pippen -- was his sidekick. He played 7 more years after Jordan retired and never made another all-star team or another all-NBA or all-NBA defensive team once Jordan left.

Really?

He was NBA All-Defensive first team in 1999 as a member of the Houston Rockets and All-Defensive 2nd team in 2000 as a member of the Portland Trailblazers.

During the seasons that MJ was playing baseball, he was an All-Star, All NBA 1st team, NBA All-Defensive 1st team and led the Bulls to the ECF.

He's a top 50 All-Time NBA player and a Hall of Famer.

In short...he was pretty fucking good.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's Jordan on the court and Jordan off the court. But late 80's early 90's he was the coolest guy on the planet, asshole or not.